can buckwheat groat feed candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions can buckwheat groat feed candida

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

myriam
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hello,

I am a bit lost, I need some help please.

I started the ultimate candida diet 8 weeks ago, I ‘ve seen some improvement (less bloated, less often constipated, rash are not as violent as they use to be) which is good. But I still have rash on my face (less severe but still pretty itchy). I was wondering if it could be the die-off symptoms or the fact that I started to eat regularly buckwheat groat or maybe another “allowed” food that I regularly eat without knowing that it can feed my candida and trigger rash?

As I do lot of sport vegetables and proteins are not enough, I still feel very weak, I have no energy and still feel very tired even after 8 weeks of eating healthy food. Can someone gives me some advise ?

thank you for your help
    Myriam

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

I haven’t tried buckwheat. Could you try soaking the buckwheat with water and some fresh lemon juice before cooking and see if that makes a difference?

Have you tried any other grain or pseudograin?

myriam
    Participant

Hi Jaumeb,

thank you for your reply.

I will try this way. But the first time I have eaten buckwheat I had a strong reaction, I felt very bad.
    I also eat quinoa but it happened exactly the same as with buckwheat. Now I don’t have strong reaction but I continuously have rash but I am not sure it is related.
    The thing is that I need to eat some carbs otherwise I feel so weak that’s why I have not tried yet to stop quinoa and buckwheat as they are in the “allowed food” list

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its hard to say if rash on face is from a specific food or not. I recommend everyone try out each food for a week with it and a week without it to see if there is any difference. Buckwheat is generally safe for the diet but each person has different allergies.

Skin problems in general are related to deficiencies in stomach acid and bodies inability to detox via the liver. If the liver is overburdened, the body detoxes via other methods such as skin or the lungs.

-raster

myriam
    Participant

Hi Raster,

thank you for your reply.
    I will try what you suggested. I am currently taking milk thistle to help my liver. Maybe I just need to be patient.

Also after 8 weeks, is it wise to re-introduce rice ?
    Can you please advise me : what can I do about feeling weak with no energy even after 8 weeks of this diet ? Is it normal ? Since the beginning I am taking supplement as Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D.

thanks a lot for your help

Myriam

Jaumeb
    Participant

I eat brown rice, potatoes and lentils. I haven’t tried the grains and pseudograins that are allowed in the diet yet.

myriam
    Participant

How long have you been doing the diet ? Have you eaten them since the beginning ?
    I have not introduced them yet, I will next week

Jaumeb
    Participant

It’s hard to answer because I have been trying different things over the years. My diet has been evolving. I haven’t tried the specific diet in this site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘can buckwheat groat feed candida’ is closed to new replies.