can I slow C diet/ resume old a bit?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions can I slow C diet/ resume old a bit?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bchelp
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi all. I’m new here and my last attempt got nuked so I’m trying again. I need some help from you all and I hope you will accept me even though I am not quite one of “you” in terms of why I am here. I am trying the Candida diet for a different reason than most of you. I didn’t have the physical symptoms that you likely did. I Have a health issue that prompted me to want to get rid of the bacteria that I likely do have and just eat healthier. Have been on the diet 2 weeks and experiencing die-off. I realize I should have probably made a gradual change in my diet instead of doing it so dramatically. I was not as educated as to what I should eat, the supplements, etc, (and didn’t like a lot of what was on the list) so I limited myself to only chicken, beef, eggs, green beans, plain yogurt, water, and used olive oil. I think this shocked my system too much. I realize this diet you should follow the specific guidelines, etc., but I believe I probably don’t have to be on the diet, but rather, just need to make changes in my diet as a whole. I know that means I will not get all the candida killed off. However, again, I am not doing the diet because I have the symptoms that all of you have – I am doing it to get healthy and get some of the bacteria out. I know that sounds odd, but prior my diet was horrible – full of refined sugar, processed foods, alcohol, non-balanced meals. As I think I shocked my system too much and would like to balance things out and gradually work on this, I would like to reintroduce some of the foods I ate or eat some things that are not on the diet. NOT bad foods, but whole grains, minor dairy, other veggies, etc. I know I will likely be feeding the Candida but I am still having die off anyway. Do you think this would be ok? I want to get some balance back to how I was feeling before I started the diet. It will still be much better than how I was eating before I started the diet. Right now I’m just not eating enough or feeling well and I have to deal with my other health issue.

I appreciate your feedback and understanding with this! I want to try eating some things without being dumb about it and don’t want to make myself sicker (even though I know I probably won’t feel good for a bit).

Thanks and respect!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, if you are experiencing die-off symptoms than this means you have the same problem that we all have; a candida overgrowth.

The best way to kill candida is to not feed it; otherwise it will grow and die over and over again causing persistant die-off that will never end. It sounds like you have a different idea on how to proceed, but I highly discourage this because it’d be like having one food in fire, while the other foot in ice.

There are plenty of foods on the allowed foods list that you can eat that have nutritional value. Even stage 2 foods.

I would consider the following:
    -More veggies (do you like salad?)
    -Black or red rice, quinoa, buckwheat, or millet
    -Lamb, buffalo, or chicken sausage
    -Oat bran
    -Teff/coconut/buckwheat flour bread
    -Pumpkin pie muffin bread
    -Fruit (stage 2 item, but if you aren’t as serious as us then go ahead)

If you are serious about cleansing your body from candida, I wouldn’t eat foods that are not on the allowed foods list because this will have a net neutral effect but still die-off symptoms.

Die-off typically last 2-4 weeks or even longer, and if you can tough it out it’ll only get better from there (for most people).

-raster

bchelp

Raster (and anyone else)- Thanks for the feedback. I see what you are saying, in that if I feed it a little but try to keep to some of the diet, it would keep feeding and dying off. So let me ask you this, and forgive me if this is a dumb question: what if I stopped the diet? I’d have the Candida problem but it wouldn’t be a feed/die off roller coaster. I’m not saying I would go back to eating horribly, but what would happen if I try eating some of the no-no foods? I felt totally fine before I started this diet. I had no idea it would be like this and had I known how physically demanding and diet demanding over time it is, I wouldn’t have done it (not being a baby, but I have to deal with my other health issue.) What if I just give up? What would happen? I did eat poorly but in between ate some good foods. It’s only recently that I stopped all of the stuff I mentioned. So wouldn’t my body reset itself so to speak? I can’t handle this on top of everything else. Don’t people quit this diet and manage (although maybe suffer from their Candida symptoms which made them go on the diet in the first place?) Please advise. Thanks.
    PS. My “die off” symptoms have been fatigue, woozyness, chills, lack of appetite, fullness/pain in chest/gas?, diaharea/constipation

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Here is some advice that I gave someone else. It may pertain to your situation. As Raster said, going on and off the diet is not good. I highly reccomend you buck up and do what it takes to stick to the diet but I know some folks just will not do it for health reasons, will power or just its just to hard for work and or taking care of loved ones.

SO here is the advice

“My point was going to be if the diet is too difficult for you to stick to then don’t do it….yet. Work towards it instead.

If you eat meat, don’t go out to buy burgers but make your own at home, make steak instead of going out. Just start by not buying prepared food at fast food places and such. Learn to make as many dishes as you can with whatever ingredients you like. Cut down drinking to 2 times a week at this point.

Then when you’re comfortable preparing all your own food then stop buying processed food to prepare you meals at home. And cut your drinking down to 1 day a week. Start making your meals with natural whole ingredients. Start switching out condiments with healthy versions. Get mustard made with ACV and pickle your own veggies with ACV. it’s really not that hard. And at this point you have already trained yourself to cook for yourself and use your kitchen:)

Now start cutting your starches down to 2 times a week, reduce your sugar intake as much as possible and quit drinking period. Maybe try some sour beer.

Now you’re ready to start the diet the proper way. There is no such thing as a quick fix. The quickest way to ridding candida is through the protocol listed in this forum but its counterproductive if you are unable to stick to it. You’re wasting time. You’re just feeding then killing the candida in a viscous cycle. Might as well face reality and learn that the problem is long term and only a lifestyle change will fix it. So if you’re not the type to stick with a strict diet. Then work towards it.”

bchelp

Thank you. That makes sense. So if I stop now, I should feel better and back to what is normal for me (I am feeling woozy/off balance every day now but the other things seems to have gone away other than the bathroom issues). I added some small amounts of the no-no foods last night and digested fine. Then I can start over slowly if I want to as you suggested?

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

bchelp wrote: Thank you. That makes sense. So if I stop now, I should feel better and back to what is normal for me (I am feeling woozy/off balance every day now but the other things seems to have gone away other than the bathroom issues). I added some small amounts of the no-no foods last night and digested fine. Then I can start over slowly if I want to as you suggested?

The bathroom issues probably need to be resolved before you keep adding in more food items, I would think. Your gut is a pretty good indicator of the overall health of the body. You can do this! I like to tell myself over and over that nothing tastes better than healthy feels.

bchelp

Thanks but that is just a little irregularity. I have an overriding health problem that I am dealing with and am finding that doing this diet is causing me to feel so poorly that I cannot deal with it (and working full time). I need to feel like I did before starting the diet so I can deal with that main health issue right now. That’s why I asked if I stop, will my body readjust and go back to how it was (I wasn’t suffering from Candida symptoms). If I want to try again later, I can slower and prepare my body better.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There may be a good chance that your health problems are related to candida.

Many autoimmune diseases and other diseases, such as cancer have a candida connection. Whenever the immune system is severely depressed and cannot function normally it opens up the body to many diseases and malfunctions. Some, but not all, of these diseases are:

Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Celiac Disease/Gluten Sensitivity, Crohn’s Disease, Epstein-Barr Virus (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Fibromyalgia (muscle pain & weakened), Thyroid Diseases, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis (a neuromuscular disease in which there is a failure of the nerves’ ability to stimulate and control the actions of certain muscles), Sjogren’s (a condition in which certain glands become inflamed, which interferes with the production of tears and saliva), Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cancer, and many others.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/cabout3.php

Candida is very opportunistic and can explode with a fury very quickly if in the right environment. You could have different symptoms, food sensitivities, and other allergies in the future because of candida overgrowth.

The key to success with the diet and health in general should be to heal the gut and create an environment for beneficial flora and a strong immune system. The diet does this pretty well and if you can tough out the first 2-4 weeks of feeling bad from die-off, it’ll only get better/easier. Actually, if you do things correctly, you could completely eliminate die-off symptoms by taking a mineral called molybdenum or sweating out the toxins.

There is the possibility that you could experience persistent and consistent die-off once not on the diet from regular foods. You could go off the diet and feel relatively normal, but its hard to say exactly how you will be, because we are all different.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘can I slow C diet/ resume old a bit?’ is closed to new replies.