Can I have this?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can I have this?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

Without me telling what it is (so you don’t just say no automatically, LOL), can someone tell me how incredibly bad it would be to have a little bit of once or twice a week if I absolutley have to?

Ingredients:

Carbonated Water
    Caramel Color
    Aspartame
    Phosphoric Acid
    Potassium Benzoate
    Natural Flavors
    Citric Acid

Thanks 🙂

Amanda

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Amanda.

This sounds like some type of soda/sparkling water.

Carbonated water is basically carbonic acid which is known to deplete the minerals in teeth and bones. Carbon dioxide gas is dissolved to make carbonated water (under pressure), carbon dioxide is basically a waste product.
    Using a X-ray technique which measures the absorbability of a compound, the result provided evidence to supporting the theory that ingesting phosphoric acid lowers bone density.

Citric acid is normally derived from yeast – you already know about yeast and Candida.

Aspartame is also sold under the name NutraSweet.
    Researchers have studied aspartame at length, and the following is a list of known side effects, starting with the mildest.

Anxiety
    Sleeplessness
    Depression
    Asthma
    Problems with eye sight
    Headaches and migraines
    Nausea
    Abdominal pain
    Fatigue ( aspartame is able to block glucose from entering the brain)
    Memory loss
    Dementia
    Epilepsy
    Brain lesions
    Neuroendocrine disorders
    Parkinson’s disease
    Hypoglycemia
    Hearing loss
    Multiple sclerosis
    Alzheimer’s disease
    Hormonal problems

Aspartame is also one of the many imitation sweeteners on which Candida are able to feed.

How bad are you hating me right now? =)
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The night I took aspartame was the first night I had candida reactions and went to hospital, so stop it ASAP! Aspartame can really trigger bad reactions…

Relating to what able said, you do not want anything that depletes calcium because your body needs it to heal!

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

Super duper sigh…. no caffine free diet coke for me :(.

I figured it was bad, but just HAD to ask. I am so in withdrawl. 7 days since my last one. I’ve never smoked, but I’m guessing I miss diet coke more than a cigarette addict misses his smokes while he’s quitting!

Thanks for the input everyone. You guys are great (even though you don’t give me the answers I want :)).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You shouldn’t really have anything other than water during the diet. Maybe a little tea (but don’t overdo it). Organic teas are best FYI. No coffee either! No dairy!

Aspartame has so many bad side effects I would consider ditching it for eternity. There’s a documentary called “Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World” about the side effects of aspartame that I recommend watching.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can I have this?’ is closed to new replies.