Buckwheat Garlic Herb Biscuits

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Buckwheat Garlic Herb Biscuits

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Buckwheat Garlic Herb “Biscuits”

1/2c buckwheat flour
    2 flax eggs
    1/4 cup water
    2-3 tbsp coconut oil
    2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (the more, the merrier!)
    garlic powder
    basil
    oregano
    parsley
    sea salt or Herbamare

Mix, bake at 375 for 7 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Use more of the herbs and garlic powder than you think you should. They are actually best after a day, so the flavors can meld.

LESNYC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

alexalgebra;33242 wrote: Buckwheat Garlic Herb “Biscuits”

1/2c buckwheat flour
    2 flax eggs
    1/4 cup water
    2-3 tbsp coconut oil
    2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (the more, the merrier!)
    garlic powder
    basil
    oregano
    parsley
    sea salt or Herbamare

Mix, bake at 375 for 7 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Use more of the herbs and garlic powder than you think you should. They are actually best after a day, so the flavors can meld.

Might try this today … or maybe cocobread. Ina super foul mood and the closest I’ve ever come to falling off the wagon after 2.5 weeks. Not sure what is up with this sudden withdrawal/junkie feeling. Probably emotional. Carbs say, “it’ll be alright.” And that’s exactly what I need.

Question – how soon can one start to eat snacks?

alexalgebra

Depends on what you mean by “snacks” 😉

If you’re following the strict diet, I think it’s 2-3 weeks in that you can start testing a few foods, one at a time, like buckwheat.

These are really good though, and the garlic is antifungal and the buckwheat is a prebiotic!

What I’ve been trying to remember is that for every carb or protein I have, I have to have at least twice as many veggies. I strive for 80% veggies, but if I can do 70/30 or 60/40 it’s still not too bad.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

So Alex, do you think I could use a little garlic power in this instead. I know that the garlic is good for you but the smell doesn’t agree with me. Would it make it not as tasty? Also, do you think I could use ghee instead of coconut oil? They sound great!

Katie

alexalgebra

Well, at this point I pretty much look at all food as medicine, so I am forcing myself to eat things even if I don’t like them as much as other things. Fortunately, I freakin’ LOVE these! But the recipe is formulated to be as beneficial to the body as possible. The garlic is a very strong anti-fungal, and using garlic powder would greatly reduce that. Swapping ghee for coconut oil would have the same effect, as coconut oil is also a strong anti-fungal and ghee is not.

(The flax is great fiber for sensitive intestines and the buckwheat is a prebiotic that also has a lot of fiber and protein to boot. The herbs just taste good 😉 )

So the answer is…yes, you can do whatever you want. Baking is an art, not a science, and it’s not too hard to swap things in a recipe and get a good result. However, if you make those changes, you will lose a fair bit of the health benefits, which is a bummer.

LESNYC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

Buckwheat Garlic Herb “Biscuits” (using eggs)

1/2c buckwheat flour
    1 eggs
    1/4 cup water
    2-3 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
    4 cloves of garlic pressed
    Pinch of baking powder (optional)
    basil
    oregano
    parsley
    Himalayan pink salt
    Herbamare

Mix, bake at 375 for 10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Use more of the herbs and garlic powder than you think you should. They are actually best after a day, so the flavors can meld.

Hey Alex! I just made these for the second time but used 1 real egg and more garlic cloves. I don’t know much about flax eggs so I figured this might help w/ the conversion. I used olive oil because I ran out of CO.

I think I’m addicted! 🙂

alexalgebra

LESNYC;34136 wrote: Buckwheat Garlic Herb “Biscuits” (using eggs)

1/2c buckwheat flour
    1 eggs
    1/4 cup water
    2-3 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
    4 cloves of garlic pressed
    Pinch of baking powder (optional)
    basil
    oregano
    parsley
    Himalayan pink salt
    Herbamare

Mix, bake at 375 for 10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Use more of the herbs and garlic powder than you think you should. They are actually best after a day, so the flavors can meld.

Hey Alex! I just made these for the second time but used 1 real egg and more garlic cloves. I don’t know much about flax eggs so I figured this might help w/ the conversion. I used olive oil because I ran out of CO.

I think I’m addicted! 🙂

Nice! I am making a double batch tonight 🙂 I’m scared of baknig powder because a lot of it has additives, so I’m trying to avoid it…I think I’m just used to things not having it at this point.

You should totally give the flax eggs a try, though! Flax is good for you for lots of reasons, but a big one is it helps your poop 😉 http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2011/10/how-to-make-a-flax-egg-for-vegan-baking-the-right-way/ has pictures and instructions on how to make them. If you have a spice or coffee grinder, just wash it out and grind fresh seeds in it (don’t buy the pre-ground, feh, it loses a lot of it’s nutritional value if it sits out too long after grinding anyway).

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

i just made these…omg, omg, omg. i used four cloves of garlic, my herbs were fresh from my backyard (thyme, oregano, basil, parsley, rosemary), i added black pepper, and i also added onion powder.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buckwheat Garlic Herb Biscuits’ is closed to new replies.