Candida and a social life

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida and a social life

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Positivo 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hi jo

I still haven’t coped with hangout with friends but studying yes. Last semester I struggled but still aced all my classes and now I’m taking online classes because I decided to do something about candida and I know it would be rough at first. I don’t think I’m ready to enjoy my social life. I would like to first feel no symptoms which I feel I’m close to achieving especially since I just corrected a mistake I was making. When I can start reintroducing foods then I might feel confident enough to eat out. I feel like its too early for me but I’m ok with that. I know I’ll have my time to shine. In the mean time I’m knocking out all of my school responsibilitys and I’ll be graduating in June 2013 with a bachelors degree in criminal justice/police studies. Although this experience makes me wanna study nutrition and actually be one of the few people that recognize candida. Thank you for responding. I appreciate everyone’s experience and opinion here. I’m happy that you are able to enjoy things while on the diet. Good luck.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Positivo,
    I understand where you are coming from. I am 25 and wish I could do more things, but my body holds me back. I think the hardest thing is when you want to do something and you can’t because your body wont let you. I think the main thing is loving yourself through it. It is not in your control if you are feeling poorly. Understanding that this wont always be the case for you, that one day you will be better. Knowing that you are not alone, we are also experiencing things like this and even if someone on here has not dealt with exactly what you have, God understands. He is always with you experiencing what you are going through. I would say try to do things with friends and family members when you feel up to it and if for some reason you can’t don’t beat yourself up. I know this is harder said then done. For me personally praying and reading my Bible have helped me most. Stay strong! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lots of love,
    Lauren

nabs2805
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

Im 21 aswell, believe me you not alone, only thing i havent yet started the diet, i always try but then i feel so out of place and i just end up giving up 🙁 But im going to start it again, just this time im putting in my all, im hoping to get my will power and self esteem up, it kinda makes it difficult for me living with a family who thinks that all this is all in my head. Ive got a mother who constantly fights with me about eating different, thats why i kind of fail at attempting the diet aswell.

As for my friends, they more supportive…they poke jokes at me at times about this whole journey i keep going on and keep on getting off. You people have really been inspiration and I feel like i can tackle this 🙂 Wish me luck

Positivo

nabs2805 wrote: Im 21 aswell, believe me you not alone, only thing i havent yet started the diet, i always try but then i feel so out of place and i just end up giving up 🙁 But im going to start it again, just this time im putting in my all, im hoping to get my will power and self esteem up, it kinda makes it difficult for me living with a family who thinks that all this is all in my head. Ive got a mother who constantly fights with me about eating different, thats why i kind of fail at attempting the diet aswell.

As for my friends, they more supportive…they poke jokes at me at times about this whole journey i keep going on and keep on getting off. You people have really been inspiration and I feel like i can tackle this 🙂 Wish me luck

Yea my mom pressures me too. As well as everyone else in my family I have been offered all kinds of food especially cake from all the birthdays in my family but I always say nope and watch them stuff their faces. I used to get so pissed because it feels disrespectful when ppl know your trying hard to improve your health through diet and they know this and still constantly offer you stuff like cake but you gotta understands your goals it’s not about them. Good luck.

gilmore_girl
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I know exactly how you feel, Im also a 21 year old uni student and I find it sooooo difficult being on such a restrictive diet. I hate feeling like the odd one out whenever I have lunch with my friends and usually give in to the bad eating habits of those around me because of it, which I know is really bad but I’ve been suffering with this issue for the past 5 years and I just get really sick of it sometimes. When I do try to eat better it usually only lasts about a week until I just cant be bothered anymore, its so frustrating!

Positivo

gilmore_girl wrote: I know exactly how you feel, Im also a 21 year old uni student and I find it sooooo difficult being on such a restrictive diet. I hate feeling like the odd one out whenever I have lunch with my friends and usually give in to the bad eating habits of those around me because of it, which I know is really bad but I’ve been suffering with this issue for the past 5 years and I just get really sick of it sometimes. When I do try to eat better it usually only lasts about a week until I just cant be bothered anymore, its so frustrating!

Yea I don’t have a social life right now. I get invited to do things all the time but I know there’s going to be food and alcohol involved so I say no. I rather deal with ths now and enjoy a social life later. One of the many sacrifices I guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Candida and a social life’ is closed to new replies.