Brain fog prior, and during detox phase…supplements

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Brain fog prior, and during detox phase…supplements

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Atela 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

I’ve been on the detox cleanse phase of the candida diet for close to 5 days now. Every day, I have caved by ingesting a small amount of restricted food items. Example: a couple drops of soy sauce in the water that I poach my vegetable fritatta in, a prune once every other day, a couple saltine crackers in the evening and maybe a Special K cracker chip or two as well. I try not to give in to those cravings, but am still struggling with it. The rest of the time, I adhere to the green diet. Breakfast consists of the fritatta. Lunch is usually a salad with avocado, baby lettuce, cauliflower, and asparagus. Supper is usually sauteed green veggies. I am SO hungry!

One of the symptoms that prompted me to get help, was brain fog, as well as a vague feeling of light headedness. These symptoms seem to be increasingly stronger after starting the detox. I am assuming that I am beginning to experience the die-off phase. After reading through the many useful threads here in the forum, I discover that there are MANY supplements that I need to procure in order to deal with die-off Unfortunately, I live in a remote area far from the nearest health food store. We do have a CVS pharmacy about 8 miles away. Are there any supplements that I can get at the drug store that might aid during this process? Or maybe just something in the kitchen cupboard? I have already ordered the following items for phase two of the diet. They should be here tomorrow.

Phellostatin ~ Antifungal…1 tab 3 x day
    ProbioMax Plus DF ~ Probiotic… 1/2 pak to 2 pks a day
    Power Mushrooms ~ Build immune system…2 to 3 tabs, 2-3 times a day

After reading this thread, I see all kinds of supplements listed. EVOO, chia seed, sodium bentonate, ginger, lemon water, milk thistle, dandelion tea, bitters, i.e. Are all of these required, or would I do just fine getting my hands on some Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. I’m thinking that I need a quick band-aid until I can get the proper supplements. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where can I read more about this forum’s admins, owners etc? I’m curious as to who’s behind it.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’ve been on the detox cleanse phase of the candida diet for close to 5 days now. Every day, I have caved by ingesting a small amount of restricted food items.

A detox is a period where you allow your body to rest and heal itself through not feeding it hard to digest and potentially toxic foods. If you are “caving” on your detox then your not detoxing at all, merely dieting. The detox is hard to do and you may find enough challenge in starting with the diet.

Have you considered ordering your supplements online? A lot of us use iherb.com you can use my discount code for your first order BKC394 .

You may want to start by reading about the diet that most folks on this forum are using http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

We follow a different diet then the website.

Also, you should expect your brain fog to get worse before it gets better. I’m not saying it WILL for sure, just that the common experience seems to be worse, then better.

mrs.candida

Oh! And “Power Mushrooms”? Do they contain mushrooms? if so, then I’d stop this immediately.

Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate is your best friend ans will help you with the die off symptoms. It’s recommended to start taking these 3 days before starting your cleanse. They should have it CVS.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t eat mushrooms if you are fighting a fungal infection.

The probiotics and antifungals make your die-off worse while some of the other supplements you list will make it better. You basically need to support your liver and kidneys to make the die-off tolerable.

-raster

Atela
    Participant

mrs.candida;38793 wrote:
    A detox is a period where you allow your body to rest and heal itself through not feeding it hard to digest and potentially toxic foods.

If anything puts my digestive tract through turmoil, it’s the ensuing events after ingesting raw green vegetables! My candida infestation most likely has reached a critical point. Perhaps through the intake of green foods, the healing might work, and it won’t be as uncomfortable to eat them

mrs.candida;38793 wrote: Have you considered ordering your supplements online? A lot of us use iherb.com you can use my discount code for your first order BKC394 .

Yes. As you may have read in my original posting here, I have items on order. However I would like to thank you for mentioning your suppliment source, and offering your discount code.

mrs.candida;38793 wrote: You may want to start by reading about the diet that most folks on this forum are using http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

I have been revisiting that thread since Able mentioned it in my very first post to this website. I spend probably 6 hours a day reading as much as I can, until my head starts spinning! This brain fog doesn’t help matters! Hence, my reason for reaching out to the community here, in my own threads.

mrs.candida;38793 wrote: We follow a different diet then the website.

Assuming that the admin here is the same person behind the website, would it not make a lot of sense to do a little revamping of the diet protocol? I would think that they would want everyone ‘on the same page’, so to speak.

mrs.candida;38794 wrote: Oh! And “Power Mushrooms”? Do they contain mushrooms? if so, then I’d stop this immediately.

As you may have read in my first post here, “I have already ordered the following items for phase two of the diet“. The mushroom extract is to aid in boosting the immune system. Now, if phase two is not a good time to introduce this supplement, then perhaps someone might suggest another immune boosting product that would be acceptable.

mrs.candida;38794 wrote: Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate is your best friend ans will help you with the die off symptoms. It’s recommended to start taking these 3 days before starting your cleanse. They should have it CVS.

Unfortunately, I consulted a holistic practitioner prior to finding the The Candida Diet website. He is the person who came to the conclusion that I have candida overgrowth, and suggested the supplements that I should purchase. Unfortunately, he was out of them at the time of my visit, so I chose to order the online. Once I found the website that carried the Phellostatin, I was immediately connected with an individual who seemed quite adept on the subject of candida.

Atela
    Participant

raster;38820 wrote: I wouldn’t eat mushrooms if you are fighting a fungal infection.

The probiotics and antifungals make your die-off worse while some of the other supplements you list will make it better. You basically need to support your liver and kidneys to make the die-off tolerable.

-raster

As I pointed out to MrsCandida, these products are meant for phase two of the diet, not for the initial detox cleanse. Might you have a suggestion of when to introduce these into the program? During the detox, is it safe to say that the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate would be about the only supplement that I would need? Or would some of the other above mentioned items be recommended along with the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate?

Atela
    Participant

A lot of us use iherb.com you can use my discount code for your first order BKC394.

Thanks again MrsC. I did manage to navigate over to iherb.com. Do you have any suggestions of which manufacturer to go with for the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just to clarify on the stages we follow on the forum:

stage 0: detox/cleanse
    stage 1: long term anti-candida diet
    stage 2: for when you are basically symptom free and can tolerate more molds, sugars, starches, etc.
    stage 3: basically a healthy non-candida diet

So you should be going to stage 1 next…

The people who are on the forum do not run the website so they are completely independent of eachother.

I just listened to a radio show that mentioned how our body views certain mushrooms as invaders and the body thus floods the system with white blood cells which are needed to fight this threat. When they see the mushrooms in the blood, they realize that its food and then go off to fighting something else. The only unfortunate thing about this is if you are allergic to mushrooms, this could get all screwed up somehow. I would be very careful with them because if you have a very bad allergic reaction, you could go to the hospital as a worst case scenario.

I have a good immune system product that is better and its called congaplex.

I hope you are not consuming soy sauce, crackers, prunes, etc. while on the cleanse because then it wouldn’t be much of a cleanse…

-raster

Atela
    Participant

raster;38832 wrote: So you should be going to stage 1 next…

What is the cue to indicate that I’ll be ready for stage 1?

raster;38832 wrote: The people who are on the forum do not run the website so they are completely independent of eachother.

Good to know. I’ve been curious as to how this forum is funded.

raster;38832 wrote: I just listened to a radio show that mentioned how our body views certain mushrooms as invaders and the body thus floods the system with white blood cells which are needed to fight this threat. When they see the mushrooms in the blood, they realize that its food and then go off to fighting something else. The only unfortunate thing about this is if you are allergic to mushrooms, this could get all screwed up somehow. I would be very careful with them because if you have a very bad allergic reaction, you could go to the hospital as a worst case scenario.

No mushroom allergy here, unless a new change has arrived along the way. I love mushrooms. In November, I passed a 7mm calcium-oxalate kidney stone. I do have to watch my calcium and green vegetable intake. This whole diet and supplement thing has turned into quite a puzzle. The mushroom product was suggested because of my need to watch my calcium intake. I think I should be okay with drinking more water.

raster;38832 wrote: I have a good immune system product that is better and its called congaplex.

I may have to look into this one.

raster;38832 wrote: I hope you are not consuming soy sauce, crackers, prunes, etc. while on the cleanse because then it wouldn’t be much of a cleanse…

Consuming a diet of just greens, I seem to get hungry 1/2 hour after eating. Going to bed hungry is not working well! I need some sort or safe snack. I will make an attempt at the kale chips.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Found this last night, really helped with head pressure and a bit with fogginess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro

JD

Atela
    Participant

1533jd;38853 wrote: Found this last night, really helped with head pressure and a bit with fogginess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro

JD

Great find, JD!

Atela
    Participant

mrs.candida;38794 wrote:
    Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate is your best friend ans will help you with the die off symptoms. It’s recommended to start taking these 3 days before starting your cleanse. They should have it CVS.

I finally found the 3 day prior rule on the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. I did go up to the CVS store, and they didn’t have this stocked. Looks like an order item. They did have vitamin D3, but I wasn’t sure of which potency to get. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Atela;38890 wrote: I finally found the 3 day prior rule on the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. I did go up to the CVS store, and they didn’t have this stocked. Looks like an order item.

A drug store is very unlikely to have a product such as Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. You’ll have more luck with a health or vitamin store. Amazon sells the brand that worked best for me. Molybdenum at Amazon

They did have vitamin D3, but I wasn’t sure of which potency to get. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

The Vitamin and Supplement post is part of our protocol.

Able

mrs.candida

I passed a 7mm calcium-oxalate kidney stone. I do have to watch my calcium and green vegetable intake.

I know this is a controversial statement but I’m gonna go for it.

I have kidney stones too, and when they told me that the reason was because of my green vegetable intake I called BULLSHIT!

I truly believe it’s another thing that’s gone awry because of my candida infestation. They also told me that if I lost weight quickly that my stones would move and I’d be in a lot of trouble. Well, I just lost 50 lbs. in 2 months and I didn’t have one bit of kidney pain.

Obviously my story isn’t over yet and they could still move at any moment. However, I AM totally sure that kidney stones are a candida symptom.

s you may have read in my original posting here

There are over 4,386 members on this forum I think it’s safe to assume that no one is going to remember most of what you post. Plus most all of us have brain fog.

Atela
    Participant

mrs.candida;38923 wrote:

I know this is a controversial statement but I’m gonna go for it.

I have kidney stones too, and when they told me that the reason was because of my green vegetable intake I called BULLSHIT!

I truly believe it’s another thing that’s gone awry because of my candida infestation. They also told me that if I lost weight quickly that my stones would move and I’d be in a lot of trouble. Well, I just lost 50 lbs. in 2 months and I didn’t have one bit of kidney pain.

Obviously my story isn’t over yet and they could still move at any moment. However, I AM totally sure that kidney stones are a candida symptom.

Congrats on the weight loss! I do believe that there is a connection between candida overgrowth and renal stones. I just can’t put my finger on it yet. My guess might be that the stones are blocking the ureter, then the candida begins to grow because there is no urine to flush the bacteria growth, causing it to get out of hand. The stones, to begin with, might be the result of candida growth preventing the normal flow of urine.

There are over 4,386 members on this forum I think it’s safe to assume that no one is going to remember most of what you post. Plus most all of us have brain fog.

It’s a relief to know that I’m not alone! It’s such a struggle to read threads and replies from folks who use a mobile device for online posting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brain fog prior, and during detox phase…supplements’ is closed to new replies.