Can you drink kefir before bed?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can you drink kefir before bed?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

FranzFan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 14

At the moment I’m taking a glass of kefir upon waking and before sleeping. Is this ok? I read that taking probiotics on an empty stomach is the best way, but wasn’t sure if kefir should be taken before sleeping..

Also, regarding how I make it, I am putting roughly 7 parts milk to 1 part kefir and fermenting for 24 hours. It has a fairly tangy/zesty taste to it after 24 hours, and is smooth and creamy, but not runny. Does this sound about right, or should I ferment for longer?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

FranzFan wrote: At the moment I’m taking a glass of kefir upon waking and before sleeping. Is this ok? I read that taking probiotics on an empty stomach is the best way, but wasn’t sure if kefir should be taken before sleeping..

It should be fine unless it bothers you in some way.

Also, regarding how I make it, I am putting roughly 7 parts milk to 1 part kefir and fermenting for 24 hours. It has a fairly tangy/zesty taste to it after 24 hours, and is smooth and creamy, but not runny. Does this sound about right, or should I ferment for longer?

Sounds good to me.

Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Can you drink kefir before bed?’ is closed to new replies.