Breakfast Receipes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Breakfast Receipes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  RickiH 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Nisa19s
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello,

Does anyone have good breakfast receipes? I have been eating eggs and now I am starting to get bored. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

srsk
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I find breakfast hard too – depending what phase you’re in or how strict you’re being (I eat small amounts of fruit and nuts, primarily for breakfast, so, that makes things easier), I eat yogurt with Bio-K, blueberries and almonds, or oatmeal with apple and walnuts, or a red river cereal with nuts added. If I’m in a rush I’ll grab an apple and a handful of almonds.

Also depending what phase your in, again, these are fantastic for a nice breakfast (I love them): http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2009/12/11/its-the-berries-stevia-sweetened-gluten-free-blueberry-lemon-muffins/

srsk
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

And actually here’s a whole page from that website on breakfasts (I haven’t tried these though)

http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2009/04/02/anti-candida-breakfasts-what-do-you-eat/

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I change up what I put in eggs. I always use a tiny bit of mozzarella, but also sometimes add veggies, olives, spinach (and/or for everything)Then a splash of sour cream on top, or avacados.

RickiH
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 16

Thanks so much for the links to my blog–much appreciated! I also just published an ebook of recipes for Anti-Candida breakfasts called Good Morning! Breakfasts without Gluten, Sugar, Eggs or Dairy if anyone is interested (available on my blog). I’ve been following the diet for over 2 years now and am currently in a more relaxed phase (some fruits, occasional bits of coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar) and have found that I can maintain my progress this way–but everyone is different!

I found breakfast and dessert to be the most difficult things on the anti candida diet. . . you’ll also find lots of ACD-friendly desserts on my site. But please note that before March 2009, I was eating a whole foods diet, NOT an anti-candida diet (so there will be other sweeteners like maple syrup, dates, some mushrooms, etc before that time).

Good luck! It’s very tough at the beginning, but does get easier. 😀

Nisa19s
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

These are great suggestions! Thank you to everyone for your posts. I will definitely check out the website. I need more variation with my meals.

flipperflop
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

i normally do eggs as well but i find a yummy addition is adding a dark green salad with cucumber. with a olive oil and lemon dressing. i find it refreshing.

I like to eat gluten free oats a few times a month. Oat are gluten free however they are normally manufactured in a facility with wheat. So GF oats with cinnamon and unsweetned soy milk is delicious.

Gluten free toast smothered in coconut oil and almond butter.

chopped up apple, almonds, sunflower seeds, toasted GF oats, cinnamon and unsweetened soy milk.

Cooked quinoa, then in a pan, fry any kind of veggie you want in coconut oil, sprinle cinnamon and tumeric. It is so freakin good. It sounds weird but it delicious and gives you some extra veggies.

also you could do baked apples till they are very smouchy. and you could add that to your Gluten free toast with almond butter. Its almost like a jam idea but not as sweet (only use on stage 2 or three of diet)

you can also buy gluten free biscuit mix at the natural food store or grocery store depending on your area. just make sure you read the ingredients before purchasing.

or my biscuit recipe is as follows….its not the best but its pretty satisfying…

3/4c. rice flour
    1/4c. corn starch
    pinch of salt
    3 tbp baking powder (aluminum free)

2/3c unsweetened soy milk

mix all together. Its pretty sticky but you can add some rice flour if needed but not too much you dont want dry them out. I have also considered adding an egg to the recipe and maybe holding back a little on the milk because i feel it may make them more moist. But I havent tried yet.

g’luck!

flipperflop
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

i normally do eggs as well but i find a yummy addition is adding a dark green salad with cucumber. with a olive oil and lemon dressing. i find it refreshing.

I like to eat gluten free oats a few times a month. Oat are gluten free however they are normally manufactured in a facility with wheat. So GF oats with cinnamon and unsweetned soy milk is delicious.

Gluten free toast smothered in coconut oil and almond butter.

chopped up apple, almonds, sunflower seeds, toasted GF oats, cinnamon and unsweetened soy milk.

Cooked quinoa, then in a pan, fry any kind of veggie you want in coconut oil, sprinle cinnamon and tumeric. It is so freakin good. It sounds weird but it delicious and gives you some extra veggies.

also you could do baked apples till they are very smouchy. and you could add that to your Gluten free toast with almond butter. Its almost like a jam idea but not as sweet (only use on stage 2 or three of diet)

you can also buy gluten free biscuit mix at the natural food store or grocery store depending on your area. just make sure you read the ingredients before purchasing.

or my biscuit recipe is as follows….its not the best but its pretty satisfying…

3/4c. rice flour
    1/4c. corn starch
    pinch of salt
    3 tbp baking powder (aluminum free)

2/3c unsweetened soy milk

mix all together. Its pretty sticky but you can add some rice flour if needed but not too much you dont want dry them out. I have also considered adding an egg to the recipe and maybe holding back a little on the milk because i feel it may make them more moist. But I havent tried yet.

g’luck!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Almost everything suggested here includes foods not allowed in Stage 1. Are you in Stage 1? Oats are not on the “what to eat” list, neither are cheeses like mozzerella, and olives are brined in white vinegar, and sour cream is definitely a no go. Maybe I’m just a big strict-y, but I want this candida junk gone as soon as possible.

I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast, too, but I switch up how I eat them. Some days I make a veggie fritatta (super easy – not hard at all to find a basic recipe online that you can adjust), or scrambled eggs with a little salsa mixed in (I use Herdez, from the international aisle in my local store, no vinegars or sweeteners). Sometimes I fry two eggs in olive oil and eat them on buckwheat grits (health food store) seasoned with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt. Today I had brown rice with a little coconut milk, stevia, and cinnamon. Cooked millet is good that way, too, if you don’t overcook it. I’m pregnant, so my breakfasts need to add up to something, you know? These all work for me.

Hope it helps.

RickiH
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 16

Hope, I was also a “stict-y” because my symptoms were so bad I would have done anything to get rid of them. I did not eat flours, fruits, dairy, cheese, or oats in Stage 1. I might have cooked grains (quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat) on occasion, but usually just had a salad or veggies. I also ate a baked sweet potato with almond butter as a regular breakfast. I came up with a grain-free coconut flour based biscuit that saved me many mornings, too (recipe on my blog). Your brown rice/coconut milk also sounds very familiar. 🙂 Hope this helps!

Hope wrote: Almost everything suggested here includes foods not allowed in Stage 1. Are you in Stage 1? Oats are not on the “what to eat” list, neither are cheeses like mozzerella, and olives are brined in white vinegar, and sour cream is definitely a no go. Maybe I’m just a big strict-y, but I want this candida junk gone as soon as possible.

I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast, too, but I switch up how I eat them. Some days I make a veggie fritatta (super easy – not hard at all to find a basic recipe online that you can adjust), or scrambled eggs with a little salsa mixed in (I use Herdez, from the international aisle in my local store, no vinegars or sweeteners). Sometimes I fry two eggs in olive oil and eat them on buckwheat grits (health food store) seasoned with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt. Today I had brown rice with a little coconut milk, stevia, and cinnamon. Cooked millet is good that way, too, if you don’t overcook it. I’m pregnant, so my breakfasts need to add up to something, you know? These all work for me.

Hope it helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast Receipes’ is closed to new replies.