Can candida be cured by probiotics and digestive enzymes alone?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can candida be cured by probiotics and digestive enzymes alone?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

andrewmezzo
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 17

I’m currently using ProSynbiotic(S.Boulardii, L.paracasei, L.casei, L.acidophilus, LA-5, and Bifidobacterium) 4Billion CFU three capsules daily. and Multizyme(Digestive enzymes) 1 per meal. I have been on this regimen for about a month now along with the diet.

Should I be taking antifungals regularly as well? I’ve been on and off raw garlic cloves and GSE. I do get some die-off symptoms from garlic cloves (terrible), and GSE somewhat. I’m just really going at my own pace here.

Is it possible to get rid of my overgrowth by simply using my probiotic blend, digestive enzymes, and dietary supplements alone without antifungals? Because I feel like the antifungals just make me feel so ill and that without them I am still experiencing minor die-off symptoms.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I would say yes, in my experience, but it really depends on how long you have had your candida for, an how bad it is.

I say this because before I knew what this was, they were treating me for GERD (lol…this is so NOT GERD)
    I was eating antacids like crazy.

This happened a few years ago, and it actually went away on its own,no help at all (because I didnt know it was candida).

Came back recently, as I know now what it is…but had I known THEN, and maybe treated it a little more aggressively than nothing at all, then I might not be suffering with it now.

looking forward to other’s answers on this.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You’ll likely need to focus on specific methods for best results. In order to find a cure with probiotics, you’ll need human derived strains. There is one company that makes a human derived probiotic in the US, its called HMF neuro.

What you might want to focus on is a biofilm protocol, an anti-inflammatory protocol, or a boulardii protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;54006 wrote: You’ll likely need to focus on specific methods for best results. In order to find a cure with probiotics, you’ll need human derived strains. There is one company that makes a human derived probiotic in the US, its called HMF neuro.

What you might want to focus on is a biofilm protocol, an anti-inflammatory protocol, or a boulardii protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

-raster

What exactly does human-derived mean?
    I took it to mean strains that are found naturally in the human body, but im realizing now thats not what it means 🙂

andrewmezzo

Since I have been on this regiment for about a full month now with major improvement. Should I just finish it off with a few doses of antifungals or keep at it for another month? Since my probiotic blend already includes S.Boulardii the antifungals would just counteract the purpose of S.boulardii.

raster
    Participant

Human derived means its cultured from humans…

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;54023 wrote: Human derived means its cultured from humans…

-raster

Ah okay. Makes sense 🙂

Im not going to ask how. Im good. lol.

Vegan Catlady

andrewmezzo;54020 wrote: Since I have been on this regiment for about a full month now with major improvement. Should I just finish it off with a few doses of antifungals or keep at it for another month? Since my probiotic blend already includes S.Boulardii the antifungals would just counteract the purpose of S.boulardii.

Hmmm….this might be a jump, but doesnt S.Boulardii secrete capric acid?if so, would it be okay to do coconut oil?
    Maybe the lauric acid would undo all your good?

andrewmezzo

Vegan Catlady;54026 wrote:

Since I have been on this regiment for about a full month now with major improvement. Should I just finish it off with a few doses of antifungals or keep at it for another month? Since my probiotic blend already includes S.Boulardii the antifungals would just counteract the purpose of S.boulardii.

Hmmm….this might be a jump, but doesnt S.Boulardii secrete capric acid?if so, would it be okay to do coconut oil?
    Maybe the lauric acid would undo all your good?

I will probably stick to the Boulardii for another month, if i still haven’t fully got my candida under control I will start adding some coconut oil and other antifungals into my regimen.

raster
    Participant

If you take boulardii you won’t want to take any antifungals because the antifungals will kill the boulardii.

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can candida be cured by probiotics and digestive enzymes alone?’ is closed to new replies.