Can you help me understand the reality of this diagnosis?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can you help me understand the reality of this diagnosis?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I have been reading all day/night trying to get a bead on whats happening to me, and why,as someone who has an awesome diet, I keep having massive attacks.

I get it when someone has a SAD diet (standard american diet) and they suffer after antibiotics.
    I see the cause and effect.

None of this is making sense to me as to why I should get hit so hard lately
    ( my diet is entirely fruits and veggies and greens, almost no overt fats, occasional quinoa and potatoes and rice,beans, lots of garlic and fresh herbs).

So xmas I have a few cookies and a few days later after one banana I feel like im dying and my thoughts are morbid and scary. Like the worst hangover ever. Still drunk. Vision blurry.

After all my reading, im beginning to understand that there is no cure.
    This is the way life is going to be from now on.

Is this accurate?

Does anyone get back to normal?

Can anyone go back to eating occasional cookies and fruit again without a reaction?

I thought candida was something that was found normally in everyone’s body, and that in our case there is an imbalance and an over-growth. That its OK to have some candida in there.
    Why does it keep getting out of control?

Is the candida diet FOREVER?

nida2192
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I havent had candida for years like some people, but from what ive read (and ive read a lot) it doesnt have to be forever. Even people who eat a standard american diet can be cured with antifungal supplements and liver supporting supplements…apparently.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I eat tons of junk occasionally like during the holidays. Its been 2.5 years for me fighting this and I am basically symptom free and have been for the last year. It takes a lot of time to get better and I tell most people to plan on a 6-18 month recovery.

I also have started to get anxiety lately from smoking pot only. I just have to quit smoking it. But what helps me when I do smoke it is flax oil, and I highly recommend checking it out. What you need to do to get over your mental problems is to heal the brain with fatty oils. Examples include omega oils, fermented cod liver oil, etc. You also need to detox the toxins as much as possible.

The candida toxins are messing you up right now and you have to get them out of the body at all costs. You liver is not working at its optimum ability and you simply have to detox to feel better.

I recommend a strict diet, specific supplements, and detox supplements to get better. Maybe take a break from antifungals if you can for a period of time.

Check out this post about detoxing:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Raster makes a good point! I have been battling this all year. I am still suffering. My partner doesn’t think I treat myself to much other foods at times. However, I can tell you this, I feel better than I did last year thru digestive enzymes and diet. I have treated myself at times to just small amount of things. Like last night, I did treat myself to a small amount of puppy chow. I still get a lot of anxiety, and I know part of my problem is my gastroparesis, too. Plus, I have no colon. At first, I met with a doctor last year and started on a cleanse and changing my diet at the beginning of the year. Then, things got haywire, tried treating myself, and this doctor left the area. I decided to consult raster’s nd, and I had my 1st consult with him in late May.

Currently, I think I might take a break from antifungals, etc. Not sure, have to consult the nd this month, but doing too much too fast (which I tend to do) can make you feel bad. It is frustrating; however, about every couple months, it seems I give in and have some drinks (alcohol). That is my one weakness, which I’m sure prevents me from getting 10x better. I really need to give it up for several months. I can tell you this, when I have done it now a couple times since June, I haven’t fallen as hard, gassy, etc. I know the nd’s goal is hopefully by this Christmas I can finally start treating myself more.

However, I really do like eating more greens than I used to! I feel bad if I don’t! Sure, I still want treats, and I surely would like to have more fruit. I really miss eating some fruits. I have ate bites here and there, or I have dried my own fruit to make sure not to get the extra sugar. Just keep plugging along, and I just wanted to say I hear ya!

Vegan Catlady

raster;52381 wrote: I eat tons of junk occasionally like during the holidays. Its been 2.5 years for me fighting this and I am basically symptom free and have been for the last year. It takes a lot of time to get better and I tell most people to plan on a 6-18 month recovery.

I also have started to get anxiety lately from smoking pot only. I just have to quit smoking it. But what helps me when I do smoke it is flax oil, and I highly recommend checking it out. What you need to do to get over your mental problems is to heal the brain with fatty oils. Examples include omega oils, fermented cod liver oil, etc. You also need to detox the toxins as much as possible.

The candida toxins are messing you up right now and you have to get them out of the body at all costs. You liver is not working at its optimum ability and you simply have to detox to feel better.

I recommend a strict diet, specific supplements, and detox supplements to get better. Maybe take a break from antifungals if you can for a period of time.

Check out this post about detoxing:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

Thank you raster, your thread/posts have been extremely helpful and hopeful…and I have made notes based on your thread and supplements. It was so helpful.

Looking back on my life now, many years ago I quit smoking pot because I had severe anxiety attacks connected with it, when I never had a problem with it before that…
    a body chemistry change must have happened to flip that switch I think.

Vegan Catlady

kjones02;52383 wrote: Raster makes a good point! I have been battling this all year. I am still suffering. My partner doesn’t think I treat myself to much other foods at times. However, I can tell you this, I feel better than I did last year thru digestive enzymes and diet. I have treated myself at times to just small amount of things. Like last night, I did treat myself to a small amount of puppy chow. I still get a lot of anxiety, and I know part of my problem is my gastroparesis, too. Plus, I have no colon. At first, I met with a doctor last year and started on a cleanse and changing my diet at the beginning of the year. Then, things got haywire, tried treating myself, and this doctor left the area. I decided to consult raster’s nd, and I had my 1st consult with him in late May.

Currently, I think I might take a break from antifungals, etc. Not sure, have to consult the nd this month, but doing too much too fast (which I tend to do) can make you feel bad. It is frustrating; however, about every couple months, it seems I give in and have some drinks (alcohol). That is my one weakness, which I’m sure prevents me from getting 10x better. I really need to give it up for several months. I can tell you this, when I have done it now a couple times since June, I haven’t fallen as hard, gassy, etc. I know the nd’s goal is hopefully by this Christmas I can finally start treating myself more.

However, I really do like eating more greens than I used to! I feel bad if I don’t! Sure, I still want treats, and I surely would like to have more fruit. I really miss eating some fruits. I have ate bites here and there, or I have dried my own fruit to make sure not to get the extra sugar. Just keep plugging along, and I just wanted to say I hear ya!

WONDERFUL that you can see raster’s nd !!!
    I look forward to hearing your progress on that !

Im an extremist. If im handed a diet to follow, im dead-on 100% on it,no mistakes,so this logically shouldnt take so long as years…but I see that it does.

My diet prior to this was no sugar, whole fruits and veggies and I live on greens, they are my staple. I do smoothies and only do whole foods (unprocessed).
    This SHOULDNT BE HAPPENING TO ME WITH MY DIET, suddenly, with my only provocation being a few cookies on xmas and crackers and 1 banana the next day.
    Doesnt make sense.
    Esp since my antibiotic disaster was 3 years ago, and this is only happening to me now!
    Doesnt make sense.

Between you and I , I think the candida rewards us for bad behaviour by laying low ….
    I used to be a bartender for 18+ years. I know about drinking and hangovers, and I have NEVER had any of this happen to me when I was drinking regularly.
    So here I am, being all healthy, and it spanks me hard.

No fair.

Vegan Catlady

I just wanted to quickly state that I have been doing research for years on health and nutrition.
    With that said, the first thing that occurred to me when this started happening was that on my latest blood test (last april), my hemoglobin was on the lowest end.

My doctor said ” You are the first person in my history that has iron stores as low as you do without being anemic.”

That stuck in my head.
    She prescribed me iron, which I returned because I felt sick on it.

So then I read that Yeast/Candida hates an oxygen-rich environment.
    Hemoglobin is what oxygenates our blood.

WHAT IF…. my hemoglobin is very low now?
    WHAT IF… the reason this is happening without much provocation is that my blood,being low on oxygen, is helping or encouraging this?

Maybe it has nothing to do with it…but im going to talk to my doctor about it in a few days.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Vegan Catlady;52372 wrote: I have been reading all day/night trying to get a bead on whats happening to me, and why,as someone who has an awesome diet, I keep having massive attacks.

I get it when someone has a SAD diet (standard american diet) and they suffer after antibiotics.
    I see the cause and effect.

None of this is making sense to me as to why I should get hit so hard lately
    ( my diet is entirely fruits and veggies and greens, almost no overt fats, occasional quinoa and potatoes and rice,beans, lots of garlic and fresh herbs).

So xmas I have a few cookies and a few days later after one banana I feel like im dying and my thoughts are morbid and scary. Like the worst hangover ever. Still drunk. Vision blurry.

After all my reading, im beginning to understand that there is no cure.
    This is the way life is going to be from now on.

Is this accurate?

Does anyone get back to normal?

Can anyone go back to eating occasional cookies and fruit again without a reaction?

I thought candida was something that was found normally in everyone’s body, and that in our case there is an imbalance and an over-growth. That its OK to have some candida in there.
    Why does it keep getting out of control?

Is the candida diet FOREVER?

The diet you describe isn’t an anticandida diet. A healthy diet isn’t necessary an anticandida diet. Chronic mucosal yeast overgrowth is associated to immune deficiencies. What are you doing to identify why your immune system is allowing yeast colonization on your tissues ??

A yeast overgrowth is absolutely curable, at least you have an intrinsic immune defect that impedes it. Mostly, the immune deficiency candida sufferers have is acquired and reversible.

Your actual diet won’t favor your progress.

The web is FULL of myths about this syndrome. I will say that most of the information you find in candida dedicated websites is wrong. It doesn’t help those who needs to find a path to be candida free.

Jorge.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm24948_Understanding-Candida-Related-Complex.aspx#post24948

dvjorge
    Participant

The common scenery you find with this chronic syndrome is people taking antifungal substances and following anticandida diets for months and years without doing anything to identify or correct the immune deficiency that allows candida to be present.

That is the reason because you read it can not be cured. Yes, it can not be cured until the immune deficiency be corrected. You can reduce candida colonies taking antifungals and following an strict diet but one time you release it, the fungus begin to growth again. It is a PROPER immune response what holds the fungus growing on our mucosal areas.

The focus must be immune restoration even when this includes a drastic candida elimination from the infected areas.

Correcting the immune system, there isn’t chance for candida of growing again even if you eat a ton of sugar. This is the way “normal” people live.

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady

dvjorge;52400 wrote:

The diet you describe isn’t an anticandida diet. A healthy diet isn’t necessary an anticandida diet. Chronic mucosal yeast overgrowth is associated to immune deficiencies. What are you doing to identify why your immune system is allowing yeast colonization on your tissues ??

A yeast overgrowth is absolutely curable, at least you have an intrinsic immune defect that impedes it. Mostly, the immune deficiency candida sufferers have is acquired and reversible.

The web is FULL of myths about this syndrome. I will say that most of the information you find in candida dedicated websites is wrong. It doesn’t help those who needs to find a path to be candida free.

Jorge.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm24948_Understanding-Candida-Related-Complex.aspx#post24948

Agreed Jorge!

My frustration is that the diet I described was my diet BEFORE realizing I have candida….not a candida diet….was NOT so terrible that a normal system would go haywire and get an overgrowth.
    Makes zero sense!

Maybe you can help me with this, as I am going to post a new thread on it soon:
    Tullio Simoncini says the opposite of what is presented on THIS website, unless I have misunderstood something-
    found on a talk with him-
    ” usually in ~1 week. Cancer & fungi cannot survive in an oxygenated and alkalized environment. Oral intake of sodium bicarbonate offers an instant and powerful boost of blood pH into the alkaline. One teaspoon can raise the pH to around ~7.4. Maintaining a pH of ~7.4 effectively neutralizes the ability of cancers to grow and reproduce. Molasses acts as a kind of Trojan horse for the baking soda. Candida and cancer infestations will attempt to ingest the sugar rich Molasses as they do any sugar, except the oxygenating and alkalizing qualities of baking soda are taken in with the Molasses, effectively neutralizing the infestation at its very source. This is a natural and completely safe and effective kind of chemotherapy.”

THIS website says:
    “Candida overgrowth relies on increased alkalinity in your intestines. It needs neutral or alkaline conditions to switch to its fungal form. This is why acid-producing probiotics like acidophilus are so effective at slowing and even reversing the overgrowth, and why caprylic acid is an effective antifungal. Your digestive system has evolved with a naturally acidic environment that protects us against pathogens like Candida, so when you begin your Candida treatment plan you need to maintain that acidity.”

I see BOTH perceptions as being played out in my situation.
    My diet is very alkaline now (lots of greens and fruit) so I can see where yeast would grow IF its needs alkalinity…BUT I also have seen this alkalinity FIX so many things wrong with me since I came from a very acidic diet in the past ( high protein,high dairy ).
    Its when I eat acidifying foods like crackers and sugary treats and bananas that I get so sick, so how can acidifying be the answer?

My immune system as far as I know is great-
    no illness in over a year, I heal after injury fast, and with a 94 yr old grandma and kids in the house always catching stuff…im not catching it too.
    My energy is over the top-
    I never suffer from fatigue. Its the only symptom that does not resonate with this disease so far.

So I am presenting a situation that requires a deal of investigation on my part…
    since I don seem to fit a common candida profile.

BTW your awesome Jorge, I have read many posts here by you.
    I look forward to your insight.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to list what your strict diet is like because this is a major part of what you are doing…if you are eating bananas then this isn’t a candida diet.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

“The most important task CRC sufferes have is to eliminate the fungal overgrowth that is present inside the intestines and other mucosal areas. When this is achieved, the rest of the problems may resolve automatically and the symptoms disappear. It will take time for the immune system to reactivate against candida according to candida pioneer MDs.”

Awesome post.
    Gave me hope.

dvjorge
    Participant

Vegan Catlady;52403 wrote:

Jorge.

Agreed Jorge!

My frustration is that the diet I described was my diet BEFORE realizing I have candida….not a candida diet….was NOT so terrible that a normal system would go haywire and get an overgrowth.
    Makes zero sense!

Maybe you can help me with this, as I am going to post a new thread on it soon:
    Tullio Simoncini says the opposite of what is presented on THIS website, unless I have misunderstood something-
    found on a talk with him-
    ” usually in ~1 week. Cancer & fungi cannot survive in an oxygenated and alkalized environment. Oral intake of sodium bicarbonate offers an instant and powerful boost of blood pH into the alkaline. One teaspoon can raise the pH to around ~7.4. Maintaining a pH of ~7.4 effectively neutralizes the ability of cancers to grow and reproduce. Molasses acts as a kind of Trojan horse for the baking soda. Candida and cancer infestations will attempt to ingest the sugar rich Molasses as they do any sugar, except the oxygenating and alkalizing qualities of baking soda are taken in with the Molasses, effectively neutralizing the infestation at its very source. This is a natural and completely safe and effective kind of chemotherapy.”

THIS website says:
    “Candida overgrowth relies on increased alkalinity in your intestines. It needs neutral or alkaline conditions to switch to its fungal form. This is why acid-producing probiotics like acidophilus are so effective at slowing and even reversing the overgrowth, and why caprylic acid is an effective antifungal. Your digestive system has evolved with a naturally acidic environment that protects us against pathogens like Candida, so when you begin your Candida treatment plan you need to maintain that acidity.”

I see BOTH perceptions as being played out in my situation.
    My diet is very alkaline now (lots of greens and fruit) so I can see where yeast would grow IF its needs alkalinity…BUT I also have seen this alkalinity FIX so many things wrong with me since I came from a very acidic diet in the past ( high protein,high dairy ).
    Its when I eat acidifying foods like crackers and sugary treats and bananas that I get so sick, so how can acidifying be the answer?

My immune system as far as I know is great-
    no illness in over a year, I heal after injury fast, and with a 94 yr old grandma and kids in the house always catching stuff…im not catching it too.
    My energy is over the top-
    I never suffer from fatigue. Its the only symptom that does not resonate with this disease so far.

So I am presenting a situation that requires a deal of investigation on my part…
    since I don seem to fit a common candida profile.

BTW your awesome Jorge, I have read many posts here by you.
    I look forward to your insight.

Thanks.!

Sodium Bicarbonate has antifungal activity not linked to its alkaline Ph. Yeast cells can live in a broad Ph range, including acid and alkaline. Don’t pay attention to it. Your problem isn’t a Ph unbalance neither you will eradicate it trying to change your intestinal Ph.
    Candida sufferers don’t catch common flu because they are Th2 over-active. This means your immune response is toward to an antibody production. This overactivity in the Th2 arm is protecting you against any extracellular intruder. However, their intracellular defenses are very low allowing candida to growth. A balanced immune system is necessary to protect us against all the health offenders. You need a Th1/Th2 balanced immune system. If any of these arms work chronically polarized, we are going to have health problems.

I hope this help.!

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady

raster;52404 wrote: You need to list what your strict diet is like because this is a major part of what you are doing…if you are eating bananas then this isn’t a candida diet.

-raster

Thank you raster for replying.

My usual diet is whole food fruits and veggies. Salads. fruit binges. Quinoa, cereal with unsweetened almond milk, beans,rice.

This is not the diet I am using to lessen my symptoms, this was the diet I had prior to the bigger attacks I have had.
    I dont usually eat junk in any form,sweet or starchy…not because of candida, but because its just my habit as of the last year and a half when I went vegan.
    No dairy. No eggs. No meat.

In a normal person, what Im eating doesnt cause attacks.
    I actually KNOW people who eat ONLY fruit! They have no candida attacks.

I made the mistake on the holidays of eating some crackers and a couple of cookies…then the next morning I ate a banana and had the worst attack i have EVER had.
    I wasnt trying to avoid candida….I never labeled my issue as such.

It wasnt until my last attack that I contacted my doctor for an appointment and im basically afraid to eat.

Since Monday, I have had 2 cups of coffee with coconut creamer, a few small salads with nothing but herbs on them, and 1 stirfry with no oil, just veggies and garlic.

Im scared to death to eat.
    I was so incapacitated ( I am a care-giver to a 94 yr old and have kids) that I couldnt drive or take care of my family, my partner had to take 2 days out of work to help me.
    I was drunk and had a very severe hangover-like day,but NO alcohol.

This is some scary stuff.

dvjorge
    Participant

Vegan Catlady;52405 wrote: “The most important task CRC sufferes have is to eliminate the fungal overgrowth that is present inside the intestines and other mucosal areas. When this is achieved, the rest of the problems may resolve automatically and the symptoms disappear. It will take time for the immune system to reactivate against candida according to candida pioneer MDs.”

Awesome post.
    Gave me hope.

Yes, but you need to be sure you don’t have any other immune suppression cause such as mercury toxicity. Candida Albicans cause enough immune paralyze to affect cell-mediated immunity negatively. Mercury also does it. Both causes are acquired and both can be corrected with proper treatment.

Happy New Year.!

Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Can you help me understand the reality of this diagnosis?’ is closed to new replies.