Can someone please confirm this recipe?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Can someone please confirm this recipe?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KRE1983 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nickg
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi! First post here so I’m hoping this doesn’t sound too stupid but I recently found a recipe for Cinnamon Bran Muffins!
    They were so yummy that I’ve been making them a fair bit actually. Unfortunately I’ve also been getting some of my symptom back 🙁
    I put this down to something that (I didn’t know) had brown rice in it but I was hoping I get get some help double-checking this recipe…

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup oat bran
    3/4 cup buckwheat flour
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 teaspoons stevia extract
    1 egg
    1/3 cup of coconut oil butter
    1 grated zucchini
    1 teaspoon of vanilla

This is my first time using stevia and I’m not sure I have the correct type… the packet ingredients are:
    Erythritol
    Steviol Glycosides Proprietary Blend

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

nickg;48215 wrote: Hi! First post here so I’m hoping this doesn’t sound too stupid but I recently found a recipe for Cinnamon Bran Muffins!
    They were so yummy that I’ve been making them a fair bit actually. Unfortunately I’ve also been getting some of my symptom back 🙁
    I put this down to something that (I didn’t know) had brown rice in it but I was hoping I get get some help double-checking this recipe…

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup oat bran
    3/4 cup buckwheat flour
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 teaspoons stevia extract
    1 egg
    1/3 cup of coconut oil butter
    1 grated zucchini
    1 teaspoon of vanilla

This is my first time using stevia and I’m not sure I have the correct type… the packet ingredients are:
    Erythritol
    Steviol Glycosides Proprietary Blend

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I see two ingredients that can be quite dangerous:
    Oat bran and baking powder.
    It is possible that oat bran contains gluten (since it can be contaminated with other grain types). Check if the package explicitly mentions that it contains no gluten. Another way to find out is just eating the oat bran (with a bit of water) and see what happens.
    Baking powder can be dangerous because it may contain ingredients that you may not eat.
    I also see a lot of wheat and flour. Did you have bloating? If so, it is possible that you have low stomach acid. Read about it here.
    Erythritol and Steviol Glycosides are considered safe and even have been shown to have antifungal properties.

KRE1983
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 15

How far into the diet are you? Oat bran is not allowed at the start of the strict diet. Personally when I finally went to reintroduce it I was fine, but I had reactions to my next test item: rice bran.

Bob’s Red Mill has a GF Oat Bran, so if that’s what you were using, you’re safe.

Also make sure your vanilla extract is alcohol free (in which case they actually call it vanilla flavoring). Frontier is the easiest brand to find that makes this. The Chosen One’s comment about baking powder is correct as well.

So really what you need to do is figure out which item/s is/are new to your diet and test it/them separately to see how you react. Judging by your comment, it could be the stevia.

Hope any of this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Can someone please confirm this recipe?’ is closed to new replies.