Can NAC be taken with Milk Thistle (Silymarin by NOW) at the same time?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can NAC be taken with Milk Thistle (Silymarin by NOW) at the same time?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thankfulheart 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

thankfulheart
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi,
    My daughter is experiencing die-off symptoms even though it has only been 5 days into the first week of the candida diet. I’ve read the suggestions and am wondering if taking both these supplements would be helpful or too much? She has been taking the NAC since day 3, and that is actually when the symptoms started. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Vira

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

What exactly are the die off symptoms? I personally dont recommend nac because it can act as anti-inflammatory in a very specific way and allow candida to flourish. The effect is worse in some than others.

thankfulheart

She’s had fever, rash break-out on her face, fatigue, nausea, brain fog. After giving her water and a NAC supplement this morning, she slept for a few hours and is feeling better.

thankfulheart

I’ve been doing more reading and came across the milk thistle product (also by NOW), and wondered if both together would benefit her. Looking back I think she’s been dealing with candida for about a year. We’ve been to doc & have been treating symptoms up to this point. Started Lisa’s The Candida Diet last Tuesday, received the NAC Thursday which is right about when she started these symptoms; but today was the worst.

impossible

Milk thistle will not hurt, it basically boosts the liver’s repair function. I would suggest a trial both on and off nac again to get a better idea of what effect it is having. Especially if the symptoms remain in a bad state for more than a few more days. Hopefully the symptoms will reside soon no matter what. How old is she?

thankfulheart

She is 20. We are both doing the diet together, but her symptoms and cravings have been much more severe than mine. How do you recommend doing a trial on and off for the NAC? Thank you so much for your input – this is all new to me.

impossible

Stick with something without making any other changes (including dietary) for 4 or 5 days. Use the technique while using something or avoiding it to determine its influence.

Its tough, the symptoms of yeast flourishing can be similar or the same as those of it being killed. Get scientific about figuring out what is going on. If you need help, we’ll all be here for ya.

NAC is notorious for influencing the immune system and allowing candida to grow unchecked. If you would like I could provide some links to some material on the subject.

The best way to detox is to drink plenty of water and keep the bowels moving, 2 or 3 times a day is preferable. Molybdenum helps the body produce more of an enzyme that the body uses to detox aldehydes, which are some of the worst and most symptom causing toxins involved. B5 does the same thing and can be added if die off is getting to be too much.

thankfulheart

Yes, I would like that (to have the links). I forgot to mention that it is NAC with selenium & molybdenum, didn’t know if it mattered. Thank you so much :o)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can NAC be taken with Milk Thistle (Silymarin by NOW) at the same time?’ is closed to new replies.