Buckwheat bread

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I completely made this up and did not measure but I’m addicted to it! I definitely won’t be making it often because once I start I can’t stop but here it is.

1 and 1/2 cups brown rice flour
    1/2 cup buckwheat flour
    1 egg
    1 and 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    organic greek yoghurt
    soya milk

Mix all ingredients until pasty. Flour a bread tin and spoon in. Pop in the pre-heated 225C oven and leave on 200C for at least 40 minutes. Voila!

It’s great with almond butter.

Daniel9Zwang
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Katy Gillett wrote: I completely made this up and did not measure but I’m addicted to it! I definitely won’t be making it often because once I start I can’t stop but here it is.

1 and 1/2 cups brown rice flour
    1/2 cup buckwheat flour
    1 egg
    1 and 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    organic greek yoghurt
    soya milk

Mix all ingredients until pasty. Flour a bread tin and spoon in. Pop in the pre-heated 225C oven and leave on 200C for at least 40 minutes. Voila!

It’s great with almond butter.

Sounds Yummy….. I’ll surely give it a try.

marvin3lev
    Replies: 1

I always heard about Buckwheat bread but now got proper recipe. Would definitely try it.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I’m on stage one so am avoiding soya and brown rice flour but my version of buckwheat bread works well too…

3 cups buckwheat flour
    3 Organic Eggs
    1 tsp Himalayan Pink salt
    2 tblsp Olive Oil
    1.5 cups water
    1 tbsp baking soda

Bake for about 5o minutes in a moderate oven. It’s lovely toasted and spread with coconut oil… and either a poached egg or some roast garlic on it. A bit plain totally on it’s own but I wanted a “carrier” without much taste of its own… I find the other flaxseed and coconut breads have too much taste and overpower whatever you’re eating it with?

Happy baking!

Lucylu

Lyrichuffman – just wondering what stage you are on with your candida diet? I’m stage one and there are several ingredients in your recipe that would “feed the yeast” as they say… especially the brown sugar? I’m fully expecting never to be able to eat sugar again!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Right, Lucy, not to mention the butter and all-purpose flour. But I think the real purpose of this post was to treat us to a little ‘spam’ instead of pancakes.

I doubt if lyrichuffman even knows what a “Candida diet” is.

Able

Lucylu

I’m not sure if it’s spam but it certainly wasn’t candida friendly!! There are a lot of recipes on these threads that have rice, butter even beef in them… I know you probably can’t monitor/ edit them as such but it would be very misleading for someone coming in fresh (says she, the 3 weeker!!) and thinking all of these recipes were “safe”?

Perhaps a sticky or note at the beginning of the section would be useful? Suggesting that people say whether its for cleane/ stage 1/ stage 2? Or do you just keep an eye and intervene if there’s one that blatantly not on track?

skyblue
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 16

Lucylu wrote: Perhaps a sticky or note at the beginning of the section would be useful? Suggesting that people say whether its for cleane/ stage 1/ stage 2? Or do you just keep an eye and intervene if there’s one that blatantly not on track?

hey lucy. what’s a sticky note? sounds liky a yummy dessert, lol.
    (I really don’t know what a sticky note is other than a post-it note)

Sky

Lucylu

LOL skyblue!! It does sound yummy doesnt it?! Basically the administrator of the site can “stick” a thread to the top of the list so everyone sees it every time they log on… it doesn’t slide doen the page when people don’t respond to it. (Sorry thats a non techy explanantion… maybe I should stick to the cooking!)

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Thanks for the bread recipes, I’m definitely going to give these a try!

ganeshagro
    Replies: 4

Nice post. This recipe is really delicious & easy to cook as well. It is good for breakfast & is nutritious.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is an alternative recipe with no unsafe ingredients:

Make a double batch of able’s coconut bread and use 1/3 coconut flour, 1/3 buckwheat flour, 1/3 almond meal, 12 eggs, baking soda, 1 cup olive oil, and salt! Comes out very grainy tasting, this is what I eat now. Almost 1/3 of each flour, but not quite 1/3 almond flour.

Add coconut butter/oil to the bread afterwards and it tastes so goood! Takes a little longer to cook a double batch; maybe 55 min at 350 degrees F.

Check the coconut bread recipe for original ingredients.

I also like the teff bread I make which is in his post also.

-Raster

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Lucylu wrote: I’m on stage one so am avoiding soya and brown rice flour but my version of buckwheat bread works well too…

3 cups buckwheat flour
    3 Organic Eggs
    2 tblsp Olive Oil
    1.5 cups water
    1 tbsp baking soda

Bake for about 5o minutes in a moderate oven. It’s lovely toasted and spread with coconut oil… and either a poached egg or some roast garlic on it. A bit plain totally on it’s own but I wanted a “carrier” without much taste of its own… I find the other flaxseed and coconut breads have too much taste and overpower whatever you’re eating it with?

Happy baking!

this is the best one I found yet. Giving up bread has been the hardest thing for me and now I have a good base recipe. THANKS!!! I use half buckwheat and half oat brand flour with some herbs and garlic and its wonderful for my eggs, and I am even making a stuffing out of half a loaf for turkey and oat bran flower gravy

Now I just need a good substitute for mash potatoes…. that is available year around.

melissamarievan
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

This buckwheat bread is fantastic! I made delicious croutons by baking small pieces with olive oil, salt and cayenne pepper. So crunchy, salty, and delicious. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!! I crave it now!

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I tried this spin off of the buckwheet bread recipe listed here with my changes bolded. when I first tasted it, it reminded me of a banana bread. Could be wishful thinking but damn its good.

3 cups buckwheat flour (used 1 cup buckweat flower, 1 cup oatbran, 1 cup oat bran flower)
    3 Organic Eggs
    2 tblsp Olive Oil
    1.5 cups water
    1 tbsp baking soda ( I used 1 tbsp of baking powder instead,aluminum free)

2-3tbsp of Kefir milk
    2-3 tbsp chopped almonds ( pre-soaked )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Buckwheat bread’ is closed to new replies.