Can we have rolled Oats?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can we have rolled Oats?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

M wrote: What’s the exact reason why oatmeal is not allowed? Too much starch? How is oat bran different from oatmeal? Would be interested if anyone could point that out.

Thanks.

Oat bran is just the outer layer of the grain which is a prebiotic (feeds the good bacteria you need – probiotic). I do believe that oatmeal is made out of the whole oats and it is questionable if the bran is left in there. So it might be just feeding candida and not prebiotics.

Arijana

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

i ate the organic rolled oats and did not have a problem with it. But i still ordered Oat bran. it just isnt here yet and i needed something different.

Doggiemama

Orka, I couldnt stand that buckwheat flour. thats the nastiest stuff i have ever tasted…next to Stevia. LOL

I found this recipe and I am going to try it as soon as i get the almond flour. I cant wait…

Simple Bread

2 ½ cups blanched almond flour (NOT Bob Red Mills)
    ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
    ½ teaspoon baking soda
    3 eggs
    1 tablespoon Stevia/xylitol
    ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar

In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
    In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add xylitol and vinegar
    Stir wet ingredients into dry
    Scoop batter into a well greased 6.5 x 4 inch baby loaf pan
    Bake at 300° for 45-55 minutes on bottom rack of oven; until a knife comes out clean
    Cool and serve
    Makes 1 loaf (about 12 slices)

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Doggiemama wrote: Orka, I couldnt stand that buckwheat flour. thats the nastiest stuff i have ever tasted…next to Stevia. LOL

I found this recipe and I am going to try it as soon as i get the almond flour. I cant wait…

Simple Bread

2 ½ cups blanched almond flour (NOT Bob Red Mills)
    ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
    ½ teaspoon baking soda
    3 eggs
    1 tablespoon Stevia/xylitol
    ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar

In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
    In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add xylitol and vinegar
    Stir wet ingredients into dry
    Scoop batter into a well greased 6.5 x 4 inch baby loaf pan
    Bake at 300° for 45-55 minutes on bottom rack of oven; until a knife comes out clean
    Cool and serve
    Makes 1 loaf (about 12 slices)

Hi DoggieMama,

I can’t stand buckwheat by itself either. I cooked the whole seeds as a rice replacement and almost threw up. And I am not really picky about food, usually. The bread recipe i gave you tastes pretty decent when you add oat bran flour to it. The one you posted sounds good as well, but I don’t have access to almond flour here so…

Good luck with your baking 🙂

Arijana

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

orka1998 wrote:

What’s the exact reason why oatmeal is not allowed? Too much starch? How is oat bran different from oatmeal? Would be interested if anyone could point that out.

Thanks.

Oat bran is just the outer layer of the grain which is a prebiotic (feeds the good bacteria you need – probiotic). I do believe that oatmeal is made out of the whole oats and it is questionable if the bran is left in there. So it might be just feeding candida and not prebiotics.

Arijana

Yes. Also, it contains too much sugar, it contains gluten, and oatmeal porridge is damp and heavy, not something you want with candida that likes a damp environment. I have tried it multiple times and never went well. Even with sugar free soymilk.

Doggiemama

Chris there isnt any sugar in the organic rolled oats. it has zero sugar…that is if your talking to me about rolled oats.

Orka..i seen some pics of the almond flour and i am really excited to try it. cant wait. if i dont like it..i will try the oat bran. i mixed buckwheat and coconut flour and it was still horrible. i didnt care for coconut but the buckwheat was god awful.

mk3
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

Is oat bran gluten-free? The Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran does not have the gluten-free symbol on it so that is what concerns me. I currently eat gluten-free oatmeal 2-3 times/week but it sounds like oat bran is a better choice while on a candida diet.

mk3
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

mk3 wrote: Is oat bran gluten-free? The Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran does not have the gluten-free symbol on it so that is what concerns me. I currently eat gluten-free oatmeal 2-3 times/week but it sounds like oat bran is a better choice while on a candida diet.

Anyone have an answer to my question above?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

mk3 wrote:

Is oat bran gluten-free? The Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran does not have the gluten-free symbol on it so that is what concerns me. I currently eat gluten-free oatmeal 2-3 times/week but it sounds like oat bran is a better choice while on a candida diet.

Anyone have an answer to my question above?
    You’ll have to check the pack. Some are but it depends how they’re produced. It’s a legal requirement to state gluten content on the pack.

Doggiemama

You can also look for rice bran. i ordered me some. They are saying its great too. low carbs as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Can we have rolled Oats?’ is closed to new replies.