Brown rice pasta shells

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Brown rice pasta shells

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lola555 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lola555
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

i found some brown rice pasta shells made with rice bran. Those are the only ingredients! But it is 14% total carbs 🙁 Is it too good to be true to have some nice-sounding pasta? Too many carbs? If so, how much is too much in regards to carbs?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Rice bran is a prebiotic, so eating this should only bring benefit. I personally have decided not to worry about carbs while on the diet and it hasn’t set me back as far as I know.

Also, share a link to them, I might want to try it!

-raster

lola555

Here it is 🙂

http://www.vitacost.com/tinkyada-brown-rice-pasta-shells-with-rice-bran?csrc=GPF-PA-621683920753&ci_sku=621683920753&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

I bought it from a store before looking up the reviews and it seems to be good stuff! Now, Im not sure what to have with it (it will be a test food for me later). Let me know if you come up with any ideas 🙂

raster
    Participant

The only problem with it is that it contains regular brown rice too, which can set back your treatment…rice contains high amounts of starch like potatoes.

-raster

lola555

Well dang it! Too good to be true!I assumed brown rice would be ok because on the strict diet, brown rice flour is acceptable. I’m still new at this.

raster
    Participant

Are you referring to able’s/the forum’s strict diet? Brown Rice flour and brown rice are not on this food list…

Rice bran is allowed on the diet though because its a prebiotic…

-raster

lola555

Yes it is:) I thought I was going koo koo but double checked what he sent me:

All of the foods below are test foods.

coconut flour (Bob’s Red Mill)

oat bran flour (Bob’s Red Mill)

brown rice bran flour (Bob’s Red Mill)

Tef or teff flour

buckwheat/soba (Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Hot Cereal or Pocono Cream of Buckwheat) and Soba Noodles. “Soba” is the Japanese word for “buckwheat.” USA Source
    Ground Hemp Seeds (organic if possible)

raster
    Participant

Brown rice BRAN is different than brown rice flour just an FYI.

lola555

Got it! Yep, newbie here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brown rice pasta shells’ is closed to new replies.