Can Candida cause Fibromyalgia, Crohn's, etc.?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can Candida cause Fibromyalgia, Crohn's, etc.?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chele
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

I haven’t posted here for a few months but, unfortunately, within the past month, my symptoms have worsened again and the candida has come back with a vengence. Actually, I’m not sure it was ever really totally in-check but, anyway…….I did improve for a while later in the summer. But then mid-September the diarrhea, fatigue and other symptoms worsened again. My doctor put me back on the Diflucan, for 60 days this time. I have continued on the strict diet, which I have never deviated from since I first learned of the candida in May. I must mention that in July I had testing done through Metametrix which showed very high levels of clostridial species (1.50–30X what the normal quantity should be). I had c. diff. 17 years ago so my doctor suspects that it was never sufficiently cleared from my system. Perhaps why I got sick again in the first place?? Anyway, my body is really beaten down at this point and I am having a lot of difficulty getting over this “hump” even with the Diflucan. I’m even wondering if I’ve built up a resistance to it–is that possible? It just does not seem to be working!! I still have ringworm on my face, thrush on the back of my tongue, vaginal discharge and I’ve been on the Diflucan for 5 weeks now. If it was working wouldn’t these symptoms be gone by now? Another thing I am concerned about is that my chiropractor has informed me that I have developed Crohn’s disease, fibromyalgia, and Hashimoto’s thryroiditis. None of these are any surprise to me. I have a large lump on my thyroid, have muscle and joint pain that often keeps me awake at night, incredible fatigue, and diarrhea that has not been controlled even with saccharomyces boulardii and 900 CFU prescription probiotics! I am also worried about the possibility of diabetes. I have many of the symptoms and have been a “borderline diabetic” for years. Oh, almost forgot to mention: another suspicious symptom that has developed: enlarged and spontaneously bursting blood vessels. Bloodwork showed that my d-dimer score was elevated so I made a trip to the hospital on Friday to check for clotting in my legs. I was relieved that they didn’t find any but still wondering what this is all about. Might I mention that I am a 41-year old 120 pound female who, until a year ago when I lost the ability to do so, exercised regularly. I really hate that my body is in this condition. So, I’m not really sure what to do at this point. My doctors (meaning my holistic practitioner and chiropractor—I won’t see traditional MD anymore after my experiences with them!) keep telling me that I just “need to be patient” but that’s really hard to do when things seem to be getting worse instead of better! My holistic MD says that I need to have my amalgam fillings removed (I do have a lot of them). But that would be extremely expensive and I don’t want to be out the money if that wouldn’t really solve the problem. Can I get someone’s opinion on this? Has anyone had this done and experienced a significant difference in their health? My chiropractor seems to think that all of my problems, including the yeast and c. diff., will be eradicated through acupuncture. I’m having trouble wrapping my mind around that. Again, I’m willing to do it but don’t want to be out the money if it doesn’t make any difference. So, any advice, recommendations, suggestions, and even prayers at this point would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Chele,

I may be biased but I don’t think a chiropractor has the medical knowledge and background to diagnose diseases properly. Chiropractors deal with the spine and joints in the body and should not practice medicine or medicinal science.

Have you had any testing to see if you have crohns or fibromyalgia or hashimoto’s thyroiditis? If you have not, he may just be guessing to what you have.

You do not need to get your fillings removed and I’d rather see you spend your money on something better than this. Probiotics are a great way to help get over mercury toxicity.

Some of your problems can be cured by acupuncture but not all of them. You need the correct supplements to get better and I don’t feel that diflucan is one of them.

If you are stuck in a hard place, I would be very happy to pm you contact information for my naturopath that I see here in town. He has customers from Brazil to China and treats many people abroad. This can likely save you some money when compared to removing the fillings. I feel that he is in the top 1% of his field. He’ll want you to take the expensive spanish blood test though but can heal you without that (I didnt take it yet).

I’d also suggest that you listen to some Dr. Mcoombs and get educated on candida and how to treat it. http://www.candidaplan.com/new/media_center/

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

chele;29527 wrote: I haven’t posted here for a few months but, unfortunately, within the past month, my symptoms have worsened again and the candida has come back with a vengence. Actually, I’m not sure it was ever really totally in-check but, anyway…….I did improve for a while later in the summer. But then mid-September the diarrhea, fatigue and other symptoms worsened again. My doctor put me back on the Diflucan, for 60 days this time. I have continued on the strict diet, which I have never deviated from since I first learned of the candida in May. I must mention that in July I had testing done through Metametrix which showed very high levels of clostridial species (1.50–30X what the normal quantity should be). I had c. diff. 17 years ago so my doctor suspects that it was never sufficiently cleared from my system. Perhaps why I got sick again in the first place?? Anyway, my body is really beaten down at this point and I am having a lot of difficulty getting over this “hump” even with the Diflucan. I’m even wondering if I’ve built up a resistance to it–is that possible? It just does not seem to be working!! I still have ringworm on my face, thrush on the back of my tongue, vaginal discharge and I’ve been on the Diflucan for 5 weeks now. If it was working wouldn’t these symptoms be gone by now? Another thing I am concerned about is that my chiropractor has informed me that I have developed Crohn’s disease, fibromyalgia, and Hashimoto’s thryroiditis. None of these are any surprise to me. I have a large lump on my thyroid, have muscle and joint pain that often keeps me awake at night, incredible fatigue, and diarrhea that has not been controlled even with saccharomyces boulardii and 900 CFU prescription probiotics! I am also worried about the possibility of diabetes. I have many of the symptoms and have been a “borderline diabetic” for years. Oh, almost forgot to mention: another suspicious symptom that has developed: enlarged and spontaneously bursting blood vessels. Bloodwork showed that my d-dimer score was elevated so I made a trip to the hospital on Friday to check for clotting in my legs. I was relieved that they didn’t find any but still wondering what this is all about. Might I mention that I am a 41-year old 120 pound female who, until a year ago when I lost the ability to do so, exercised regularly. I really hate that my body is in this condition. So, I’m not really sure what to do at this point. My doctors (meaning my holistic practitioner and chiropractor—I won’t see traditional MD anymore after my experiences with them!) keep telling me that I just “need to be patient” but that’s really hard to do when things seem to be getting worse instead of better! My holistic MD says that I need to have my amalgam fillings removed (I do have a lot of them). But that would be extremely expensive and I don’t want to be out the money if that wouldn’t really solve the problem. Can I get someone’s opinion on this? Has anyone had this done and experienced a significant difference in their health? My chiropractor seems to think that all of my problems, including the yeast and c. diff., will be eradicated through acupuncture. I’m having trouble wrapping my mind around that. Again, I’m willing to do it but don’t want to be out the money if it doesn’t make any difference. So, any advice, recommendations, suggestions, and even prayers at this point would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Hi,
    You need to TARGET the intestines. Diflucan isn’t effective for this. Is the Clostridium that showed up in your test a pathogenic strain ?? There are many strains of Clostridiums that aren’t pathogenic.
    Your case is complex and you need to think about an integral protocol. These are the things I think you should consider:
    1- A whole low carbohydrate and low sugar diet long term.
    2- Aerobics
    3- Amalgam replacement and a chelation protocol.
    4- Non absorbed antifungals that target the intestines.
    5- Consider a Fecal Transplant.

Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Chele.

Have you been and are you still taking a probiotic? If so, which one and at what amount are you taking? Are you drinking homemade kefir on a daily basis?

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can Candida cause Fibromyalgia, Crohn's, etc.?’ is closed to new replies.