Brown Rice Vs Buckwheat

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Brown Rice Vs Buckwheat

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

Hi guys. My naturapathic doc told me to do it for 3 weeks but im sticking with it a bit longer just in case. Ive been on the candida diet for 5 weeks now. My question is why is buchwheat encouraged on this forum while brown rice is not. When I look at the back of a bag of organic basmati brown rice, and the back of a bag of buckwheat, their nutritional values are about the same. both have about 1 gram of sugar and both have about 32 grams of carbs per serving. so why is the forum anti brown rice?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Your naturopath told you to eat brown rice instead of Buckwheat? Why? Do you trust this naturopath? It sounds like really bad advice.

The reason why you want the Buckwheat is because it’s a prebiotic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prebiotic_(nutrition)

It does not feed candida. It can even lower your blood sugar.

Brown rice will feed candida. It will raise your blood sugar.

Think about changing doctors.

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

mrs.candida;41414 wrote: Your naturopath told you to eat brown rice instead of Buckwheat? Why? Do you trust this naturopath? It sounds like really bad advice.

The reason why you want the Buckwheat is because it’s a prebiotic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prebiotic_(nutrition)

It does not feed candida. It can even lower your blood sugar.

Brown rice will feed candida. It will raise your blood sugar.

Think about changing doctors.

No my naturopath did not tell me to eat brown rice, (never said that) it was my OWN question about what the difference would be between the two. I didnt/dont understand since both have about the same content. thanx for the reply though

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

well the truth is everything we eat feeds candida so because buckwheat is a prebiotic that feeds good flora its a better choice than brown rice ,i dont like buckwheat but i do eat the noodles so i can have something similar to pasta u can find 100% buckwheat noodles on amazon and iherb .

u probably can cure your candida eating brown rice but it will take longer .

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Personally, I know the forum recommends buckwheat, but I keep on finding that is doesn’t agree with me. I do eat brown rice on occasion, but not all the time. I just try to watch my serving. Also, I eat quinoa flakes every once in a blue moon for breakfast (still not quite sure about the quinoa though either). It believe it is just trial and error on what works for people anymore. I still follow a lot of the suggestions on this forum, and I believe I have progressed a little bit now by following the diet as closely as possible. I admit, I have slip-ups, and I am not perfect, but I have incorporated a lot more veggies in my diet (increased probiotics, etc.); do not eat meat as much (mainly turkey, chicken, fish here and there). I eat more egg whites, can’t handle eggs, eggs all the time. Mainly I try to switch it up.

Hope, I haven’t tried the noodles yet on buckwheat. I have been afraid, too because I am still sort of iffy about it. I guess if you say they aren’t too bad, then I should try it.

Good luck Ryan!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I cut out buckwheat last week and bloating and reflux has gotten better. Also cut out yogurt too. I eat brown sprouted rice once or twice a week. So I guess it’s how your body handles it

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

moochpb;41428 wrote: I cut out buckwheat last week and bloating and reflux has gotten better. Also cut out yogurt too. I eat brown sprouted rice once or twice a week. So I guess it’s how your body handles it

Mooch, I totally agree; I think the buckwheat causes me some gas and bloating, too; I do have to think about my gastroparesis, too! As for yogurt, I have been pretty much dairy-free since the beginning of the year, I tried to incorporate some greek yogurt a few times the past couple weeks, but decided, just no completely to dairy!!! Have you tried goat yogurt? My health food store sells it, so I decided to try it, plain goat yogurt. I read it is easier to digest because it has less lactose than cow’s milk. I thought it was actually good, so I can handle that once in awhile if I really have a craving for the creaminess of yogurt, milk. Might want to consider it! =)

moochpb

Buckwheat for some reason made my reflux worse too. I’m sensitive to yogurt goat and cow so it kinda sucks. I used to eat Greek yogurt every night I miss it. I’ll go back eventually. I hate the goat yogurt but it’s better then nothing but will stay away for a little while. A little brown rice doesn’t upset me though.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

I think, as is often said, everyone reacts differently, and Candida is not homogenous in its pathology. I, too, have given up buckwheat. I love it, but I am convinced my Candida was breakfasting on it. Indeed, I began to be concerned when I added it in after the cleanse because it abruptly ended my most intense die off and my heart burn came back. I have been in a die off limbo for 6 months, and cannot say confidently that I’m getting any better (despite the cleanest of diets – alas, no rice!!).

After giving it up, I had intense cravings for it and anything yeasty and sugary. Furthermore, since giving it up my tongue seems less coated after breakfast. My die off over the past few weeks has been more difficult than it has for 6 months.

The point is clear: Candida really do adapt to anything. In my case, I’ve been eating buckwheat for years; and I suspect that Candida adapted to the food during an unsuccessful attempt to clear out the Candida before I found the forum. I was eating a less strict diet (i.e. one including brown rice and the controversial quinoa) and merely stayed on caprylic acid. I think I was merely mowing the tops off weeds that got progressively stronger. I now have the toughest of infections.

Treat your body as unique, and I think you’ve got the best chance of recovering. With that said, any strain of Candida will thank you for rice (and anything else with starch in) to a greater extent than a seed (i.e. buckwheat). I think people’s desire to eat dodgy foods is a measure of just how tortuous this process is; but indulgence along the way gives rise to a pyric victory long term.

Len

moochpb

my issue is Im getting hypoglycemic symptoms because Im so nutrient and food nutrient. This is why I need sprouted brown rice and or quinoa at least twice a week. Thats the only questionable thing I eat on the diet. Yeast eats everything and its so damn annoying. But feeling weak and seeing double while working a demanding job isn’t something I can do. Im adding plain yogurt back in for more sugar since thats the only sugar Im eating other then veggies and the occasional sprouted brown rice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brown Rice Vs Buckwheat’ is closed to new replies.