Breakfast protein shake – stage one

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Breakfast protein shake – stage one

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

I can’t pretend this is an entirely original recipe – it’s an adaptation of a shake from another detox diet – I just took out the nuts and almond milk and added avocado.

1 tbsp hemp seeds (soaked overnight)
    1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked overnight)
    1/2 tbsp golden flax seeds (soaked overnight)
    1/2 lemon (soaked overnight with the seeds) – optional
    1 inch root ginger
    1/2 cucumber peeled and deseeded
    1 avocado
    Sprig of mint (optional)
    about 1 cup of detoxifier drink (depending on how thick you want it)

Put everything in a blender and blend until it is the consistency you like it. Drink!

You could use water but it’s good way of using up all the detoxifer you have to drink in one day – and I think it gives you a better flavour. I can’t pretend it tastes as good as protein shakes made with fruit and coconut milk or yoghurt but it’s actually not all that bad. Best thing about it is that it has shedloads of protein and should keep you from feeling hungry for a few hours!

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

AngelaL;57582 wrote: I can’t pretend this is an entirely original recipe – it’s an adaptation of a shake from another detox diet – I just took out the nuts and almond milk and added avocado.

1 tbsp hemp seeds (soaked overnight)
    1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked overnight)
    1/2 tbsp golden flax seeds (soaked overnight)
    1/2 lemon (soaked overnight with the seeds) – optional
    1 inch garlic peeled
    1/2 cucumber peeled and deseeded
    1 avocado
    Sprig of mint (optional)
    about 1 cup of detoxifier drink (depending on how thick you want it)

Put everything in a blender and blend until it is the consistency you like it. Drink!

You could use water but it’s good way of using up all the detoxifer you have to drink in one day – and I think it gives you a better flavour. I can’t pretend it tastes as good as protein shakes made with fruit and coconut milk or yoghurt but it’s actually not all that bad. Best thing about it is that it has shedloads of protein and should keep you from feeling hungry for a few hours!

Apologies – I meant an inch of peeled ginger root not garlic 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast protein shake – stage one’ is closed to new replies.