Candida and an iron rich environment

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and an iron rich environment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

I’ve mentioned before that I have an iron deficiency and that, before starting the diet, I was on a liquid iron supplement. (still think that the ‘new’ iron deficiency is related to the candida) I was humming and hawing about whether I should restart, and I think the answer seems to be no. I know that the ethanol prohibits absorption of iron, but I was not aware that candida thrives from iron consumption.

http://www.southwesternontariocolonics.com/oasis-centre-for-colon-therapy.html

My scalp tingle has come back and I’m wondering if it might be related to the amount of spinach that I’m consuming. It could also be the FiberSmart that I started to take. I moved quickly from one to three and may go higher.

Has anyone else seen an increase in symptoms from spinach? I’m going to remove it from my diet for the rest of the week and see what happens. Bummer. It’s so good.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

My last blood test showed that I have a slight iron deficiency so I started drinking the Nettle leaf tea which helps. It’s a good antioxidant as well so I figured two birds with one stone. I noticed that it doesn’t agree with me so I stopped. Could it be because of this?

None of the experts on the forum commented but I would like to know if this is possible and if I should drink nettle leaf tea or not.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

BlueSkies wrote: I’ve mentioned before that I have an iron deficiency and that, before starting the diet, I was on a liquid iron supplement. (still think that the ‘new’ iron deficiency is related to the candida) I was humming and hawing about whether I should restart, and I think the answer seems to be no. I know that the ethanol prohibits absorption of iron, but I was not aware that candida thrives from iron consumption.

http://www.southwesternontariocolonics.com/oasis-centre-for-colon-therapy.html

My scalp tingle has come back and I’m wondering if it might be related to the amount of spinach that I’m consuming. It could also be the FiberSmart that I started to take. I moved quickly from one to three and may go higher.

Has anyone else seen an increase in symptoms from spinach? I’m going to remove it from my diet for the rest of the week and see what happens. Bummer. It’s so good.

Thats interesting. Spinach is high on histamine. I have have a histamine over production and holding a anti histamine diet spinach is a no no for me. Itching, headaches, dizzyness etc are signs for too much histamine too. So it is quite interesting what you noticed. How do you react if you eat tomatoes, tuna fish, sardines and especial sauerkraut. If you too notice after you eat sauerkraut a reaction it is worse while to think a bit about histamine too.

yours
    thomas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Candida and an iron rich environment’ is closed to new replies.