Bread-less Schnitzel

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Bread-less Schnitzel

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SaraMe 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

SaraMe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3

Hi guys,

I have a cool work-around to get that crunchy schnitzel taste without the carbs. You will need two plates and a bowl.
    Get your thin, schnitzel meat-of-choice and flip it a few times in a plate of buckwheat flour to get a light coating. Then, dip into a bowl which has a lightly whisked egg, until coated all over. Next, transfer to the final plate and coat in almond flour. This is the crumb bit so be generous!

I use roasted almond meal to get a more golden, crunchy result by the Lucky Nuts brand.
    http://www.luckynuts.com.au/our-products/almonds/oven-roasted-almond-meal.html

The buckwheat was like a fine white flour; perfect for coating. the coarse ones like bob’s red mill are no good here.

I normally ask for uncrumbed chicken schnitzel from my local butcher to use in this recipe. Last night i treated myself to some red meat and used lamb schnitzels (which turned out glorious).

I normally serve this with cauliflower mash and some roast swede.

Best of luck guys! Let me know how it goes.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Bread-less Schnitzel’ is closed to new replies.