Can Stress set you back

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can Stress set you back

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I had a stressful day at work yesterday, and all my symptoms started to return again is this possible? I didnt change anything in my diet at all so i know it must have been because the tough day at work. It sucks.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Stress can be the cause of all sorts of illnesses, including candida, let alone something that sets you back. If you want to know more about the physiology, check out Robert Sapolsky’s classic Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers and find out how stress wreaks havoc with your hormones, accelerates ageing, affects sleep and gradually destroys your heart, reproductive system, immune system, memory and digestive system. There’s some positive stuff in there too, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

The good news is that you can “unlearn” your stressful habits more easily than you learnt them. Your brain is able to adapt to new habits with a little bit of training, despite the pseudo-scientific trash Freudian hacks have been brainwashing people with for the past century. Rewire Your Brain covers the relevant neuroscientific concepts nicely if you’re interested.

It’s a shame more people don’t understand what goes on in their head. “Unavoidable” stress is very much avoidable in the majority of cases, without much effort at all. This sort of stuff should be taught in schools.

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42

Im gunna be on this forum forever battling this darn thing.

helpme
    Topics: 45

meditation helps, trust me
    just google some simple chakra balancing exersises – I meditate regularly and I find it clears my mind, and I also believe this is key to clearing your body of unwanted toxins as well.

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

WilliamHolst wrote: Im gunna be on this forum forever battling this darn thing.

I noticed that when I started feeling more positive about this yeast diagnosis, my symptoms started easing more. I really believe stress has so much to do with the gut and our immune systems … of course, I believe that not just from my own experience but also because of the research that’s been done.

I’ve noticed that meditation and prayer are super helpful. So is taking a series of really deep breaths and exhaling slowly. I’ve also been mindful to relaaaaaaax my shoulders and my jaw muscles. I’ve had to train myself to become away of all the tension I was holding in those areas … especially since the candida has greatly affected my sinuses and all of those places are inter-related.

Here’s to a better day for you. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Acupuncture and exercise are also other ways to reduce or eliminate stress.

When I first got ill with candida, I was freaking out about the mold in my apartment and I got a job after being out of work for 2 years (I almost ran out of unemployment). I was a complete mess for a few months straight. Acupuncture helped turn me around…and so did moving!

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I noticed that stress would bring up all kinds of symptoms and it felt like a setback. It does make sense too as stress is listed as one of the main causes of candida overgrowth.

On the other hand, once I started feeling better, the stress reduced somehow. Not that I don’t have it but it doesn’t seem to matter that much anymore.

When I get die-off or candida symptoms, I think that among all those symptoms anxiety plays a big role for all what I explained. I never had anxiety until I got down with candida. I could be stressing over stupid things like getting to work and making it to the parking and… well you get the idea. I would start getting dizzy, weak, heart pounding, just ill by the time I walk in to the office. Once my symptoms reduced (or some went away), my mood is so much better. My old positiveness is coming back and kicking the stress in the behind 🙂

So basically what I’m trying to say is that from my own experience I think that yes stress does set you back some, but there is not much you can do about it but wait to get better. As you get better, stress will not be so stressful any longer 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can Stress set you back’ is closed to new replies.