Brown Rice, an accurate answer please?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Brown Rice, an accurate answer please?!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

captainamerica
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Hello,
    I wanted to get a good answer as to brown rice. Im sure someone has asked this a million times on here so sorry.

My question is this, I have decided to cook large amounts of brown rice and organic chicken and vegetables, put them together and eat this for every meal of the day to avoid any contaminants that could feed problem.

Should this be ok? I get soooo many back and forth, conflicting answers on internet of course.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not do this and eating brown rice and brown rice products can significantly set back your progress. Rice contains starch and low amounts of sugar; both can feed candida. A great alternative to brown rice is to eat buckwheat which contains only 25% starch and is a prebiotic which feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut. It also has a similar texture and taste when compared to rice.

I have a good buckwheat recipe if you want to try it out; add olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, and basil to give it some flavor!

It also is a good general idea to do a food rotation diet where you rotate between a few different food items so that candida won’t find one source of food to feed on. For instance, rotate between buckwheat, millet, and rice instead.

I would consider rice to be a cheat food item; something you can eat when you want to live it up. I would eat it maybe once every 2 weeks or less frequently personally. As you get better, your body can digest certain foods better such as rice, and at this point (stage 2) you can start eating it a little more often. One of the negatives about rice is that your body cannot digest it easily if you have candida and it often ferments in the gut (or isn’t completely digested). Foods that ferment in the gut should be avoided at all costs.

When I eat rice I become more constipated, bloated, and it comes up undigested in my stools.

A great alternative to brown rice is to eat black, wild, or red rice which have greater nutritional properties.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

captainamerica wrote: My question is this, I have decided to cook large amounts of brown rice and organic chicken and vegetables, put them together and eat this for every meal of the day to avoid any contaminants that could feed problem. Should this be ok? I get soooo many back and forth, conflicting answers on internet of course.

Rice = starch = sugar = Happy Candida

Doesn’t matter what song everyone else across the Net is singing, the song here is that rice feeds Candida the same as sugar does as explained in the above analogy between rice and sugar. I’m talking about “all” rice since all rice is basically a starchy substance.

You won’t have to guess at what will and will not feed Candida if you follow the stricter version of this website’s diet. The foods are listed in an easy to read fashion and there are explanations for why foods are or are not on the diet.

If you want it, all you have to do is ask.

Able

captainamerica

This is all very useful info in your replies guys thank you. I guess I need to know what your opinion is of the best option for a carbohydrate to go with meat. More of a dinner-oriented item. I simply cannot function without carbs as our bodies were not meant to. I am not meaning indulgent, good tasting varieties, just a good safe source that I can put with meat to create a balanced meal. I go to school 17 units a semster, go to the gym every day, and work almost full time. Can’t perform properly on a diet with only protein and fiber really. I genuinely appreciate your info.

Yoda
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

This site is so confusing with different experts opinions on food to eat/ avoid. I have been on the diet for 3 weeks now after doing the cleanse and have been eating brown rice approx 3 – 4 times a week as it was included on the accepted foods on this site. The Recipe section also includes ‘ Brown Rice Pudding ‘. Why all this contradictary information on here guys ?? If Brown Rice is a No No, can the Power’s Of Be please move Brown Rice to: the foods to avoid section. I’m assuming there are a number of people on the diet who are consuming Brown Rice thinking it is ok.

Thanks
    Brassed Off !!

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

The reason why there is controversy regarding brown rice is because there are more sides to this.

– The gi load is low and it contains fibers.
    – Some people do fine on brown rice.
    – For some its their only source of carbs and energy.

But, everyone is different. If you have a reaction, dont take it

Able900
    Spectator

Yoda wrote: This site is so confusing with different experts opinions on food to eat/ avoid.

Hello, Yoda.
    Just to clarify your statement above; the site in general can be confusing because it differs from the forum’s diet. However, the forum is not confusing because, as far as I’m aware of, all of the experts are using the alternate diet which is not posted on the website. So in fact, we all agree on the same foods for the treatment. In other words, if you stick to the forum and leave the diet information that you find on the website alone, you’ll be fine and much less confused. Does that make sense?

Able

captainamerica

In regards to this “alternate” diet, someone mentioned that they dont eat red meat either now.. What was the reasoning behind this? Is it ok with organic? And so this pretty much leaves just chicken..

Able900
    Spectator

captainamerica wrote: In regards to this “alternate” diet, someone mentioned that they dont eat red meat either now.. What was the reasoning behind this? Is it ok with organic? And so this pretty much leaves just chicken..

That’s right, Captain, no read meat or pork.

All of this is explained in detail in the information with the strict diet. There’s also a thread that explains how and why the foods on a Candida diet are chosen and why others are avoided.
    Designing a Candida Diet that Works

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Yoda and Captain,

The website is not run by us folks on the forum. These are two completely different sources of information. The website is more generic while the forum is more strict.

The website has a variety of things that is different such as their cleanse, foods list, recommended vitamin/supplement brands, recipes, but in general it has good information about a variety of topics. The website even incorporates some of the material from the forum but we haven’t really mentioned it before. They did a big redesign recently and added a coconut bread recipe, information about leaky gut, etc.

From my experience with the diet (been on it 1 year), brown rice really set me back earlier in my treatment when I was my most sensitive. After I removed it and made other changes, I started to heal much faster. I ate it daily (actually twice a day).

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brown Rice, an accurate answer please?!’ is closed to new replies.