Breakfast!!! Advice please.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Breakfast!!! Advice please.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Gillett 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chrisuk
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 9

Good morning everyone.

This is the second attempt of going through this diet (Really fed up living with my skin in this condition).

What I mainly struggle with is breakfast foods, jus not sure what to have during stage one.

Any ideas? Was thinking pro-biotic yoghurt with half a green apple?

Kind regards

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hi Chris,

I hear ya. I really struggled with breakfast at first as well. Generally speaking you are supposed to cut out all fruits for the first stage of the diet so I wouldn’t recommend a green apple.

Organic greek yoghurt with some nuts and seeds sprinkled in is a great option.

Scrambled free range eggs or an omlette with veg of your choice.

You can have quinoa or millet too. Quinoa is good mixed with a scrambled egg and steamed courgettes and lemon juice squeezed on the top (lemons and limes are allowed). Though you’re not supposed to eat grains too often.

Also buckwheat is a favourite of mine. I get ‘creamy buckwheat’ and you can jazz this up with a bit of stevia and cinnamon. Or I have raw buckwheat groats with coconut oil (good for battling candida) and some nuts and seeds mixeed in.

Also – there’s another forum in here called ‘Candida Recipes’.. keep an eye out on the breakfast section!!

I hope this helped

chrisuk
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 9

Thanks for your reply

I like the idea of scrambled eggs and will try this rotating with yoghurt, what kind of milk to I use if any for the eggs?

Regards

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I was using soya milk at first but I’m now under the impression that no milks are very good for the first stage of the diet. It works fine without the milk though – that’s what I’ve been doing. Perhaps you could try coconut milk but it might be a bit strange

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast!!! Advice please.’ is closed to new replies.