Can somebody help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can somebody help?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jon-Solo 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

rocksolid
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

So I have been having issues for about 4 yrs. The biggest issue is feeling like I am drunk or spaced out all the time. It can really be tough. I also get tired pretty easy, I’m thinking because it takes a lot out of me to function at work and life when I am light headed all the time. I think I have Candida issues. I did the spit test but will be going to my gastro doc in a few days. I saw this stuff called Candi clear that looks like it might help. I am very impatient and really want to start feeling better fast so my question is is there a quick fix? I see tons of diets and it will take 30 – 60 days and that’s fine if that is the only solution but I was hoping there was a fast way to get this done. Any advice.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Replies: 268

I think I have Candida issues.

What makes you think so?

Have you ever consulted an expert? (Not a candida expert, but a medical expert with broad knowledge and experience.)

I did the spit test

The spit test is unreliable.

I’m worried by the fact that you mention the spit test. I hope I don’t offend you, but frankly this shows that you are a beginner and that you haven’t done any research yet – else you would have found out about the unreliability of the spit test.

I saw this stuff called Candi clear that looks like it might help.

What’s the reason you believe in this stuff? I do not know Candi Clear, but from the sound of your words I’m worried that you may be overly quick to believe commercial talk – again, do your research, else you will fall prey to the product with the largest marketing budget.

I am very impatient

Perhaps that’s one of the causes of your complaints… Do you ever experience true, prolongued mental calmness?

I see tons of diets and it will take 30 – 60 days and that’s fine if that is the only solution but I was hoping there was a fast way to get this done.

30-60 days is nothing. Read this forum and you’ll find out that this is just the introductory, starting period. The real healing only starts afterward.

The timeframe differs from person to person, but think around two years. For most, it’s a lifelong change in diet and behaviour.

Perhaps the above is not what you would have liked to hear – I hope it helps anyway.

Rabelais

rocksolid
    Participant

thanks for responding. I am a beginner. I think I may have Candida because I have many of the symptoms. I realize the symptoms of Candida can probably be for a ton of other issues but for the past 4 yrs I have had what feels like every test on the planet without results. When I eat the ” trigger foods” I don’t feel well and when I eat the foods that would be good for me my stomach does not hurt. I will ask my gastro doctor tomorrow about it and see if he can do a blood and stool test on me to confirm one way or another. I know the spit test is unreliable but I wanted to mention that I tried it. The stuff I asked about was something I found on amazon and yes I know many of the reviews are bogus but you have to put your trust in a product at some point. I’m sure plenty of people have tried a similar product to help them. I would love to know which ones have been used successfully. You asked if I ever experience true, prolongued mental calmness? I don’t think I have in over 4 yrs. I have a very stressful life, but I do the best that I can. If I do have Candida and go through the process of getting better will I ever be able to eat food like cake or bread again?

rocksolid
    Participant

I have been taking Renew Life Ultimate Flora Critical Colon Vegetable Capsules and I just ordered Saccharomyces Boulardii.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The candida spit test should not be used for diagnosis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

This is where you should look for diagnosis:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/candida-immune-complexes-in-blood-education-57/

rocksolid
    Participant

Sorry to sound like an idiot but……what test do I ask my doctor to give me?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The one in the link, the candida immune complex test. This determines whether or not you are allergic to candida. If so, then you can take candida hypo-sensitization shots which elevate your immune response to fight yeast.

Most allergy clinics should be able to do this test or atleast order the one in the link.

If you want a well rounded plan that will get you better faster, I would consider consulting a good naturuopath with like 20-30 years experience. They’ll put you on supplements such as SF722, HMF neuro, megaspore, s.boulardii, digestive enzymes, etc.

Here are the most common methods people use to get over yeast:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/

-raster

rocksolid
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I ordered Saccharomyces Boulardii and will start as soon as I get it.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Replies: 268

I think I may have Candida because I have many of the symptoms. I realize the symptoms of Candida can probably be for a ton of other issues but for the past 4 yrs I have had what feels like every test on the planet without results.

Candida is testable. You say you tested, but you got no results – which, I suggest, would be a good reason to check other possible causes for your complaints.

Anxiety, restlessness, stress – these are prime candidates. They are quite likely to cause exactly the symptoms which you now attribute to candida.

That’s what happened to me, about 20 years ago now. I had lots of digestive issues including bloating, feeling nauseous or dizzy, being out of energy, needing to sleep halfway the day, painful gut cramps, flatulence, greyish and slimey stuff in the toilet, and so on. I saw many doctors, I underwent lots of examinations – to no avail. It took me several years to find out that it was all stress-related, and several more years to learn to change my life pattern and my attitude to what was happening around me.

I will ask my gastro doctor tomorrow about it and see if he can do a blood and stool test on me to confirm one way or another.

What did the doctor say?

You asked if I ever experience true, prolongued mental calmness? I don’t think I have in over 4 yrs. I have a very stressful life, but I do the best that I can.

That’s what I suspected, to be honest. And, to be honest once more – this may be the primary cause of your complaints.

It was for me, many years ago. Reducing the stress level (primary cause) and changing the way I reacted to the stress that I could not prevent (secondary cause) solved my problem.

If I do have Candida and go through the process of getting better will I ever be able to eat food like cake or bread again?

Of course!

The problem is not candida, it’s too much of candida. That’s called overgrowth or imbalance. Candida itself is all over us. It’s on our skin, in our nose and mouth, in our guts, on and in our private areas – it’s everywhere. No way to avoid it.

In the unlikely case that you could make yourself completely candida-free, you would re-acquire candida as soon as you left your room – probably even before that.

Now what does this tell us? It tells us an important lesson if we combine these facts with the observation that the majority of the population can eat cake, bread and many other things without problems – even if they, like all of us, actually have candida!

This means that as soon as you get rid of your overgrowth/imbalance, you can eat cake and bread again. Just like I can. Just like the vast majority can.

But, again – it’s useless to treat candida overgrowth if you do not have such overgrowth. If the problem is caused by your extreme and prolonged stress level, treating something that is not causing your complaints is useless. In that case, you should work on your stress level.

Second thought: I think you should work on your stress level in any case. Stress is bad for us, especially if it lasts for more than a few weeks. If it lasts for months or longer, it can and will be devastating.

Rabelais

rocksolid
    Participant

Thanks again for the reply. I do have lots of stress that will never go away so I guess I need to learn to deal with it better. I have an Autistic son who is the light in my life but challenging. I had a colonoscopy a few wks ago and my doc told me everything looks ok except for minor issues and I will be eating a pill that is a camera to check for Celic even though he does not think I have that. He said he did not think it was Candida but I will be getting a blood test that will test for everything or a lot of things so we will see the results.

Jon-Solo
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Could you tell me how to post messages on this forum/

Jon-Solo
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Raster could you please tell me if the candida 5 test or the candida allergy test is more reliable for detecting candida?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can somebody help?’ is closed to new replies.