Burping after soup

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Burping after soup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TheXtremisT 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

The burping I get after eating a veggie soup consisting of mainly broccoli, cauliflowers, Brussels sprouts, celery, leeks, etc. is bad, to the point where I regurgitate full mouth of the soup. Is this necessarily due to HCl deficiency or could this be because of something else?

Could this also be because of SIBO? I’m not sure I have it but the fact that I don’t get better on this diet makes me think perhaps I have it and we know that SIBO feeds on fiber..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think its likely related to HCL which is a common problem with candida sufferers. There is a simple baking soda test you can do:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

lead
    Participant
    Replies: 30

What is interesting is how I did not react to about 35-40 Betaine HCl capsules.. (about 650 mg each). I know it is not a great idea to try taking that much but I needed to know how bad I am but now I don’t know if this means that I’m extremely bad (I really don’t feel like I’m that bad) or that I’m the kind of a person who doesn’t really react to the overuse of Betaine HCl like the guy Steven Wright from the scdlifestyle website. He said in one of the comments:

“There appears to be a group of non-burn responders (I’m one). I was able to take up to 20 pills w no sensation at all. For those who don’t feel it, it’s best to gauge everything by symptom change. In my case I got the same benefit at 7-8 pills as I did when I tried well above 10. And from talking with lots of colleagues it appears best to not stray higher than 10. Instead focus on finding benefits below 10 per day.”

-Steven Wright from scdlifestyle.com

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Replies: 126

The last quote says 10 per day, but the full passage refers to 10 in one go. Which does it mean?

I notice I get a lot of gas and discomfort when I took 3 per meal, which means 12 per day for me. I reduced the doseage, and hardly have any now. It was slightly better for a couple of week on using just swedish bitters but even when I have one a day or 2 I get the same symptoms the next day.

I’m wondering if it’s die-off through the acidity killing the candida, despite working at a similar dose for months. I believe I lapsed and they came back in full numbers which is why I have die off again.

I need to start digestive enzymes, my food just sits in my stomach for a while, and I can’t rely on swedish bitters wholly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Burping after soup’ is closed to new replies.