Can I take antifungal and probiotic before the same meal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can I take antifungal and probiotic before the same meal?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gladsome 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gladsome
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Here is my confession. I did not detox the way that has been described. I was feeling so very sick… In my desperation, before I knew much about this diet, but was certain I had a gut full of fungus, I cleansed using magnesium citrate (2 bottles over the course of a day of liquids only)…the same as the prep for a colonoscopy. It was a jumpstart that suited me and I really felt better after ridding myself of all the good, bad, and ugly in my gut. A couple of days later I started with Rainbow Light Candida Cleanse, and then realized I might be on a different time table, so started with Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics a couple of days after that. I am feeling so much better after two weeks. I feel well and am working on strong. The recipes I find here and elsewhere online help so much because I need energy to work on strong.

My question. As I understand it, both the candida cleanse and the probiotics are taken prior to a meal. Can they be taken prior to the same meal? Or should I take them at two different times of the day? If I take them together, the candida cleanse would follow the probiotics by a half hour or so. Would they work against each other?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate this forum so very much. I think it is the only one of its kind online.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s an important post I recommend checking out:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

You kind of are doing your own thing with your treatment plan and so I don’t know what to suggest, but the antifungals in the cleanse product likely will kill some of the probiotics, so I would not take them together in the same meal.

Additionally, the cleanse product contains berberine which I do not recommend taking because this is essentially an antibiotic which will destroy some of your beneficial bacteria.

There are a lot of candida cleanse type products out there and a lot of these are all hype because they just won’t cure anyone in my opinion. For most people this is a long term 6-18+ battle and you typically need way different supplements and treatment plans than what these products and companies suggest.

-raster

gladsome
    Participant

Here’s an important post I recommend checking out:

http://www.thecandidadie…g-too-much-too-fast.aspx

You kind of are doing your own thing with your treatment plan and so I don’t know what to suggest, but the antifungals in the cleanse product likely will kill some of the probiotics, so I would not take them together in the same meal.

Additionally, the cleanse product contains berberine which I do not recommend taking because this is essentially an antibiotic which will destroy some of your beneficial bacteria.

There are a lot of candida cleanse type products out there and a lot of these are all hype because they just won’t cure anyone in my opinion. For most people this is a long term 6-18+ battle and you typically need way different supplements and treatment plans than what these products and companies suggest.

-raster[/size]

Raster,

You are so correct. I am doing my own thing. Not because I want to, but because I fell quickly through the cracks of the allopath medical society. I was on my own as far as I could tell. I self diagnosed…something I ordinarily would not feel very comfortable about. But, I had had a fungal overgrowth 8-9 years back for which my Doc at the time eventually treated with some strong antifungal med for 3 months, finally knocking it out of me. After chasing around the idea of a bacterial infection this time around, it suddenly dawned on me that it must be the fungus resurrected. But, since my tests for bacteria, protozoa, celiac, and whatever came back negative, my present doctor essentially cut me loose. I sorted it out by searching online, and have started with Ann Boroch’s The Candida Cure book diet which the book outlines. That is why I bought the Candida Cleanse…she recommends it.

Two weeks in (almost), I feel my symptoms are under control so that I have resumed my normal lifestyle. And, that is what I wanted most…my life back. But, I realize I have a lot to learn. I appreciate your links and will try to absorb this approach that you follow. I certainly don’t want to overtax my liver. I think I will have to find a naturopath that is familiar with all this…because I am not, and neither is the current MD I have. I told him I was going on the diet and he said, “Oh, the Candida diet is a good diet”…but, I guess he should have added “Good luck to you!” as well.

So, to get back to the antifungal/probiotics issue. Are you saying that I shouldn’t be taking the probiotics yet? Ann Boroch did say to start them in the third month, but the way I catapulted myself into the start of the diet with the bowel cleanse, I felt I had better quickly put some good bacteria back ASAP. I am sorry about the berberine in Candida Cleanse. After I finish the bottle (I can’t believe how much this diet has cost so far and I can’t throw this antifungal away…I just can’t…I have thrown out so much food already, and new recipes that flunked in just two weeks…well, you know)…anyway, after I finish the bottle, what antifungal would you most recommend?

Well, thank you, thank you! I have a lot to learn, but your response has been a help.

raster
    Participant

Check out SF722 next and read the reviews online.

I would continue with probiotic but take it at a different time when you take the cleanse product for maximum effectiveness.

I also would get a new probiotic in time too, we can help with suggestions. I would consider trying out s.boulardii too, lots of great results. SF722 and boulardii could get you better faster potentially (don’t take them together though).

Get some liver support stuff too in the meantime…

-raster

gladsome
    Participant

Check out SF722 next and read the reviews online.

I would continue with probiotic but take it at a different time when you take the cleanse product for maximum effectiveness.

I also would get a new probiotic in time too, we can help with suggestions. I would consider trying out s.boulardii too, lots of great results. SF722 and boulardii could get you better faster potentially (don’t take them together though).

Get some liver support stuff too in the meantime…

-raster[/b][/b]

May I pick your brain one more time (today)? What kind of liver support would you suggest? I would like to start that right away. After taking a strong antifungal med for 3 months and always enjoying my wine for all these years (sigh!), I worry about the mess my liver might be in. I would just as soon not postpone a step in repairing it. And, if it can be done along with the rest of the regimen, I might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Thank you for the other recommendations!

-gladsome

raster
    Participant

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

I recommend something like super milk thistle X, and there are some similar milk thistle products that are much cheaper (now foods makes on for instane).

-raster

gladsome
    Participant

Thank you once again, Raster. I will check it out!

God bless!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I take antifungal and probiotic before the same meal?’ is closed to new replies.