Can one develop veggie intolerances?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can one develop veggie intolerances?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JBR74
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

A previous discussion that I started (eggs and gas) lead me to ask this question. I know one can (sometimes quickly) develop intolerances to things like grains, eggs, dairy, etc. but can one develop intolerances to veggies? You don’t hear about that too often, if ever. I am wondering if anyone has found that certain veggies they love and have always eaten are beginning to bother them, perhaps for eating so much of them. Doesn’t seem to me that this is likely, but I am curious.

luckymom2one
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 14

JBR74 wrote: A previous discussion that I started (eggs and gas) lead me to ask this question. I know one can (sometimes quickly) develop intolerances to things like grains, eggs, dairy, etc. but can one develop intolerances to veggies? You don’t hear about that too often, if ever. I am wondering if anyone has found that certain veggies they love and have always eaten are beginning to bother them, perhaps for eating so much of them. Doesn’t seem to me that this is likely, but I am curious.

Yes, although not as bad as with the grains my son has intolerances to some vegies and fruits. Corn is a big problem since it is in everything from food to medications and even bandaids. Milk cartons are even said to be lined with corn. Plus the fact that most of it is gmo. Even organic corn I have heard can be contaminated with pesticides from the non organic crops nearby. Carrots are another issue for my son that I know of.

Also if you have pollen allergies alot of veggies and fruits are in the same plant family that your pollen allergy is in. Which can cause problems. My son is highly allergic to grass and absolutely refuses to eat any melons. Which I now know is because of how they make him feel. These food intolerances can either show up with cravings or refusal to eat in kids I have found. You could find information on that by researching Oral Allergy Syndrome. The way our Dr. explained this to me once was your body being like a cup overflowing. If you can tolerate something at times but not at others it could be that there are other factors like pollen or food sensitivities contributing to it. Take me for instance, milk doesn’t seem to bother me except for in the summertime when my pollen allergies are at their worst. So since all that pollen in the air is in my body and then I drink milk my body is overflowing with allergens and produces symptoms.

Also wanted to let you know that I refer to my son alot because it was his Dr. that we found about 1 1/2 ago who made me realize all these problems with food intolerances, candida etc.

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Yes, I became sensitive to corn and night shade veggies while on the strict diet. I’m slowly adding things back in as they come in season.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Can one develop veggie intolerances?’ is closed to new replies.