Can we drink Water Kefir on the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Can we drink Water Kefir on the diet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,

Just wondering about water kefir. I been reseaarching it and it has sugar in it post fermentation. I have read on he forum that some people use it. my question is can we drink it?
    Miriam

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Miriam;35793 wrote: Just wondering about water kefir. I been reseaarching it and it has sugar in it post fermentation. I have read on he forum that some people use it. my question is can we drink it?

Yes, you absolutely can. In fact, it would be much more difficult to cure a Candida infestation without some type of kefir; milk, water, coconut, or goat’s milk will work.

Able

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Yes. Generally speaking water kefir is slightly less concentrated than milk kefir and therefore some individuals find they must consume more water kefir than they would milk kefir. However, due to water kefir’s water (rather than dairy) base and great taste when flavored, it is easy to consume larger amounts of water kefir.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

I bought some water kefir and made two batches, but didnt touch them in the end, as I tried a little sip and felt the sugar dancing on my tongue. I understand that the kefir is supposed to ferment the sugar over the 3-4 day period but I guess despite putting it in nice and cosy warm conditions it still was incredibly sweet and I felt myself having a mild reaction afterwards. Why would this be?

To summarise, for me Kefir is too dodgy and could potentially put me back to square one…please do someone say if I come across as a raving overly neurotic lunatic!
    Because im so reactive to everything and because I am making very slow and little progress this unfortunately has to be the way I have to do things.

JD

libmom
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Did you buy dehydrated kefir grains? If so, you should throw out the first few batches. It takes awhile for dehydrated grains to “get going”. I’m not sure if it’s the same with fresh grains, I’ve only bought the dried ones

Shannon

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Just ferment the water kefir for 48 hours. You can taste if the sugar content is to high..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can we drink Water Kefir on the diet’ is closed to new replies.