cabbage and candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions cabbage and candida

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mandy 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mandy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all

I need help clarifying cabbage on the candida diet purely because since eating it I’ve had a lot of flatulence (sorry to be graphic). Basically I’m very worried that due to experiencing flatulence I’ve fed the candida somehow!

I’ve been following the diet strictly and since Tuesday have managed to lose 3lbs. I’m sticking to low carb foods and protein. I was so surprised on the Tuesday (day one)how weak I became, runny nose, mild headache, blurry vision. I thought surely just by eating salads, cutting carbs like potatoes my body shouldn’t be reacting this way. Just goes to show how unhealthy my diet was. I seemed to be craving a lot of sugar and carb type foods too. The cravings have now gone.

On Wednesday I bought some Pau d’arco tablets 500mg and started taking 2 twice a day. Boy did the headaches start.

Thursday I ate a fair bit of cabbage as well as other protein (chicken) etc on diet. I couldn’t take the second lot of 2 tablets in the evening of Pau d’arco as my nausea and headache was too bad. However, after eating cabbage I started experiencing major flatulence and tummy rumbles, which has panicked me into thinking I’ve multiplied the candida!!

I’ve looked on countless websites and they all say that cabbage is good for you on the candida. I was quite constipated Wednesday and have managed to go to the loo today(sorry graphical detail again). Usually I eat bran flakes but have stopped this and switched to porridge/soya milk which doesn’t help me so much. Am thinking about changing to all bran as it is lower carb.

Also am wondering if the headaches could be just a bad reaction to Pau d’arco rather than a detox. Am worried about taking them as they made me feel so bad.

Thanks for any responses 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Cabbage will not feed the Candida, but it does feed the beneficial bacteria in the colon. During the process of digesting such foods as cabbage, gas is produced, and this is especially noticeable if the digestion is off balance – as is usually the case with Candida infestations. A product by the name of Grape Bitters can be purchased to aid digestion. Take half a dropper full of the liquid bitters instead of the recommended dosage. There are posts on the forum explaining this.

The diet as well as the Pau d’arco could be producing some die-off symptoms, this could explain the headaches.

Able

mandy

Just want to add that I’m now feeling very emotional and want to cry due to diet.

My back is now also beginning to ache and usually like in the past I have to take a thrush pessary to get rid of the backpain. When I go the the loo I have a faint ache afterwards like when I have cystitis but am beginning to think it is thrush. The pessary always stopped the back pain and reduced my bloated stomach. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong for this to flare up.

Ironically even though I feel like this my stomach is the flatest it has been in a long time.

Personally am on the verge of jacking it all in. I feel terrible and the low carb diet is making me feel crap.

Thanks for listening.

mandy

Thanks Able for putting my mind at rest about cabbage. I was worried that the fermented cabbage in my stomach along with constipation was creating carbohydrate sugars and candida were feeding off it. Im glad the hard work hasn’t been reversed by a poor decision.

Can’t understand why I have the back pain now though. I keep drinking water which does seem to help for a bit. I had back pain a couple of weeks ago and the pessary cured it. I had this back pain for a while last year and thought it was my awful mattress! Bought a new one and now realise it was thrush or perhaps cystitis. I tend to suffer from both and rotate between the two with the doc prescribing antibiotics all the time.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mandy wrote: Personally am on the verge of jacking it all in. I feel terrible and the low carb diet is making me feel crap.

“Jacking it all” as you say is really up to you and no one else. But you might try to remember that you’re not the only one to go through this, many, many Candida sufferers before you have stayed on the diet while going through exactly what you are, and in fact managed to cure their Candida infestation.

Bearberry is the same herb as uva ursi, so an herb with either name could possibly help the Cystitis. Do not take this along with a medication or another herb, and please discuss taking this herb with your physician before using it.

Able

mandy

Well after a terrible morning the back pain seems to be easing off. I can only assume this is due to toxic die off overnight in my kidneys and lack of water. I’m feeling much healthier in myself but tired.

I’ve halted the Pau d’arco for now to take stock as I feel too much was dying off and overloading my kidneys.

Thanks for your responses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cabbage and candida’ is closed to new replies.