Can you eat nitate & nitrite free uncured turkey bacon?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can you eat nitate & nitrite free uncured turkey bacon?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DL453
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Trader Joe’s has an non-preserved, uncured Turkey Bacon that’s nitrate and nitrite free. Made of: turkey thighs, water, sea salt, raw sugar (although it has 0g sugar per serving), celery powder, paprika, onion powder, spice. Is this OK on the candida diet as it doesn’t appear to be on the list of foods not to eat.

I know the list on this website said no cured meats, but this bacon seems more like season turkey thighs pressed together. I like to have 2 slices with egg whites or organic eggs in the morning for breakfast (all mixed up with diced asparagus and diced tomatoes).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Occasionally its likely fine but I wouldn’t eat anything everyday on the diet. The main thing you need to worry about is whether the turkey is antibiotic and hormone free.

You should also see if you become more constipated afterwards because I certainly do after turkey. If you do become constipated then its not good for the diet.

-raster

DL453

the packaging claims that no hormones are used, unless the turkey is ill. as for hormones, my understanding is that you can’t give them hormones by law, so any claim of “no hormones” is just a sales pitch for people who don’t know.

as for not eating the same thing every day, what’s the reason behind that? Having similar breakfasts and snacks every day is a trademark or my life and this candida has been nagging me for over 6 months so I need to eliminate anything that will prolong it.

thanks for your response, btw!

DL453

above, I meant to start by saying “the packaging claims that no antibiotics are used, unless the turkey is ill”

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should rotate foods so the candida cannot adapt to what you are eating imho…

-raster

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

I cannot provide a source because I don’t remember where I read this, and I don’t have the time now to research –

but if I remember correctly, all other intestinal flora adapts to the food we eat within a few hours.

Candida may not be “just another form of intestinal flora”, but do you have any reference as to its adaptation speed?

(just asking, not arguing)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you eat nitate & nitrite free uncured turkey bacon?’ is closed to new replies.