Burns when urinating

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Burns when urinating

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

I had this problem several times in the past and now after 6 weeks on the diet I am experiencing it yet again. I noticed it first came on after sex a few days ago even though I used a condom. Been with the same partner happily married for 16 years so I am positive its not a std. Last time I had this problem my dr tested me for a UTI and it was negative but of course he still prescribed antibiotics. I only took them for a day or two until it cleared up and then it was gone.

I’m thinking it has to be a reaction to something that I ate. Like a fool over the weekend I cheated on the diet and had some brunswick stew and a few corn sticks from a local restaurant. I also started taking swedish bitters and garlic pills last week but I doubt those are causing it since I have had this problem before in the past.

I drink nothing but bottled water and noticed today my urine is a lot darker than usual. I am also getting a pain from my lower abdomen down to my right testical. I have had this before in the past too though not lately. Now onto my question, I still have some of the antibiotics left from last time. I know they are bad for us but honestly I don’t want this to go to the extreme that it did the last time. I was in pain for almost a week, felt like I constantly had to pee and then nothing would come out. Finally broke down and went to the dr and the antibiotics cured it in a day.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you have to take the antibiotics, probiotics are the ticket to get through it with the least amount of trouble. Let me know exactly what you’re taking now in the way of a probiotic.

You’ll want to take the probiotics at least 2 to 3 hours before and 2 to 3 hours after an antibiotic to be sure you’re getting the full benefit of both. If you take them together you’ll just cancel out the probiotic because the antibiotics will destroy them.

You’ll want to do the same thing with kefir if you’re using it, which you really should be.

A natural option is cranberry extract capsules or pure powder. Cranberry works in part by preventing bacteria from adhering to the bladder. The condensed tannins or proanthocyanidins adhere to the tiny hairs of the bacterial surface, changing the structure of the bacteria and preventing bacteria from implanting in the bladder wall. Researchers discovered chemical changes caused by cranberry juice create an energy barrier that keeps the bacteria from getting close to the urinary tract lining in the first place.

Able

89Mirageman

Thanks Able, I will wait until tomorrow and hope this all passes before taking the anitbiotics again. I really don’t want to have to take them.

Also while searching on the net I found something called candida prostatitis. Looking at the symptoms I think this could quite possibly be the cause of my lower abdomen pain. Have you ever heard of this before?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve had both the burning sensations that you are mentioning and they are very typical symptoms you get when fighting candida.

After 3-4 months on the diet, they both went away completely (for me). I occasionally get a slight burn now, but not very often.

You also might want to consider anti-inflammatory foods or supplements…but I bet the cranberry extract idea is a better.

I hope you don’t experience the burn much longer.

-Raster

89Mirageman

Thank God after a lot of prayer the pain and dark urine went away. Still have the slight pain going from my admomen down to the right testical though. Worse when sitting. Raster, do you remember experiencing this as well?

I wonder now if it was indeed a reaction to anything I ate. After thinking about it more the pain actually started before I cheated on the diet so who knows?

raster
    Participant

I had pains after “getting off” but not anytime other than that. If you have severe pain normally throughout the day, it’d be best to get it checked out by a doctor or naturopath if it persists for a long time over a week.

I know I had problems with my colon and galbladder, but no testicle problems other than when I “got off.”

-Raster

89Mirageman

How long did your pain linger around for? Like I said I have had this happen maybe 6-8 times in the past few years but this is the first time in a while since I’ve been on the diet. I can already tell its better and going away.

One more thing that I have noticed. I’ve been belching and my stomach aches. The more I think about it, it has to be from cheating on the diet this past weekend because I haven’t felt this bad in months. I’ve also had a terrible case of dry mouth for some reason and feel lightheaded when I stand up fast. I guess if I ever needed confirmation that what I was eating was making me sick I now have it.

raster
    Participant

The burn for me would last 30mins to an hour or so at the most. If you are noticing symptoms after cheating, then this is your body letting you know that it isn’t a good thing to eat.

89Mirageman

Here is the link I was talking about? I wonder if this could be the cause of pain in my lower abdomen down to the right testical?

http://www.mycandidacleanse.com/is-prostatitis-a-form-of-candida/

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster wrote: The burn for me would last 30mins to an hour or so at the most. If you are noticing symptoms after cheating, then this is your body letting you know that it isn’t a good thing to eat.

Hi raster,
    I know that I was not cheating but today I was surprised to find out that my urin burned like hell. I started to pee and thought oh, my urine burns…what is that. Than the pain got stronger and stronger… until I thought I coulnt finish the job. Then after i finished the pain was over.

What is that? I didnt cheat at all! First time I get that reaction. And I have to say that I have for couple of days bad symptoms going around in my body. Have even diarrhoea, feeling of palpitation, attacks of depression and then lifting again, stomach pain going and coming. For two days it quite ok in the stomach but now it turns on the urine. What is that merry go round of symptoms. How did you got out of that raster? The trouble is that I dont find a pattern so I can understand it.

cheers
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas wrote: I know that I was not cheating but today I was surprised to find out that my urin burned like hell. I started to pee and thought oh, my urine burns …what is that. Than the pain got stronger and stronger… until I thought I coulnt finish the job. Then after i finished the pain was over. What is that?

89Mirageman’s link (above) concerned prostatitis being a cause of the burning sensation during urination. Candida is rarely implicated as being the cause of prostatitis, but of course it does occur occasionally. Considering everyone with this problem on the forum has Candida (assuming), there’s a better chance that a mild UTI (urinary tract infection) is the problem since these are so common with a Candida infestation, and the symptoms are basically the same.

For this type of infection the remedy is usually an antibiotic, however, there is a natural remedy that has shown fantastic results. This natural supplement is cranberry extract which comes in capsules or pure powder forms. Cranberry works in part by preventing bacteria from adhering to the bladder. The condensed tannins or proanthocyanidins adhere to the tiny hairs of the bacterial surface, changing the structure of the bacteria and preventing bacteria from implanting in the bladder wall. Researchers discovered chemical changes caused by cranberry extract create an energy barrier that keeps the bacteria from getting close to the urinary tract lining in the first place.

Able

89Mirageman

Well I went to see my Doctor today for a regular checkup. I was nervous but I mentioned candida to him. He said the last time that I was there when I had the burning sensation while peeing they sent my sample to the lab and checked for yeast and everything came back fine.

He goes on to write me yet another prescription for Doxycycline Hyclate, another antibiotic. Which I won’t be filling by the way. As the nurse was taking my blood I was talking to her and she’s like, you’re not dehydrated are you? This got me to thinking because stupid me has been doing enemas to help with the constipation. I thought back and I had done one on Friday night, the pain/burning started the next morning after sex. Not only that but the week I had my wisdom teeth out I was not eating or drinking like I should have because I felt so bad.

Now I’m wondering if maybe this could be a separate issue? Because like I explained to her I have also been getting weak/dizzy while standing this past week and had dry mouth which is another sign of being dehydrated. My urine also showed keytones today even though my blood sugars have been perfect for probably 6 months or so.

The more I look into everything or the harder I try the worse it gets or so it seems.

Able900
    Spectator

89Mirageman wrote: As the nurse was taking my blood I was talking to her and she’s like, you’re not dehydrated are you?

Your urine is very concentrated without enough water to dilute it because it’s full of ammonia; when ammonia is that concentrated in the urine it can burn like hell.

I’m sure we all assumed that you were drinking plenty of water, considering the diet and entire protocol calls for “lots” of water during the entire treatment.

Able

89Mirageman

Yes, I usually drink plenty of water. But like I said, thinking back this was shortly after the wisdom teeth came out and I wasn’t eating or drinking much that week. Then the enema I’m sure took a lot out of me too. I’ll start drinking a bunch today and see if I can’t get hydrated again.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote:

As the nurse was taking my blood I was talking to her and she’s like, you’re not dehydrated are you?

Your urine is very concentrated without enough water to dilute it because it’s full of ammonia; when ammonia is that concentrated in the urine it can burn like hell.

I’m sure we all assumed that you were drinking plenty of water, considering the diet and entire protocol calls for “lots” of water during the entire treatment.

Able

Able, what can be the roots of a person having to much ammonia? Do you remember when i had this horrible vibration in the body and the panic attack. You told me that it was probably because I was eating too much meat and the liver could not handle all the toxins because of the lot of ammonia. Now I am really strict on the died and dont eat meat at all only little wild salmon. Now I wonder if I might still have too much ammonia floating around in my body? If that would be true, why could that be?

thanks
    thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Burns when urinating’ is closed to new replies.