Can you take Vit A from a dropper?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can you take Vit A from a dropper?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

I’m ordering my A&D vitamin, but they don’t have one together right now. But they do have Vit A in dropper form, but it’s stronger and it comes with a little bit of vit E in it? Is this okay?

Also the only vitamin D they have is D3. I already have a D3. Is there a difference between D and D3?

Aiyiyi, thanks for the help guys! πŸ™‚

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Droplets can be absorbed well through the skin in areas with little fat. I’ve never tried them, but if it’s stronger, you’ll want to use it less often

You want vitamin D to raise your 25(OH)D levels, and D3 has been shown to do this the best. Supplementing D2 is unnecessary as long as you have enough D3. I think the only way to acquire D2 is from mushrooms, whereas you get D3 from sunlight, oily fish, eggs and dairy.

Faith

Okay, so I’ll order the dropper Vitamin A and get the vitamin D3 in the gel capsule. It’s okay to be in a gel capsule and not a “soft gel” right? I think I got that confused?

Just to make sure I’m taking it right when I get it, I would just have to take the Vit A droppers with the D3 capsule, along with some kind of oil, only once in the day right? Like in the morning?

Thank you!!!!! πŸ™‚

Javizy

Faith wrote: Okay, so I’ll order the dropper Vitamin A and get the vitamin D3 in the gel capsule. It’s okay to be in a gel capsule and not a “soft gel” right? I think I got that confused?

Just to make sure I’m taking it right when I get it, I would just have to take the Vit A droppers with the D3 capsule, along with some kind of oil, only once in the day right? Like in the morning?

Aren’t soft gels and gel caps the same thing? Can’t you find a gel cap with vitamin A? It’s probably easier and more reliable than drops. If you can’t, cod liver oil is a good source. It has the vitamin A you need, and a little vitamin D3 which can be topped up with a separate supplement. It also has a small amount of omega-3 fats. Taking them with oil should help them be absorbed, yeah.

Faith

Well soft gels have the “oil” inside the gel cap. Gel capsule from my understanding are those clear capsuls with the powder inside. Right?
    The vit A&D combos I found came in soybean oil as the first ing. that’s why I didn’t get them.
    But this one place does have it in cod oil. Maybe I should wait to get it together and not get the droppers then?
    Take cod liver oil?!!! Man…isn’t that like what they made kids take when they got in trouble in the movies? Yuck! I can barely take the coconut oil as it is!!! Have mercy on me!!!!! πŸ˜‰

πŸ™‚

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One of the problems with vitamins A and D is its hard to get them in the right ratio so it doesn’t throw your body out of whack. Thats why its good to get a natural source of vitamins A and D which has them in the correct ratios (4:1). A great source of vitamins A and D is fermented cod liver oil which not only is anti-inflammatory, but it also (supposedly) destroys biofilms, and has prebiotic properties. There is only one brand that creates them in the correct ratio and it is the blue ice royal brand.

Just thought I’d mention it!

-raster

Faith

WHAT?!! Man, I thought this was going to be easy? How hard could it be?

Blue Ice? That is $30 a bottle!! Man!!! So if I get the other one how does it throw your body off?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s an article about the subject:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/03/16/warning-new-proof-confirms-if-you-take-this-supplement-vitamin-d-will-not-work-as-well.aspx

A few tidbits:

“Unfortunately, we do not yet know the optimal ratios between these two vitamins, but it is clear that nearly all cod liver oil products supply them in levels that do not appear to be ideal.”

“However, as I began reviewing the latest research, I realized there was compelling evidence that the ratios of these two vitamins may be of paramount importance in order to extract optimal health benefits. And this latest study appears to confirm that theory.

It’s important to understand that vitamin A is essential for your immune system and a precursor to active hormones that regulate the expression of your genes just like vitamin D, and the two work in tandem.

For example, there is evidence that without vitamin D, vitamin A can be ineffective or even toxic. But if you’re deficient in vitamin A, vitamin D cannot function properly either.

So proper balance of these two vitamins is essential. Too much or too little of either may create negative consequences.”

So based on this article, you get confused even more! No one knows the correct ratio of these two vitamins? Why does my naturopath know (supposedly) the correct ratio?

-raster

Javizy

This guy says the same thing about retinol (vitamin A supplements), but also says vitamin D3 is safe http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news-archive/2008/proper-vitamin-dvitamin-a-ratio/

I don’t think there’s an established ideal ratio and vitamin K is involved in the balance too, so it is pretty complicated. There’s a lot of info in this article http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/2010/12/16/is-vitamin-d-safe-still-depends-on-vitamins-a-and-k-testimonials-and-a-human-study/

I think I was taking way too much at one point because I was having 2 cod liver oil caps and a separate vitamin A supplement. It’s worth doing a bit of background reading to avoid silly mistakes like that. If you don’t want to take retinol, you could try eating beef/lamb liver once a week and lots of veggies. Liver contains a lot of other good nutrients too. It’s kind of like a “supplement” food.

Faith

Haaaa!! Yeah, great, thanks Raster for siking me out even more now!! πŸ™‚ My hair is really going to fall out!!! πŸ˜‰

Thanks for checking for me! Well, I didn’t get the dropper, I got the pill one, so hopefully that will be better! I’d much rather have less to deal with on my growing list! πŸ™‚

I appreciate you’re getting back to me! πŸ™‚

You’re sweet! πŸ™‚

Faith

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

raster;23878 wrote: One of the problems with vitamins A and D is its hard to get them in the right ratio so it doesn’t throw your body out of whack. Thats why its good to get a natural source of vitamins A and D which has them in the correct ratios (4:1). A great source of vitamins A and D is fermented cod liver oil which not only is anti-inflammatory, but it also (supposedly) destroys biofilms, and has prebiotic properties. There is only one brand that creates them in the correct ratio and it is the blue ice royal brand.

Just thought I’d mention it!

-raster

Can you link to where it can be purchased? I can only find it with Butter Oil and it does not even list the ratio. I assume it has the ratio of 5000/400 A to D mentioned in the protocol?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you take Vit A from a dropper?’ is closed to new replies.