Buckwheat Crackers- Made them tonight

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Buckwheat Crackers- Made them tonight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Faith 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/health/nutrition/03recipehealth.html

This is the link to the recipe I used. I didn’t use the ww flour, ap flour, or sesame seeds. I used 1 cup Buckwheat flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup oat bran(little bit more or less). I used my garlic seasoned olive oil also.

I tried my pasta press first! 😉 Ha, that was a good one! Shoulda known after trying to make soba noodles that the press wasn’t going to work.

I ended up just rolling them out on parchment paper and put them on a cookie sheet. Put some dough on parchment paper, then use a piece of plastic wrap to cover it while you roll it out. Make it MUCH EASIER, and it won’t stick to the rolling pin. Cut them up with a pizza roller, spread them out and baked them at 350.

The directions say 15-20 min until browned? How can you tell they’re browned? They ARE brown? Well, they were still softish, so I left them in longer(I turned them over too). I tired one about half way through, and they were lacking in flavor. So I brushed them with more garlic oil. This seemed to help a little.

After they were cooled, they were like a “hard” cracker. But man, after you get past the “is this good”? They actually were pretty good. I had some edge pieces that were rolled really thin, and those were way better. So next time I’m going to roll it out really thin! Maybe too I would try adding in some herbs, like rosemary or something?

Over all, pretty good. Nice snack to have. Nice change from my pancakes.
    Anyways, just thought I’d share it with you guys! 🙂
    Hope you all have a great week! 🙂

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Thank you for this recipe i really plan on trying this out :D!

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Well now I’ve made these a few times and really like them!!! I don’t really follow the recipe that much. I do about 1 cup BW flour, I think about 1/2 cup Oat Bran, and 1/2 cup Coconut Flour. Then I think it’s about 1/2 cup garlic oil, and salt. I have been putting in Rosemary, and this or that. Really good!! I tried Cayenne Pepper, but…I like it without better. I still brush them with oil and sprinkle salt on top too. Really good! Just add as much water as needed to make it just come together into a ball, then roll it out as thin as you can get it. It’s kinda tricky, as it can stick to the rolling pin. Don’t add flour, it makes them all dry and powdery and doesn’t taste good!

Guess you just have to keep trying until you get it!

PS. Don’t eat A LOT at one time! 😉 Hum…found that out the hard way! HA!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Buckwheat Crackers- Made them tonight’ is closed to new replies.