Breads & Cereals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Breads & Cereals

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Terrylee5151 8 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

Hi,

I just started a candida diet yesterday, and I bought a sprouted grain spelt bread from a health store. It’s written “yeast-free” on it, and also “slow fermentation”. The grains are sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
    Do you think this kind of bread is appropriate?

Could you share brands of breads that you are using?

I also found a yeast-free, gluten-free millet bread, but I saw in the ingredients that they added grape syrup to it, for the taste.
    I shouldn’t eat this bread, right?

It’s so hard to find the right bread!

What about morning cereals, do millet grits work?

Thank you very much!

Cécile

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

Guest wrote: I just started a candida diet yesterday, and I bought a sprouted grain spelt bread from a health store. It’s written “yeast-free” on it, and also “slow fermentation”. The grains are sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
    Do you think this kind of bread is appropriate?

Could you share brands of breads that you are using?

I also found a yeast-free, gluten-free millet bread, but I saw in the ingredients that they added grape syrup to it, for the taste.
    I shouldn’t eat this bread, right?

It’s so hard to find the right bread!

What about morning cereals, do millet grits work?

Thank you very much!

Cécile

Hi,

I was advised by a Herbalist and Immunologist that I could eat small amounts of Soda bread.

Good luck hope this helps.

PS: I am starting my Candida diet tomorrow.

Elizabeth
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I take oat flakes and blend them to make oat flour. For breakfast try oatmeal with a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa by Hershey brand and a teaspoon of stevia. I use unsweetened almond milk and water to give it body. It is my favorite.

Brown rice flour, oat bran, and flax seed is great for cooking. They are all gluten free.

Citizen123
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

No “sprouted” grains!

That is the worst thing for candida. You want to stay away from fermented things, and that would be one form.

Use “brown rice flour” and make yourself some “Irish soda bread” without yeasts. Use only “raw” natural Turbinado sugar ( not white sugar!)no shortening or margerine, only real organic butter, plain Rice milk only ( not falvored!)hormone-free organic eggs.

Adri
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi, I re started my candida diet today…so for breakfast not even one slice of spelt or rye bread? 🙁

Terrylee5151
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

I think it would be okay as long as you do it in moderation. A good rule that I followed was no more than 15g carbs per meal…. That was for the first 3 weeks, then I added a little more in slowly.

Here is a post I did on my blog.
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2010/02/watch-carbs.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Breads & Cereals’ is closed to new replies.