Buckwheat fajita

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fixme 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Ingredients

Torilla wrap:

100g Buckwheat flour

180ml water

Tbsp olive oil

Salt

Seasoning:

2 tsp chili powder

1 tsp paprika

¼ tsp garlic powder

½ tsp onion powder

¼ tsp cayenne

¼ tsp cumin

1 tsp salt

Fajita filling:

Chicken breast (optional)

Onion

Green Pepper

(other vegetables of choice)

Instructions:

First make the fajita wraps by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl, then placing to the side for at least 15 minutes. The mixture should be thick and runny. Cook the fajitas by heating oil in a pan and spooning mixture in, creating a thin circular layer at the bottom of the pan. Brown on both sides, remove and repeat.

Mix together all the seasoning in a small bowl and chop chicken and vegetables.

Begin frying the chicken if using until sealed.

Add the onion, pepper and seasoning and allow to cook until vegetables are tender.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Thanks Jo, will try them 🙂

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

i found a coconut fajita type wrap online tonight. it DOES have coconut water but otherwise it is made from coconut meat. anyone interested..here it is

http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=1848

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Hi Jo!

i want to make these for my bday tomorrow. What is 100g of buckwheat? how does that convert into something I can measure? Thanks!

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

About 3/4 cup, exact measures aren’t too important with the tortillas though don’t worry.

Happy birthday!

Jo

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Thanks for the fajita recipe.. don’t eat meat but I will use eggs instead for an vegetable egg burrito with red sesame oil
    Excited to try this 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Buckwheat fajita’ is closed to new replies.