Candida and Alcohol?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and Alcohol?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Landy360
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

So one of the symptoms i have from my candida is that i stay hungover form alcohol for about 2 to 3 days. Does anyone else experience this? Also my eyes are ALWAYS heave and very baggy.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Landy360 wrote: So one of the symptoms i have from my candida is that i stay hungover form alcohol for about 2 to 3 days. Does anyone else experience this? Also my eyes are ALWAYS heave and very baggy.

You should consider stopping alcohol until your symptom free

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hmmm…I don’t understand why you are drinking alcohol while you are trying to combat this sucker. Drinking damages your liver which is one of the most important organs in the body. The liver is like the floodgates that hold back and release the toxins in the body, and if you are hungover this long, it means that your liver is ailing and that you have slight liver damage.

I’d get your liver enzymes tested to see if you have elevated levels.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Landy360 wrote: So one of the symptoms i have from my candida is that i stay hungover form alcohol for about 2 to 3 days. Does anyone else experience this? Also my eyes are ALWAYS heave and very baggy.

Your post is a little confusing. If you’re speaking of drinking alcohol and having a worse than normal hangover, it’s probably due to the extra alcohol-like toxins in your body stemming from the Candida to which you’re adding even more alcohol, so of course the hangovers would be worse than normal.
    If you’re speaking of a Candida or treatment symptom which resembles a hangover, then again, this is stemming from the toxins which the Candida, both living and dying, are releasing in your body.

By the way, you won’t cure your infestation if you’re actually drinking alcohol during your treatment.

Able

Landy360

Sorry if that was a little confusing. I don’t drink alcohol anymore. That was just one of my main symptoms when i found out i did have candida. And slowly over time it got to the point where i felt hungover everyday. I was seeing if anyone else had the same symptoms. I’m making sure im not mistaking candida for some liver failure symptoms or anything.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I had that too: brain fog, tired eyes, tired in general.
    After I gve up drinking (before I started the candida diet), the hang-over feelings continued.

When I started following the stricter diet, the brain fog and other symptoms went away.
    Give it a try.

I feel about 80%=90% beter now.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Landy360 wrote: I’m making sure im not mistaking candida for some liver failure symptoms or anything.

Have you been tested for fatty liver and other potential problems? Have you developed other issues like hypoglycaemia? I’d follow up on these things before restricting your diet too much. I wouldn’t recommend fasting if you’re unsure about your liver either.

Landy360

Javizy wrote:

I’m making sure im not mistaking candida for some liver failure symptoms or anything.

Have you been tested for fatty liver and other potential problems? Have you developed other issues like hypoglycaemia? I’d follow up on these things before restricting your diet too much. I wouldn’t recommend fasting if you’re unsure about your liver either.

Well i’ve been fasting for awhile now seeing that i’ve been on the diet for a about 5 months now give or take. And yeah its been hell i’m always hungry to the point where i get weak if i dont eat. i have to eat all the time because after i eat anything thats allowed, i get hungry within an hour again or two again. And i’m scared to go to the doctor again because last time they basically shoo’d me away when i tolod him my symptoms and was convinced that i “had depression or anxiety.”

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Landy360 wrote: Well i’ve been fasting for awhile now seeing that i’ve been on the diet for a about 5 months now give or take. And yeah its been hell i’m always hungry to the point where i get weak if i dont eat. i have to eat all the time because after i eat anything thats allowed, i get hungry within an hour again or two again. And i’m scared to go to the doctor again because last time they basically shoo’d me away when i tolod him my symptoms and was convinced that i “had depression or anxiety.”

What’s your diet like? The hunger could simply be a lack of calories, or a drop in blood sugar or both. Drops in blood sugar could have a few causes. If your liver is in bad shape, it might be struggling to store enough glucose to fuel you between meals. Do you feel anxious a lot? Once the glucose runs out, your body pumps out stress hormones to create more from protein. Have you been losing any muscle mass?

The make-up of your meals could be another issue. For example, egg protein is very insulinogenic. Insulin leads to a drop in blood sugar, so balancing it with carbs can help. Getting sound sleep can help the liver recover, but it’s also hard to sleep soundly when you don’t store glycogen well, since you can get adrenaline rushes. If you do eat carbs, some close to bedtime with a bit of fat might help support your liver as far into the night as possible.

It’s vital to address these problems, because hypoglycaemia is much more a cause of infections and other health problems than the foods you’re avoiding. It could simply be a case of getting enough calories and nutrients, but if your liver is struggling with low-carb, you may need to start supporting it. I should also point out that I’m not much of an expert on this stuff. I’m really just encouraging you to research and experiment and find what you respond well to.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Landy,

It sounds like you are not eating enough food (try to eat 3-4 course meals if possible) and are not snacking enough between meals (celery is perfect for blood sugar problems). Also, if you have leaky gut, your body isn’t absorbing as much energy from the food you eat, and thus you aren’t getting enough energy to function. Healing leaky gut and the intestines can remedy this as well as chewing your food more (try to chew your food 30+ times per each bite, this will increase the surface area of the food you eat to allow greater absorbtion).

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Candida and Alcohol?’ is closed to new replies.