Breaking out in hives

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Breaking out in hives

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brookolyna 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Brookolyna
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

What do you do when you brake out in hives? My dad is breaking out in hives we are on the detox phase of the diet. Has this happened to you? What do we do?

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

It depends on how bad the hives are and how sensitive your dad is to medications. I gut out minor to moderate hives and have upon occasion taken an antihistamine when I’ve had overwhelming hives. Usually one pill does the trick and resets my immune response. I don’t like to take benadryl though because it makes me feel very weird for several hours.
    I had off and on hives before I was diagnosed but haven’t had much since going on the diet.
    http://www.mademan.com/mm/5-best-antihistamines-hives.html (for whatever the link is worth. I haven’t tried most of these)
    Good luck,
    Sue

p.s. I don’t think hives counts as a snack/treat 😛

Brookolyna

His face is really swollen. And his lips are really, really big and a rash is on his lower abdomen and have started making their way up his chest, side, and even on his legs.

We took the detox drink of cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar.

Our diet has been strict (only eating Kale, brussel sprouts, spinach, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, avocados…I think that is all.)

We were taking a couple of anti fungals, but went off of those 2 days ago.

We are not yet taking probiotics.

This reaction happened about 30 minutes after taking the detox drink of pepper, lemon, and acv.

We started the detox on Monday, so this would be day 4.

Would benadryl help with the hives and to prevent a respiratory type reaction?

Thank you so much for your help!

Brookolyna

Sorry – also, you said you don’t like benadryl. Which antihistamine do you prefer?

Brookolyna

oops! I didn’t realize I had posted in snacks!

I will see if I can figure out how to post in a die-off section! Thanks for giving me a heads up! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Breaking out in hives’ is closed to new replies.