Caffeine- what's wrong with a cup of coffee???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Caffeine- what's wrong with a cup of coffee???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie R 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

Can anyone explain why coffee is a no-no ?I have experienced the headaches after having one , having given it up about a week ago, I’d just like to know why

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

It boosts the growth/multiplication of the yeast. Kind of like steroid drugs would. You could say that caffeine “feeds” the yeast. Bummer to avoid all kinds of yummy food trying to starve yeast just to turn around and feed it again with coffee, you know? That’s why it’s not allowed on the diet. I had to wean myself gradually even though I only drank one cup of coffee a day. I hadn’t been completely caffeine free for a while, so I decreased my daily amount until I was totally off it around day 10.

Hope this helps you out 🙂

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

Interesting what you say about being weaned off so quickly, the same has happened to me, I’m now on Day 10 and am managing to resist the aroma of coffee now! Thanks for your post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Caffeine- what's wrong with a cup of coffee???’ is closed to new replies.