Brainfog

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  benc 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi all

I’m interested to know how bad you all have or had brainfog. It’s the one thing that is still slowing me down, although there has been improvement.

Just wondering if a few of you could answer the below questions;

How bad was your brainfog before you started this diet?
    How long did it take on the diet for your brainfog to lift?

I know the last question is different for everyone, but I’m still interested.

Cheers, Sam

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

15 months. If you have ever had the discomfort of sitting or standing on those waste of space powerplates, it was like walking around like that, almost like my brain was shaking inside my head, with migraines & lots of dizziness.

Its improved a bit since i started the molybdenum, but I think i’m behind you on these.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Before treatment I had it bad and it pretty much progressed since last summer until it was really terrible. It was also followed by dizziness, loss of balance and all kinds of other scary symptoms. It was getting so bad that it would sometimes take me a minute to react to someone asking me a question. I could not get jokes, I would not find them funny either, and laughing was pretty much gone from my life (which was such a huge contrast from me before illness as I was always joking and laughing even at problems). I also could not remember much and kept forgetting simple things, would dress my kids upside down or inside out, or wrong stocking on wrong leg, I even mixed up their toothbrushes and got upset that my kid was fussy thinking she is not letting me brush her teeth. At work it could be so bad that my boss walks in and tells me what to do, but minute he walks out I have no idea what he sad, or would remember only half. If I don’t have paper and pen handy while he is talking, ouch! hahahaha…

Since I started the treatment it is much better and it’s slowly progressing. I can actually concentrate on doing something sometimes and do some work (OMG that was so hard to do before), I started doing some development again (I’m in IT business) which I just couldn’t do since I got sick. Fog is still kind of there but much better. It turned more into some kind of light-headiness, my brain still feels kind of loose in my head (not sure how to describe it better) and I am sensitive to vibrations (such as riding a tram etc.), my balance is improving but still slightly shaky there. My memory is improved, although not where I want it to be yet. I didn’t dress my kids wrong in a while hahahaha. I seem to be getting some of the control of my life back.

I still have better or worse days. Some days I am almost symptom free, but some days I get some of the symptoms back and the fog comes back as well but not as bad as before. Molybdenum helps, but as it’s hard to get in my country I keep going up and down on the dosage and testing what’s the least amount I can take.

Oh, and I’m about three months into the treatment.

Arijana

benc

orka1998 wrote: Before treatment I had it bad and it pretty much progressed since last summer until it was really terrible. It was also followed by dizziness, loss of balance and all kinds of other scary symptoms. It was getting so bad that it would sometimes take me a minute to react to someone asking me a question. I could not get jokes, I would not find them funny either, and laughing was pretty much gone from my life (which was such a huge contrast from me before illness as I was always joking and laughing even at problems). I also could not remember much and kept forgetting simple things, would dress my kids upside down or inside out, or wrong stocking on wrong leg, I even mixed up their toothbrushes and got upset that my kid was fussy thinking she is not letting me brush her teeth. At work it could be so bad that my boss walks in and tells me what to do, but minute he walks out I have no idea what he sad, or would remember only half. If I don’t have paper and pen handy while he is talking, ouch! hahahaha…

Since I started the treatment it is much better and it’s slowly progressing. I can actually concentrate on doing something sometimes and do some work (OMG that was so hard to do before), I started doing some development again (I’m in IT business) which I just couldn’t do since I got sick. Fog is still kind of there but much better. It turned more into some kind of light-headiness, my brain still feels kind of loose in my head (not sure how to describe it better) and I am sensitive to vibrations (such as riding a tram etc.), my balance is improving but still slightly shaky there. My memory is improved, although not where I want it to be yet. I didn’t dress my kids wrong in a while hahahaha. I seem to be getting some of the control of my life back.

I still have better or worse days. Some days I am almost symptom free, but some days I get some of the symptoms back and the fog comes back as well but not as bad as before. Molybdenum helps, but as it’s hard to get in my country I keep going up and down on the dosage and testing what’s the least amount I can take.

Oh, and I’m about three months into the treatment.

Arijana

It might be worth trying some basic VRT for your dizziness, it helped me a lot. However being diagnosed with damage to my right inner ear did divert me away from what the root cause of it all

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Fortunately my brain fog wasn’t too bad before I started the diet. I mean I lacked concentration and I kept making stupid decisions but I’ve been on the diet for 7 weeks and it’s pretty much gone. It wasnt much, it’s different for everyone.

orka1998
    Participant

benc wrote:
    It might be worth trying some basic VRT for your dizziness, it helped me a lot. However being diagnosed with damage to my right inner ear did divert me away from what the root cause of it all

Sorry benc if this is a stupid question, but what’s VRT?

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I had severe brainfog for over 6 months before starting the diet. I felt pretty dumb in general. After 6-8 weeks on the diet, the brainfog lifted and it felt like my IQ doubled (lol). I didn’t take anything to deal with the die-off other than detox tea.

-raster

benc

orka1998 wrote:

Arijana

vestibular rehab therapy. I was referred by docs, eventually (after gp told me i could only get it if i went private). You can find some of the basic gaze exercises online & they helped me in early stages.

orka1998
    Participant

benc wrote:

Arijana

vestibular rehab therapy. I was referred by docs, eventually (after gp told me i could only get it if i went private). You can find some of the basic gaze exercises online & they helped me in early stages.

Thanks! They put me on drugs here, betahistin. I am trying to get off it. Started with 24mg 2xday, now I’m on 16mg 2xday as the last AV test about a month ago was borderline almost normal. I link it to candida since it came with all of the other candida related problems and as soon as I started improving with my treatment, this is getting better as well. I hope if I get rid of candida, I get rid of this problem as well.

I will ask about VRT. I would rather do that then drugs.

Arijana

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

I’m glad you brought this up. I am still experiencing this and I started the diet Feb 27 or 28 (brain fog, lol). I’d have to check my calendar. My experience sounds a lit like Arijana’s. took time to respond and process. Not much laughing, just took too long to get there. Very silly mistakes. Talk about neurological symptoms. Oh and I had severe ringing in my ears which is almost gone. Haven’t been on in a while bur staying true. Have introduced oat bran which I love, stevia, truvia, teff, buckwheat and organic yogurt. Also the megafood probiotic. May have introduced things too fast or maybe ups and downs of treatment but I am having some dieoff with yeast infection which wasn’t an original symptom of mine, seborrhea/ eczema flare up and increased brain fog. Now not sure what to cut back on or just hang in until it passes. At least it’s not debilitating. I should have followed the advice of many and kept a food and symptom log. Oh well I guess it’s not too late. Lots if stuff going on stressful too, job changing to new site, buying a house and ups and downs of raising a 4 year old with limits in my patience due to this damned condition and diet. (Deep breath). Guess I needed to say all that. Just another shout out to everyone who posts their experience and shares their knowledge here. Able I continually see you address new people and am duly impressed with your patience. Thanks for that.

orka1998
    Participant

Pattinoo wrote: I’m glad you brought this up. I am still experiencing this and I started the diet Feb 27 or 28 (brain fog, lol). I’d have to check my calendar. My experience sounds a lit like Arijana’s. took time to respond and process. Not much laughing, just took too long to get there. Very silly mistakes. Talk about neurological symptoms. Oh and I had severe ringing in my ears which is almost gone. Haven’t been on in a while bur staying true. Have introduced oat bran which I love, stevia, truvia, teff, buckwheat and organic yogurt. Also the megafood probiotic. May have introduced things too fast or maybe ups and downs of treatment but I am having some dieoff with yeast infection which wasn’t an original symptom of mine, seborrhea/ eczema flare up and increased brain fog. Now not sure what to cut back on or just hang in until it passes. At least it’s not debilitating. I should have followed the advice of many and kept a food and symptom log. Oh well I guess it’s not too late. Lots if stuff going on stressful too, job changing to new site, buying a house and ups and downs of raising a 4 year old with limits in my patience due to this damned condition and diet. (Deep breath). Guess I needed to say all that. Just another shout out to everyone who posts their experience and shares their knowledge here. Able I continually see you address new people and am duly impressed with your patience. Thanks for that.

Hi Patti,

I was even placed in hospital for neurological problems I had but they found nothing. Of course the didn’t, it was probably candida which they don’t believe exists as a problem.

As for the stress, you must find a way to relax. I don’t really know if it’s my diet finally working or I learned to change over time but i reduced my stress a lot. I really don’t care any more if the dinner is at 6 or 7, I will spend that half an hour cuddling and laughing with my kids instead of trying to get to two three-year-olds to listen to me right away because I’m in hurry. Oh what a difference! This is how my girls and I lived before all this hit me!

I read and feel all this stress from your post and want to say, just take a deep breath and it will get done when it gets done. You don’t have to be perfect at work, or perfect mother, perfect anything for that matter. Just relax and do best you can do.

So again, not sure if the treatment is finally working but I am much better stress wise these days and a whole week I did not snap at my kids and feel like I am unable to accomplish anything. But I don’t really rush anywhere and don’t stress over anything that I cannot do.

I am 100% sure that stress is a big factor in all this. This morning I was involved in a hit and run, got so upset, chased the guy (no I did not catch him), ran a red light trying to do so and it took me like minutes to ask myself “Are you crazy and what in hell are you doing?” It was already too late as all this stress affected me afterwards. I came to work and half an hour later I felt dizzy and just like someone ran over me with a truck few times. My intestines were nagging, I was nauseous, my muscles were cramping. I could feel it setting me back. I finally went out and took a walk, ran some errands and relaxed in this whole process and I’m fine again.

Just trying to help you or anyone else reading this. Most of us have stressful lives and say that this can’t be helped. I think a lot of it depends on us and how we perceive things. Actually read a post about it here the other day (I think someone was just trying to sell something but nevermind that) and it’s so true. We just need to learn to relax. Once I did that (or finally managed it since I felt better), I am making progress every day and feel like I am getting my life back.

Best of luck to you and all here on the forum!

Arijana

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Thanks to everyone that responded here, it is great to get an insight.

To give you an idea of my issues, I’ve had ‘stomach issues’ for nearly three years.

In Jan 2009 I changed companies and worked for the most horrid person, it was the worse stress I can explain. I would gorge on chocolate every night uncontrollably as part of the stress. It was awful. This person was sacked in June 2009 and I managed to get my stress under control by December, IE no more gorging on chocolate.

From Jan 2010 moving forward I would get these odd bloating issues in my stomach. For 18 months I went from doctor to doctor, test to test and nothing could be found. A number of doctors told me it was in my head and it was more than likely depression. I really didn’t think that was the case though. Severe brainfog kicked in at around June and really put a stop on my life altogether.

So a in Jan 2012 I decided to see a nutritionist. All the doctors said my body was physically fine, so it must be something I was putting in to it causing these symptoms. I had a number of tests and was told I have Candida. My nutritionist put me on her candida diet, but it wasn’t that great, still far too much sugar. So I am now following Able’s and the forums candida diet and I have seen improvement already. The road is still long, but for the first time in a very long time, I see light ahead.

benc

orka1998 wrote: It was already too late as all this stress affected me afterwards. I came to work and half an hour later I felt dizzy and just like someone ran over me with a truck few times. My intestines were nagging, I was nauseous, my muscles were cramping. I could feel it setting me back.

I get that now as well. If something pisses me off, I can’t over react to it & it bothers me & makes me feel dizzy until I do something restorative for myself, weather that be a walk, deep breathing exercises, meditation, etc, etc.

I’ve considered weather its depression, but I know once the brain fog & drunk feelings go forever I will be so happy. I’m still working on the diet, but cutting all carbs (expect from veg on the list) has helped & i’ve found this forum really useful for more info.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brainfog’ is closed to new replies.