cacao

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TalAd 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

chausse112
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 17

Would cacao be alright during the diet phase? It has no sugar, but is a bean.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

chausse112 wrote: Would cacao be alright during the diet phase? It has no sugar, but is a bean.

We’ve never advocated the intake of cacao during the Candida treatment.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Trying to find more treats, eh? Most of the good tasting stuff is unhealthy from my experience. Cacao is also inflammatory.

-raster

chausse112

raster wrote: Trying to find more treats, eh? Most of the good tasting stuff is unhealthy from my experience. Cacao is also inflammatory.

-raster

An inflammatory? Please explain how so. Oh and yesss! cacao green smoothies are actually one of my personal favorites.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Certain foods are inflammatory to the gut while certain foods are anti-inflammatory to the gut, or close to neutral.

While this refers to candies, I believe it still applies:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/10636/2

-raster

chausse112

raster wrote: Certain foods are inflammatory to the gut while certain foods are anti-inflammatory to the gut, or close to neutral.

While this refers to candies, I believe it still applies:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/10636/2

-raster

Raster, I am thinking we are not on the same page. Check out my link.

http://www.goodcausewellness.com/servlet/the-36/organic-raw-cacao-nibs/Detail

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

Cacao is BAD-one of,if not the highest,natural source of caffeine.I got addicted to raw cacao during my raw vegan phase last year-had to have raw cacao pudding with fresh almond milk,Goji berries,papaya and agave every day for awhile.Then it hit me that I was addicted to it..gave away all my bulk cacao as well as whole cacao beans (big stash lol) to my friend,under the condition that she not give her 2 year old daughter it! She is vegan and into the thinking that cacao is ok for kids.YIKES.Stay away from that poison!

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Tulip wrote: Cacao is BAD-one of,if not the highest,natural source of caffeine.I got addicted to raw cacao during my raw vegan phase last year-had to have raw cacao pudding with fresh almond milk,Goji berries,papaya and agave every day for awhile.Then it hit me that I was addicted to it..gave away all my bulk cacao as well as whole cacao beans (big stash lol) to my friend,under the condition that she not give her 2 year old daughter it! She is vegan and into the thinking that cacao is ok for kids.YIKES.Stay away from that poison!

What about the antioxidant in it?

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

princeofsin wrote:

Cacao is BAD-one of,if not the highest,natural source of caffeine.I got addicted to raw cacao during my raw vegan phase last year-had to have raw cacao pudding with fresh almond milk,Goji berries,papaya and agave every day for awhile.Then it hit me that I was addicted to it..gave away all my bulk cacao as well as whole cacao beans (big stash lol) to my friend,under the condition that she not give her 2 year old daughter it! She is vegan and into the thinking that cacao is ok for kids.YIKES.Stay away from that poison!

What about the antioxidant in it?

In my opinion the naturally (or unnaturally,unhealthy) high caffeine content of cacao outweighs any beneficial antioxidant qualities.Steer clear of that bean!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’m not sure how many plant antioxidants actually make it out of the gut. I did see one study where people eating no vegetables for 10-weeks had less oxidative stress and DNA damage. I’m not sure if there are any proving cacao is effective in the bloodstream. It does have benefits, like incredibly high mineral content and strong prebiotic properties, but the high caffeine and iron content would make me reconsider. 85% cacao choc usually gives me a headache…

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Javizy wrote: 85% cacao choc usually gives me a headache…

Me too, it makes me spin until I eat something to level it out, & I used to drink between 2-4 cups of expresso per day (which is the thing I miss the most being on this diet).

princeofsin
    Replies: 224

So bascially any type of chocolate is not good for your health and if so what is an alternative?

TalAd
    Participant
    Replies: 4

Jeez, you people for real?
    Everywhere I search “cacao” online I come across “ANTI-INFLAMMATORY”.
    If that doesnt do it for you, my wife, who is a naturopath for over 10 years now, also says the same.
    Who told you its inflammatory? show your sources.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cacao’ is closed to new replies.