buckwheat pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions buckwheat pancakes

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Anyone know how not to make buckwheat pancakes so dry? I use some butter and coconut spread but still dry. I can’t have syrup of course

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Anyone know about “stevia syrup?

Ingredients: Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) (leaf extract) (Supplying 80% steviosides), Glycerine, Water, and Natural Flavor

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I use a lot of coconut oil. I guess I also never really ate much syrup on my pancakes to begin with.

(You should also probably not be using butter or coconut spread that’s not just coconut oil if you are on the strict diet, FYI)

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

It seems like it might be kinda good to cut up a vanilla bean and infuse it in warmed coconut oil for a while, then use the oil as a topping?

moochpb

Ok thanks. I’ll try the coconut oil on top. My metabolism is off the charts and I’m starving every two hours. My naturalpath said I need to add butter at times, coconut butter and almond butter. I’m 5 10 131 pounds on the diet, it’s not a healthy weight. Just will take a little longer to heal. I just have flora imbalance. But I excpect a year of treatment. I’ll look at stevia syrup

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Once you’re allowed coconut milk, you could try that sweetened with stevia. It’ll be different, but maybe not bad?

moochpb

I do use coconut milk when we make the coconut cake, I like that stevia idea. That might taste good. Thanks

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I just tried this cake recipe and it’s the first coconut flour baked good I’ve had that wasn’t too dry. I was out of olive oil so I used all coconut.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5954_Coconut-Cake-MUST-TRY.aspx

I will be making this again and again.

moochpb

just made some tonight but Ill add some of your ingredients. Its a great cake with nothing bad in it for us

alexalgebra

Your weight will work itself out. I think it’s more important to stay strict on the diet than to worry about your weight. Just keep eating coconut oil on everything, eggs, etc. I am 5’6″ and probably down to almost 115 right now, was 130 or so before I started the diet a little over a month ago, but now that I’ve started eating coconut bread and so forth, I’m actually getting enough calories.

moochpb

I’m eating meat, veggies, eggs, kefir, yogurt sprinkled with cinnomon, coconut cake, rolled oats, sometimes some almond butter. I m doing about 8 tablespoons of coconut oil working my way up slowly. Most I ever weighed was 143 at 31 yrs old. Whole family is skinny. My diet was terrible, I’d finish 8 white castles then ice cream after. I’d love to have that now lol.

alexalgebra

Yeah, with all of that I wouldn’t really worry about your weight too much. It will work itself out as you get more healthy 🙂

moochpb

Ok thank you, I have a little bit of a cold I feel like I’m getting, but I’m pumping vitamin c, probiotics and echinacea. My fiancé feels it too but I can handle a cold just not turning into a sinus infection. We will see

alexalgebra

It also could be die-off…kinda feels the same :p I have been getting that too, eating vitamin c like freakin candy over here, LOL!

moochpb

Lol. True it can be some die off, started gse on Thursday, just introduced olive leaf extract again on Saturday. Plus just coconut oil, could be minor die off. But vitamin c is my best friend right now. I had major die off more them a month ago it was awful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘buckwheat pancakes’ is closed to new replies.