can I eat bread, and if so what kind?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions can I eat bread, and if so what kind?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jee
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 20

Hi again everyone

I’m trying to figure out what I can eat during lunch when I’m going to start my diet (straight off to stage “2”, I think a detox would drain my energy too much, and I -absolutely- don ‘t want to loose weight).

Next semester, in a few weeks, I’ll be spending the entire day in schoolgrounds, classes and thesis, and as such I don’t have the possibilities to create something that would fill me up and give me energy, from the lunch recipes. Something easy to do is make a couple of sandwiches in the morning and take them with me, but it seems all bread is condemned..

Is there any type of bread that is OK to eat, and if such, what do you guys put between the bread? I thought something straight from the butcher would be OK, like slices of Salami, but apparently this is a NO-go? (NO-go because it’s processed and would contain sugar? ..)

Any help is appreciated

Jannik

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Jannik!

Can I just clarify that you’re talking about “stage 1” of the diet, the stage immediately after the cleanse/ detox? I’m talking about the diet on this forum, not on the website? (check out the index of posts – I’ll bump it to the top for you)

Have a look on the recipe section of this forum and you’ll find a recipe for coconut bread which is ok to eat at part of stage 1. I’m not keen on the taste so wouldn’t eat it as a straight sandwich but others seem to love it so try it for yourself & see. There are no off the shelf breads that you can buy because they all contain hidden nasties so you’ll have to roll up the sleeves & get baking! But it’s really easy – you literally throw everything into a mixing bowl together.

As for bought meats – you’re not going to find any pre cooked meat in your grocery or butcher that’s 100% ok either. Most packaged meats have yeast extract, sugar, fillers… loads of un natural stuff! The salami you mention is a no go on 2 levels. Pork should not be eaten on this diet due to the ammonia it produces… and the smoking/ preserving process also isn’t allowed. (I’m not sure why but we have to avoid anything like smoked fish, parma ham etc)

Have a look for some buckwheat crispbread (should just read buckwheat, sea salt on the ingredients) – this is the closest you’ll find to an easy snack. Pre boil some organic eggs. Bring an avocado. A salad in a tub. A tin of sardines or wild salmon. Make some dressing (see recipe board) and bring that in a seperate tub. If you do like the coconut bread then spread it with coconut oil and fill with pre cooked chicken (cooked yourself) & salad

I know none of these are as easy as just grabbing a sandwich but with a bit of preperation you can invent a tasty lunch that will fill you with far more energy!

All the best with your recovery.

Lucy

Jee

Hey Lucy

I was talking about the stage following the detox, should one take it, yes.

It’s quite a lot to take in.. I ‘m a person that loves to eat and it’s quite a demotivating thought to have to this much effort, but we know why we have to do it, I guess…

The things you said, especially an avocado and the sardines, are high in proteines and oils, so at least this gives me a boost that I won’t be losing too much weight 🙂 I dance multiple times a week and I work out as well, so my body needs its ingredients 🙂

I think I read that boiled organic eggs are something that I could eat a few times a week, but not too much.

Say, for instance, that my weeklunch would consist of:

monday: tin of sardines + boiled egg + avocado
    tuesday: tin of salmon (wild salmon?) + a salad with olive oil
    wednesday: tin of sardines + boiled egg + avocado
    thursday: tin of salmon (wild salmon?) + a salad with olive oil
    friday: tin of sardines + boiled egg + avocado

Would this be too much? or is this perfectly fine? I don’t care if it’s a lot of the same, I just want something not too hard to prepare, that gives me energy without any bad effects.. 🙂

Thank you!

Jee

Lucylu

Hi Jee,

A lot of us here eat eggs every day. I have either 2 large or 3 medium a day but others eat far more. Able has posted in the past about the myths regarding eggs & cholesterol so don’t worry about that.

Why not have the eggs for breakfast with coconut bread & plenty coconut oil? This would set you up nicely for a busy morning? Then the fish (yes wild if poss. herring also good as it’s young), salad & avocado for lunch. I have a variation of this every day and don’t get bored with it. (Take a look at another thread on here about menu ideas. Theres also a thread about snack ideas.) You might like to pre-mix a dressing as just the olive oil on it’s own might get dull after a while.

This alone doen’t keep me going for the whole day though – I usually have my fishy salad about noon and then something else about 3 or 4pm. When I’m at home it’s a bowl of thick veg soup (do you have a facility where you could micowave a bowl?) with some buckwheat crispbread & coconut oil. Or maybe you could keep your egg quota for your second day time snack and have oat bran & yoghurt for breakfast instead?

And yes, you will have to put a fair bit of time & effort into your planning, shopping & cooking… certainly until you get your head around what you’ll be eating each day and what suits your taste and your routine. But it is worth it and you will get into a routine, don’t worry! I know your probably addled from all the information on this forum and also the fact that it contradicts the main site and most other sites… but most of us here are proof that this “protocol” does work and it’s worth the effort.

Best of luck with it. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Lucy

Jee

Interesting! I googled a bit and yes, it seems eggs are quite good for you 🙂 I’ll take the 2-3 eggs a day into my soon-to-be-developed program. Also looks like a great way to cut weightloss.

Does anyone else have any good – I know, a lot of you probably want the opposite – tips of how NOT to loose weight? 🙂

Also, you say organic eggs, like the website says organic chicken. What is the difference, being “organic”? .. Do I have to look out for something? Or can I just buy it in my supermarket like all the eggs or bags of chicken to go in the freezer?

Kind Regards

Jee

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Does anyone else have any good tips of how NOT to lose weight?

The ‘secret’ to preventing weight loss on the diet is simple; you’ll just have to obtain enough calories from the diet in order to keep from losing. If you drop the amount of calories that your body needs to sustain your present weight, then you’ll automatically lose weight. It’s all about the amount and not the specific foods.

Also, you say organic eggs, like the website says organic chicken. What is the difference, being “organic”? .. Do I have to look out for something? Or can I just buy it in my supermarket like all the eggs or bags of chicken to go in the freezer?

The information on the label should tell you whether or not the food is organic. If you purchase products from a farmer’s market, simply ask if their food is organic, they’ll know.

Able

Lucylu

Re the eggs – you can assume most eggs & chicken WON’T be organic so you’ll have to look specifically. But all big grocery stored will have both, as Able says it will be on the label. And it will cost more!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘can I eat bread, and if so what kind?’ is closed to new replies.