Candida and body alkalinity

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and body alkalinity

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Is anybody familiar with the concept of body alkalinity and have they applied this to treating Candida? In a nut shell the concept is if your body is acidic (low Ph)it creates a suitable environment for Candida, parasites, bacteria, etc. Making your body more alkaline would supposedly counter this and increase oxygen and lead to a less friendly environment for fungus, bacteria, etc.

Common way to tell your Ph (1-14) is by peeing on a Ph strip. 7.0 is normal ph.
    You can buy strips from any drug store.

Some “common ways” to alkalize is supposedly ->
    -Lemon/Lime juice
    -Consume small amounts of baking soda
    -Eating celery and other vegetables

I have not put much thought into it but it seems there is a lot of information on this. Anybody have any luck with this??????????

thanks.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve heard that creating alkalinity in the body is good for the immune system, and our immunity certainly needs all the help it can get. I’ve read a bit about it, and most of the suggestions (lemon water, eating lots of vegetables, reducing “acid-producing” foods like meat and sugar, etc) seem like generally sound advice anyway, and are incorporated into the candida diet.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Yes u want to b more alkaline lemon water is great, I drink it all day long , another supplement that I hears works is food grade hydrogen peroxide and for the same reason, the oxygen kills the yeast

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

You have it backwards. Candida loves an alkaline environment.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Lactic acid bacteria is what you want in your gut.
    It makes an acidic environment.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I see there is an article on this very subject on the site.

Candida and Alkaline

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

We’ve probably been through this discussion at least a dozen times on the forum in the past. Below is one of my posts concerning the alkaline and acidic nature of the body in connection with a Candida infestation.

Posted in March, 2012

”Some of you have discussed the pH balance of your body and its effect on your infestation.
    The pH balance of the rest of your body takes care of itself unless you do something drastic in an attempt to change it so I’m not concerned with that. But I want you to cure your infestation as much as you do, and in order to do this, you’ll have to do what is necessary to allow your intestines to develop an acidic pH environment. The reason this is necessary is because an alkaline environment in your intestines will turn the Candida growth gene on and therefore convert the benign Candida into an aggressive, pathogenic fungal form that we know as Candida albicans. This is why you have your infestation, and until you reverse the situation, you’ll have to continue to deal with the infestation. Yes, it really is that simple.

In order to change the environment of your intestines from alkaline to acidic, you’ll have to rebuild the population of the flora in your intestines; there’s simply no other way to come to a complete cure without this taking place. If you wonder how this is accomplished, consider that the bacteria are referred to as “lactic acid bacteria.” But this change won’t happen overnight, especially if you continue to feed the Candida the food sources on which they can continue to exist, because this will only increase their population, and the increasing population of the fungus will continue to take over the intestines, becoming more and more alkalized and prevent the beneficial flora from growing and thriving.

This is the reason that we recommend kefir, Greek yogurt, and high doses of quality probiotics during the treatment, and it’s also the reason we have a specific diet to follow.”

Able

hope4eva77

ok yeah i did not know that so u want more acid k ,this means tomato should be good then right ?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

hope4eva77;32868 wrote: ok yeah i did not know that so u want more acid k ,this means tomato should be good then right ?

No, Hope, tomatoes are not on the diet because of the sugar content. You don’t need to change the diet from the way it’s written to try and add acidic foods. Like I’ve already explained, that’s what the probiotics are for as well as the kefir and Greek yogurt. The three of these will do the job if they’re used correctly.

Able

hope4eva77

ok

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Candida and body alkalinity’ is closed to new replies.