buckwheat

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I’m wondering how safe buckwheat really is. Whenever I try it, it get excess throat phlegm and white tongue. I’ve been on the diet for a very long while and don’t understand this reaction. Currently ive been on a strictly chicken/fish and vegge diet and felt like my candida was improving so reacting to.buckwheat is frustrating,. I should mmention its buckwheat groats I seem to react to….had tried buckwheat cereal a few times in last few mos and didn’t notice anytjing.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Everyone has their own allergies and intolerance’s so this could explain why you experience a problem and others don’t.

Are you consuming raw or roasted groats?

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I can’t eat buckwheat; flour, groats; period, maybe can do a little cream of buckwheat mixed in a cereal. I thought I was the weird one, but I can handle quinoa and millet.

yisucks
    Participant

http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Organic-Whole-Grain-Buckwheat-Groats-16-oz-453-g/12088?gclid=CLiywOKy1r0CFWEV7AodYHIAJw&gclsrc=aw.ds

That’s what I react to. I cook it for 12 minutes so I guess roasted? I make it like rice.

I guess I just don’t understand how I have that much candida still in my body to react to something as unoffensive as buckwheat, when I’ve been doing this diet for as long as I’ve been doing it. I still feel phlegmy from it days later!

raster
    Participant

Well it might not be candida that is reacting, it could be the other bad bugs in your body such as the cell wall deficient microbes, parasites, etc…

Ya this is raw buckwheat, roasted is called kasha (which i don’t recommend as being safe for the diet).

Time to rotate to something else…have you not had any problems with it in the past? How often would you consume it?

The yeast could be adapting to it, but you could also have bugs in your throat (right now), etc.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Hey raster, I used to eat it regularly (6 plus mos ago) but stopped because of the phlegm. I just tried it out randomly the other day, just to see, and it happened again. I won’t be trying that again! Right now I just eat meat and veggies, and was doing well that way w/ yeast, but am getting bored of it. May add back in coconut bread which never bothered me.

Yea, I wonder if its the yeast or bad microbes, because I’ve had chronic bacterial infections this past year, and significantly less yeast infections.

Can bad microbes cause reactions, like phlegm, the way yeast does?

raster
    Participant

It might not be any bad bugs but more of an immune response…

Its hard to say and I’m no doctor lol.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Hahaha. I’ll have to ask bernie

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

So should I only eat the buckwheat that looks yellowish when bought? And how should I serve it? Can I boil it? If so, for how long? Thanks.

raster
    Participant

Buckwheat comes in a few forms. The groats or raw buckwheat, roasted buckwheat (called kasha), buckwheat flour (baking), and cream of buckwheat (similar to oatmeal). I don’t recommend anything roasted in general for health reasons.

If you have buckwheat groats, cook it with a 1:2 ratio (or 1/2 cup of buckhweat, 1 cup of water)…bring water to boil and add buckwheat and put to low and place lid on top. Add some olive oil and salt and let it cook for 20-25 minutes (this is how long I like it, its personal taste basically). I like to add rosemary and basil once its done…

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘buckwheat’ is closed to new replies.