Candida and arthritis, plus help with a Candida test

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and arthritis, plus help with a Candida test

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MPSturrock
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi guys,

I have recently been diagnosed with advanced arthritis in pretty much all my joints. It’s incredibly painful and has taken me from being a very fit and independent 33 year old to a bed-ridden cripple who can only type on a keyboard using pencils.

The Drs seem to have no idea what is causing it and are simply prescribing me painkillers which is as good as giving up. Painkillers are only going to get stronger as the years go on and my joints become more and more damaged. I’m really clutching at straws here, but is there any possibility that this could be Candida related? Maybe a fungal infection?

I have had a number of digestive, fungal and autoimmune problems over the years. In addition, a few years back I suffered for over a year with a rash all over my body which, again, the doctors couldn’t explain. It was while researching this that I discovered Candida. In the end I tried the Candida diet and the rash went away, but since it was pretty much an exclusionary diet, I might have just been removing some unknown allergen.

Is it worth me getting a Candida test – given that I have very little money – and if so, can anyone recommend a really well regarded, comprehensive company that does it in the UK?

I’ve so far found these two, but I’ve no idea what I’m really looking for:

http://www.camnutri.com/candida-p-33.html?detail=1&cPath=22&osCsid=v8udmsheusa7ri1t5ho755mog6

http://www.candidatest.co.uk/#kit1

Thanks in advance for any responses. Willing to try anything at this point.

Martin

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Unfortunately your problem goes beyond candida imo and is likely related to lifestyle, genetics, and a complex of health problems that are all inter-related.

One of the most likely things that is going on is your are dealing with acidosis which is from living an overly acidic lifestyle. If you consume coffee then this is exactly what I am talking about. Other acidic foods include dairy, alcohol, wheat, etc. Also a big part of this is mental as well, which is something that is not easy to reverse.

When you have acidosis you then have mineral loss and mineral absorption problems. I would consider getting into making bone broth soups and consuming this daily and it should help some of the symptoms and obtaining healthy levels of minerals. Additionally, if you have malabsorption, I would consider getting something like a nutribullet and making vegetable smoothies which will aid your digestion and allow you to absorb more nutrients. Uric acid deposits by themselves can cause malabsoprtion as well.

If your gut is inflamed then this also can cause malabsorption problems and thus mineral deficiencies.

As far as candida testing is concerned, I would try to find a candida immune-complex test which determines whether you are allergic to candida or not. This is basically the only viable diagnosis. The iga/igg tests tell you different information and often have inconclusive results. A good allergist can test for candida allergy and know how to get this test. If you are allergic to candida this means you are not fighting it and immune system is suppressed. You could then potentially take candida hypo-sensitization shots which elevate your immune system response to fight yeast. But this likely won’t solve your underlying condition and problems and a good naturopath would have to help with this.

-raster

MPSturrock
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the response, Raster.

I went to a couple of naturopaths during my rash phase. One made me hold two electrodes for several minutes and then said, ‘yep, you have serious candida problems’ – I have no idea how this would work, if at all – and the other knew almost nothing about Candida. It’s very hard to tell from a person’s website, what they will be good at and so I’m kind of leery of trying again.

In the end they both could only give me some dietary advice and honestly I think my diet and lifestyle are already pretty good. 8 veg and 4 fruit a day – similar to Japan’s recommendation – no alcohol, no processed foods, no junk food, no dairy, no wheat. Lots of nuts, seeds and pulses, fruit teas and homemade citrus juices only to drink, White meats only.

Never taken drugs, very active, but not excessively so, no family history of arthritis – parents are 70 and they just ran a marathon. I had a full body scan two years ago that put my physical age at 19, and with this lifestyle I expected to be fit and active well into my 80’s – that’s why this condition has come as such a shocker.

Looking around online at people with similar symptoms, there are a lot that could get no answers, but there were a few who were claiming complete success with that whole Thailand purge thing. That’s where you do two weeks of intense antibiotics, two weeks of anti-fungal and finally two weeks of pesticide medication.

As someone who avoids drugs if at all possible, this sounds horrendous, but I’m so desperate at this point that I might actually give in and go through with it. At the same time, it got me to wondering if there might be something behind the technique, like maybe the cause is some kind of systemic infection – bacterial or fungal. Honestly don’t know, but I’ll keep looking for answers as long as I can still operate a mouse.

Martin

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not take antibiotics and it sounds like one of those mythical tales of the internet.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

The electrode thingy is a myth. It is impossible to tell anything about the inner condition of the body by just holding two electrodes – both theoretically and in practice, this is utter nonsense.

The Thailand purge method might be used as a very last resort for serious cases of Lyme’s disease. For all other purposes, it’s nonsense.

Rabelais

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Candida and arthritis, plus help with a Candida test’ is closed to new replies.