Buckwheat flour question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Buckwheat flour question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bmartling
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I just started the candida diet a week ago, and I’ve been making many of the different recipes and noticed that many of them contain buckwheat flour. It has been a good source of calories for me, but I read in the book that we are supposed to still limit buckwheat consumption, so how much is typically acceptable?

Nia
    Participant
    Replies: 46

It depends most people can tolerated it once a day some can have it once a month only.

If your body is ok with it I say why not as long as it’s clean.

I do not recommend grains if your seeking to address Candida no matter what grain it is molecular it becomes feed.

Bmartling
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the response. I try to exercise daily, so I am doing my best to keep my calorie intake up. What are the best sources of energy in your experience?

Edit: I’m also somewhat confused because the book states that buckwheat and similar pseudo grains are acceptable.

CuringMyGut
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

Buckwheat can be consumed during stage one, buckwheat is not a grain, but a flower seed. Quinoa contains sapines, which can cause a reaction, but I haven’t had any bad reations myself. But buckwheat is a better alternative.

Nia
    Participant
    Replies: 46

Everyone is different eat in respect to how your body feels. For me and many other grains even the “pseudo” grains whatever that means have been harmful even at stage one. Phytic acids is a compound in all grains seeds nuts and legumes alike to ensure it survives the digestive track to proliferate once it has been passed. So that compound in particular is very problematic and inflammatory. If I am not mistaken the food list provided by this site has been revamped from what I am told many things that where on the ok grains and seeds and nuts list no longer are

I prefer to double up on pea protein and the occasional carb up for energy but then again my body is trained to get energy from fats not carbs. I ate carbs only when needed it’s been 2 months since I had a carb outside of a vegetable type. As I follow a paleo type diet.

If the buckwheat is not an issue go for it. Best of luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buckwheat flour question’ is closed to new replies.