Can someone please help me. I am so lost and disheartened

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can someone please help me. I am so lost and disheartened

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

emzie89
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

Hi all,

I wrote on here a while back about some very strange symptoms that came on when i found out i was pregnant. Light sensitivity, and a drunk/high feeling that would come and go. I then miscarried, and for 3 weeks felt fine. Then one day, i woke up with the drunk feeling constantly, and the light sensitivity, and have been this way for 5 months straight, with no break in symptoms. I saw a gastro in February who found yeast overgrowth in my stool. I thought nothing of it, i didn’t even know what it was, until i started researching. He gave me nystatin, and my symptoms never changed. Started researching yeast, and was certain it was causing my issues. I went on a strict diet, and found a doctor who deals with these types of issues seems i read a lot about regular doctors who don’t believe in it. She put me on nystatin/diflucan for a month, and i had no relief in symptoms. Things i have tested for:

Thyroid-Fine
    Diabetes-Negative
    General blood testing- Ok (But few neutrophils that fight bacteria 2 points out of range), overall white blood count within range
    CT head scan-Normal
    Food allergy testing shows no allergies
    Probiotics tried (None make any difference)
    Doctor has tried (Metronidazole as it can help fight certain bacteria in the body)- Makes symptoms 10x worse
    Nystatin and diflucan make symptoms feel 10x worse
    GP a while ago said i had a sinus infection (I don’t think she knew what was wrong really, she just went off me saying i had some post nasal drip and my nose runs a bit), so she gave me ceftin- This also made my symptoms feel 10x worse.

So i am not sure if any antibiotic is making me feel worse, or these certain ones irritate whatever i have going on. So i just did the CDSA stool analysis that i heard really helps show up yeast, and what is resistant/sensitive to it. I just got the results, and it shows no yeast present in my stool, and this test took 3 different samples from different days. Now i am completely disheartened because i have no idea why i feel this way, and it is really scaring me. Does anyone know other things that can cause these issues? I will give a quick run down of symptoms.

Constant drunk/high feeling
    Light sensitivity (Not so bad outside in natural light, much worse with indoor lighting) It feels like when you first wake up and turn a lamp on, but my eyes never adjust to the light.
    Undigested food in stools
    Hard pellet stools
    Carbs/Sugar/Caffeine make symptoms worse
    Random itching over skin but with no rash (Sometimes mild hives are present)
    Heavy feeling eyes/Sometimes feel very sleepy after food
    Feel at best first thing in the morning
    Sneezing sometimes/runny nose
    Post nasal drip sometimes
    Itchy anus/inside ears/nose
    Slight runny nose sometimes
    Had chronic constipation before this for 2 months
    Had root canal-Had tooth removed, made no difference

I am at my wits end, and i worry i have something really rare and life threatening.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well I would do the candia5 hyper-sensitization test for best diagnosis. The stool tests may come up inconclusive.

At the least, it sounds like you are deficient in stomach acid:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

If you are deficient in stomach acid, then your food doesn’t break down thus causing undigested food in your stools. When the undigested food sits in the gut, it benefits all of the bad bugs in the body.

Sneezing would indicate allergies and so I would consider better allergy testing.

You might not have a yeast problem but more of a general digestive problem…not everything is yeast.

Have you tried naturopathic doctors?

-raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you have a white tongue or rectal itching?

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Em,

What is your history with anti-biotics (anti-bacterial)?
    At the very least you have dysbiosis (crippled gut flora), I would still suspect yeast even if your CDSA was negative.

We share a lot of symptoms.

-D

emzie89
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

My doctor takes a naturopathic style to things when needed, but she is a DO, so she can prescribe/test for anything really. I wondered if i could have digestive issues, but i have never heard of digestive issues making someone feel constantly high, and sensitive to light? Yes i do have anal itching.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

emzie89;58159 wrote: My doctor takes a naturopathic style to things when needed, but she is a DO, so she can prescribe/test for anything really. I wondered if i could have digestive issues, but i have never heard of digestive issues making someone feel constantly high, and sensitive to light? Yes i do have anal itching.

Yes,

Candida can cause brain fog (feeling high/drunk).
    Some individuals who are mercury toxic report sensitivity to light.
    Dysbiosis + high fish diet = possible mercury toxicity. It’s important for any sufferer to determine any underlying immune suppressants before treating themselves. Examples are mercury, lead, chronic mold exposure, HIV, etc. Without a proper immune response, it doesn’t matter if we have the perfect diet and unlimited supplements. It won’t work.

-D

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

emzie89;58154 wrote: Hi all,

I wrote on here a while back about some very strange symptoms …Things i have tested for:

Thyroid-Fine (What is your TSH ? Most ‘normal’ number ranges are irrelevant- symptoms matter more. There are a lot more factors that most practitioners pass over—
    Diabetes-Negative Possible that you have Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. That can cause drunk like symptoms. Did they run an A1C that checks your levels over a period of time? Also don’t ever get a glucose tolerance test to check for Hypoglycemia- according to my doctor those can actually be harmful! Try eating small meals with protein every two daylight hours and get plenty of rest. My Integrative endo/MD believes in a plant based whole food diet and eating every two hours w/protein with each meal to stabilize blood sugar which heals hormones which in turn heals the whole body. He also likes a varied organic or low spray, local, quality, seasonal diet, Earthing, positive thinking, gentle regular exercise and using very few supplements D, Magnesium and he likes redox signaling supplements, one is his proprietary fulvic acid supplement.

Food allergy testing shows no allergies That does not mean you don’t have food sensitivities or possibly a Histamine intolerance.

Doctor has tried (Metronidazole as it can help fight certain bacteria in the body)- Makes symptoms 10x worse, Nystatin and diflucan make symptoms feel 10x worse I’m sorry they made you worse I’ve been resisting Diflucan from one doctor I love but he is very allopathic and I hate pharmaceuticals- they rarely help me.

…Does anyone know other things that can cause these issues? I will give a quick run down of symptoms.

Constant drunk/high feeling Low and or unstable blood sugar and or hormones

Carbs/Sugar/Caffeine make symptoms worse Again, could be blood sugar related.
    Random itching over skin but with no rash (Sometimes mild hives are present) OK, I suffer this too! I am looking into the Histamine intolerance. Sea salt baths, oatmeal, Epsom salt or ACV baths might help your itching. I was greatly helped by a web article from someone called ‘bulldancer’. It’s called Seborrheic Dermatitis Cures http://bulldancer.wix.com/seborrheic-derm-cure that outlined more about the salt baths and basic Aveeno daily moisturizer. She, I think bulldancer is a woman, not sure but she stresses that you must find the cause of your rashes even if her protocol helps your symptoms.

Heavy feeling eyes/Sometimes feel very sleepy after food Blood sugar dip?
    Feel at best first thing in the morning Me too.
    Sneezing sometimes/runny nose Seasonal, environmental perhaps chemical sensitivities
    Post nasal drip sometimes Do you ever wake up with a sore burning throat?
    Itchy anus/inside ears/nose You are not alone. My ears got better when I stopped wearing earrings (might have been a nickel or other metals sensitivity -even possible in good quality gold or sterling jewelry)

Had root canal-Had tooth removed, made no difference Existing dental materials might matter.

I am at my wits end, and i worry i have something really rare and life threatening.

I do understand I often feel discouraged. I lean into my faith to stay calm and take one day at a time and enjoy the times when I am not uncomfortable or in pain. One thing that has helped me is to send myself an email most every night with things to be thankful for. This helps me not be so obsessed about my suffering.
    I hope and pray you get relief and healing soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can someone please help me. I am so lost and disheartened’ is closed to new replies.