Brown rice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

candidaman
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

This website says eating brown rice is fine. I’m wondering if eatin large amounts of brown rice is fine. For example, I eat roughly 2000 calories of brown rice a day in an effort to gain weight. Will this negatively effect my candida killing? I most definitely have a fungal infection, as a recent stool analysis proved.

Thanks much for the help!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Brown rice isn’t fine on a Candida diet. Brown rice contains starch; when starch breaks down in your body, it’s changed into sugar. There are better ways of avoiding weight loss and even gaining weight during the diet without feeding the Candida on a daily basis. Read the following post.
    Weight Loss – how can I stop it?

Able

420biker
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 38

I find that too much of anything is a bad thing when it comes to candida… rice has starches, even though its brown rice too much cant be good. The best way to gain weight is to focus on getting your candida better.

If you are able to exercise that might help you gain weight by eating that much rice, but i find that weight lifting is very hard on the adrenal glands when you have candida.. but maybe i just have weak adrenals. I found i was able to put on weight, but i couldnt keep it on without making my candida worse. http://www.bodybuilding.com has some good workouts.

Able900
    Spectator

Candidaman, I imagine you’ve learned by now that you can’t listen to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who show up on forums passing out new info left and right. Research shows that working out during a Candida infestation only lowers the ability of the immune system by aggravating the adrenal glands. Rest and sleep are much more important to your body that any type of actual ‘workout.”

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

candidaman, you should treat rice as a cheat food item…for when you want to live it up. I was just like you when I started out and ate it a ton. I didn’t get much better that quickly either…until I went away from brown rice. I also was eating sunflower seeds and almond butter, both of which contain molds.

If you do decide to eat rice occasionally, you should eat wild, black, or red rice which have greater nutritional properties than brown rice.

Brown rice is also inflammatory which is not good if you want to heal the gut:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

A better alternative would be to have buckwheat which only contains 25% starch and is a prebiotic, meaning that it feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut. It has a similar taste and texture as rice as well.

I’ve been on the diet for over a year and still don’t eat rice very often. I eat rice cakes maybe once a month or less and thats about it.

-raster

andsburns
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Does this excerpt form the website have no merit?

“Exercise is one part of the Candida treatment protocol that many people overlook. If your Candida symptoms are dragging you down, exercise is an essential part of your road to recovery. Use it as a complement to your routine of cleansing, diet and supplements, Not only will it help treat your Candida, but it will also give you a break from symptoms like fatigue and brain fog.

Exercise stimulates the lymphatic system, which is responsible for removing waste products from your cells. When it is functioning poorly, viruses, bacteria and fungi can accumulate in the system, creating a great breeding area for Candida. Moving your body increases circulation of the lymph fluid, eliminating these pests quickly before they become a problem.”

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All you need to do to move the body is light walking…this is the best form of exercise when recovering from a debilitating condition that sucks all of your energy.

-raster

andsburns
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

What if you feel you have the energy though? I’m not talking really strenuous but i’ve been doing light push-ups, light crunches, lifting 20lb free weights, and running 1 mile and i still feel okay..

I don’t know, i’m seeing opposite opinions about exercising all over this forum…

Able900
    Spectator

andsburns wrote: I don’t know, i’m seeing opposite opinions about exercising all over this forum…

Understood. The following isn’t a forum opinion it’s a scientifically proven fact.

Causing a rapid heart rate to occur after exercising is a sign that the adrenals are overproducing stress hormones.
    Stress hormones are the number one enemy of the adrenal glands.

An exercise which does not produce a rapid heartbeat should be fine.

Common Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms in Bodybuilders and Athletes

Able

candidaman
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Well, unfortunately, I’ve been vegetarian for years and vegan for about a year, so meat is generally not an option. I can’t afford to lose large amounts of weight. I have finally started to gain some! I am also able to work out fairly aggressively without horrible effects. By far my main concern is the mental fog that has engulfed me for the past year and a half.

If meat and Vegetables are my only options, then that is what I will do.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow where I will be getting a nystatin prescription.

Two questions for you all: what dosage of nystatin should I be looking for, and how long will I need to eat meat and vege only before these fungal bastards all die off? I will be extremely strict on the diet.

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

candidaman wrote: Well, unfortunately, I’ve been vegetarian for years and vegan for about a year, so meat is generally not an option. I can’t afford to lose large amounts of weight. I have finally started to gain some! I am also able to work out fairly aggressively without horrible effects. By far my main concern is the mental fog that has engulfed me for the past year and a half.

If meat and Vegetables are my only options, then that is what I will do.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow where I will be getting a nystatin prescription.

Two questions for you all: what dosage of nystatin should I be looking for, and how long will I need to eat meat and vege only before these fungal bastards all die off? I will be extremely strict on the diet.

Why don’t you try having some organic wild salmon? I was vegan for two years…but seriously,eating salmon has been the best thing for my health,I am a yogi,a runner and lift weights and I have much more energy,stamina,and increasing muscle mass since I’ve been consuming salmon. At least consider it! Your health is what matters most.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Brown rice is harder to digest than white rice, and the nutrient content is unremarkable. GI problems are mostly solved with balanced meals. This could be why the only people in the world who eat it are health-conscious Westerners following bad advice. Traditional rice-eating cultures seem to know what they’re doing. Starch seems to be worse than sugar for some people with blood sugar problems, and if it’s not thoroughly digested or there are problems in the small intestine, then it’s a pathogen banquet waiting to happen. 2000-calories with so little nutrients can’t be good in the long run either.

Able900 wrote: Understood. The following isn’t a forum opinion it’s a scientifically proven fact. 

Causing a rapid heart rate to occur after exercising is a sign that the adrenals are overproducing stress hormones. 
    Stress hormones are the number one enemy of the adrenal glands.

An exercise which does not produce a rapid heartbeat should be fine.

Common Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms in Bodybuilders and Athletes

Able, “adrenal fatigue” isn’t a scientifically recognised condition at all. That article suggests 80% of people ‘may have it’, which shows you it’s just another unsubstantiated theory of everything. Do you ever feel tired? You have AF, and I’m going to sell you 25 bottles of ineffective, expensive supplements for it. Candida is abused in the same way by money-hungry pseudoscientists who find evidence an inconvenience aka naturopaths. 

Overtraining is a health disaster though, and cardio is especially bad. If I remember correctly, it can even reduce the size of your thymus gland, and the cortisol disrupts thyroid function (increases RT3), which can throw everything out of balance. What you said about immunity is definitely true. I think something like intensive weightlifting and sprinting 2-4 times a week could have benefits though, but only if you’re up to it. If you struggle to get out of bed and fail to recover after workouts, then you’re exercising too soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brown rice’ is closed to new replies.