Business travel – The Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Business travel – The Candida Diet

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Funbuzz1
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 9

I will be traveling next week. The first thing that comes to mind is that I need a plan to honor the commitment I have made to myself no matter what my circumstances are.

This is the start of my plan. What are some other ways I can prepare myself to face the odds?

I called the hotel where I will be staying, they don’t have refrigerators in the rooms. But they do have refrigerators available on a first come first serve basis. I’m attending a convention and all of the hotels in the area are sold out which means there will be a high demand for fridges in rooms at this hotel. I reserved a fridge and I asked them to note on my reservation that its for medical reasons.

What to take on the plane:
    Hard boiled egg
    Salad loaded with green veggies
    Lemon, EVOO and herb dressing already on the salad so I don’t have to waste time clearing the liquid at security
    Single Serving of supps
    I haven’t started my Kefir yet so not an issue but I would be interested to hear how people manage to travel with it.

What to pack in my suitcase:
    I tend to travel very light. I would like to keep it that way however I am sorely tempted to pack my vitamix machine. It would make life so much easier because I can blend and heat the veggies at the same time and preserve their nutrients. I will only be gone for three days on this trip so I might just leave it home this time around.

My supplements
    Dehydrated Green Bean Snacks
    Dried Herb Medley for my salads and to sprinkle on my veggies when I eat at a restaurant
    Himalayan Sea Salt
    Coconut Oil
    Dandelion Tea and Nettle Tea
    Silver wear set
    Wooden spoons
    Small plastic bowl and plate
    Paring knife

What to buy once I’m there:
    Because this is a business convention trip trip the meal breaks are time sensitive and I will be dining with a large group of people and somewhat limited on where we eat. The location is a city where it isn’t necessary to have a car which also limits the restaurant choices to whatever is within a short taxi ride or walking distance.

I went online and found a whole foods market within six miles of the hotel. Once I arrive at the hotel I will head to Whole Foods and buy my olive oil, organic veggies, lemons, limes and organic hard boiled eggs. And I will buy a case of water.

There is a Target next to Whole Foods. If I don’t take my vitamix machine I might buy an inexpensive single burner cook plate and an inexpensive pot or a vegetable steamer. That way I will have a way to steam and heat my vegetables in the room. If I have room in my suitcase I will bring the small appliances home, otherwise I will donate them to someone on the housekeeping staff. Also I will buy the plastic disposable containers so that I can take my veggies with me when we go out to eat.

That’s all that comes to mind right now as far as planning for this trip. For those of you on the strict diet who have read the post to this point, is there anything I have missed?

fixme
    Participant
    Replies: 101

Stay strong. You sound so committed despite the extra complications 🙂
    Those green bean snacks sound good. You could pack some bran muffins- I posted the recipe in the snacks section. You can bring them practically anywhere.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I traveled a lot while I was on the treatment. My staple foods were salads, boiled eggs, and I always took a freshly baked loaf of coconut flour/oat bran bread along. I also stayed in hotels with small refrigerators, and the hotels were always happy to supply me with a full day’s worth of boiled eggs every morning. As far as restaurants were concerned, I always managed to find a salad someplace.

I don’t think you’ll have a problem if you just remain careful.
    Able

Funbuzz1

fixme;35367 wrote: Stay strong. You sound so committed despite the extra complications 🙂
    Those green bean snacks sound good. You could pack some bran muffins- I posted the recipe in the snacks section. You can bring them practically anywhere.

The deydrated grean beans are really good. If you like okra, they are also very good dehydrated and it provides a nice solid substance for an avacado, cucmber and dill dip. Thanks for the encouragement. I am having a great time with the strict diet. Attitude is everything!

Funbuzz1

Able900;35368 wrote: I traveled a lot while I was on the treatment. My staple foods were salads, boiled eggs, and I always took a freshly baked loaf of coconut flour/oat bran bread along. I also stayed in hotels with small refrigerators, and the hotels were always happy to supply me with a full day’s worth of boiled eggs every morning. As far as restaurants were concerned, I always managed to find a salad someplace.

I don’t think you’ll have a problem if you just remain careful.
    Able

How do you travel with Kefir? Seems like it wouldn’t pack well in a suitcase and the liquid isn’t going to pass security.

Funbuzz1

Funbuzz1;35377 wrote:

Stay strong. You sound so committed despite the extra complications 🙂

The deydrated grean beans are really good. If you like okra, they are also very good dehydrated and it provides a nice solid substance for an avacado, cucmber and dill dip. Thanks for the encouragement. I am having a great time with the strict diet. Attitude is everything!

I will look for the recipe thanks. I haven’t ventured into the breads yet. I had a disagreement with coconut flower before I started the cleanse and the flour won. I didn’t realize coconut was an anti-fungal and I ate two coconut flour pancakes cooked in coconut oil and had flashbacks of the late hours of a great full dead concert.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Lol! Flashbacks with coconut bread!! I understand, I had problems the first time with coconut bread as well. You might want to try Able’s big load recipe. I do it with coconut flour, bob’s red mill oat bran, and ghee. You could do it with coconut oil. It is very rich and filling. It has helped me a lot!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I’m going to visit my cousin in LA next week and I’m starting to freak out as well. He has an apartment with a kitchen, but no blender or anything either. I think I’m going to bring my immersion blender, even though it kind of sucks, and I might just end up purchasing a cheap food processor or blender and leaving it there. I’ve made a meal plan, packing list, and shopping list for the week. I will be packing a lot of herbs as well, bringing hard boiled eggs and avocado for the plane. It sucks because I can’t tolerate salads very well. My digestion is still quite poor and raw veggies just don’t do it for me.

I’m also definitely pre-baking a loaf of coconut bread, a batch of garlic biscuits, and a batch of cinnamon muffins to take with me, as well as a container of homemade granola. I’m going to go to Whole Foods as soon as I arrive to stock up for the week.

Stupid TSA and not being able to take liquid on the plane! 🙁 I’m going to leave kefir and bitters at home 🙁 And just hope for the best, get some Nancy’s kefir or something at the store so I at least have *something*.

If you want my whole list of meals and packing I can send it in a private message.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hey Alex,

You should consider taking bitters or digestive enzymes with you. Herb Farm makes a small tincture bottle of bitters you can get it at New Seasons and digestive enzymes are solid pills. I consider the digestive aids to be very important while traveling. I always end up eating something I shouldn’t while traveling, even if it’s as simple as a tomato, I like to have my digestive aids handy.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

mrs.candida;35396 wrote: Hey Alex,

You should consider taking bitters or digestive enzymes with you. Herb Farm makes a small tincture bottle of bitters you can get it at New Seasons and digestive enzymes are solid pills. I consider the digestive aids to be very important while traveling. I always end up eating something I shouldn’t while traveling, even if it’s as simple as a tomato, I like to have my digestive aids handy.

Yeah, I might just get some hcl pills…all the bitters at new seasons have alcohol in them. Or I might just find a tiny bottle and pour some of mine into it to pack with my liquids. :p

And yeah, it’s my birthday while I’m gone so…I might end up having a very, very small cheat… 😡

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

YAY! ALex Have a very Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the tip on the bitters, I have a bottle of them tucked away somewhere and was planning on taking them with me to Paris next week.
    I’ll have to decide if the alcohol is worth it. I might just go for it and finish it off, since I’m not drinking it, just coating my taste buds.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Business travel – The Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.