Boulardii makes my skin itchy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Boulardii makes my skin itchy

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mariatrucha 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mariatrucha
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi, I have a candida albicans overgrowth (it shows up in the stool tests). In my vaginal test it never shows up. I’ve been experiencing anal and vulvar itching and hypersensitivity down there for years. The sensibility and pain disappeared after I discovered I was MTHFR c677t in both copies and started supplementing with vitamins. But the itching doesn’t go away. I took candida support from Now for two months and the anal itching got reduced considerably. I recently stopped taking it and started with boulardii (from seeking health, 250mg per capsule). One in the morning and one before bed. Since then that all my skin is very itchy and my annus too. Is this a normal reaction or I’m reacting badly to the boulardii.
    I’m not a native English speaker so sorry if something sounds strange. Thank you!

SunnyTimes
    Participant
    Replies: 4

This is just a shot in the dark but have you considered gluten intolerance? It can cause anal itching. And the other possibility is ‘ringworm’ or Tinea cruris, a fungus. Candida is a yeast, but yeasts are classified as fungi. You might find that ringworm and Candida thrive in the same conditions.

mariatrucha
    Participant

Hi SunnyTimes,
    Thank you for your answer. I’ve been tested of ringworms and other parasites and I was positive in Giardia but I removed it 2 years ago. Actually, my last stool analysis came clean of candida too. Regarding the gluten intolerance, that is something I’ve thought about a lot. I don’t eat it regularly, only in special occasions. Although the millet I usually have is not gluten-free so maybe it contains a bit. The blood tests came negative for gluten intolerance although they are not 100% reliable. Maybe I should check this better.

SunnyTimes
    Participant

Hi mariatrucha, I know you’re not a native speaker – ‘ringworm’ is the common name for a fungus called ‘tinea’, which if found on the feet is commonly known as ‘athletes foot’ and around the groin is known as ‘jock itch’. In my experience the candida and ring worm can go hand in hand (both are a form of fungus – Candida is a yeast, and yeasts are classified as a fungus). I’ve also read that intestinal Candida can cause vaginal Candida.

Be careful of millet, apparently it can affect the thyroid. I spent a lot of time investigating a gluten-free wholegrain diet. Short-grain brown rice works for me. Occasionally I add buckwheat. It seems that for me that a tiny bit of gluten triggers off a minor reaction in my gut which then allows the Candida to flourish. Tiny amounts of gluten e.g. in wheat flour can be found in all sorts of products e.g. soya sauce, tinned soups.

Have you tried being really strict for a week or two to establish a baseline, then trying out different foods to see what reaction you get? Strict meaning no alcohol, no cheese, no coffee, no fruit, no sugars of any sort (anything ending in -ose e.g. fructose, sucrose, glucose)?

mariatrucha
    Participant

Hi SunnyTimes, thank you for explaining what’s ringworm. I assumed it was a parasite. I didn’t know that millet causes issues with thyroid. I haven’t tried a strict gluten-free diet. I don’t drink coffe, tea, alcohol, or eat products with lactose. I have to admit that I eat one piece of fruit daily because I have issues with histamine and I have to be careful with nuts, hazelnuts, etc which are a good alternative when you are in a candida diet.I mainly eat vegetables, a bit of meat/fish and gluten-free grains like millet, buckwheat and oatmeals.
    My turning point was when I started supplementing with glutathione and a B complex with methylfolate. But I still have issues with the damn itching down there that’s :(.

SunnyTimes
    Participant

Yes, it can be a long journey figuring this stuff out. If it’s ‘ringworm’ then loose-fitting cotton garments (strictly cotton), especially at night, can make all the difference. A cream such as Candistan (clotrimazole, which counteracts both Candida and Tinea) can be very helpful. I’ve spent hours and hours researching my problem over many years. I’m glad that I personally didn’t go to a doctor – by all accounts doctors prescribe creams (e.g. Candistan) which in my case I bought over the counter and which only covers up the symptoms, and in the worse case prescribe oral Diflucan (fluconazole) which apparently can cause liver damage and is often only a temporary respite.

At the moment doctors are apparently not that knowledgeable about Candida. If I felt that they knew about it I would visit a doctor. Changing my diet is making all the difference for me, but finding the right diet and then sticking to it is hard work.

The last possibility I can think of is that you’re allergic to something in your clothes e.g. silicone, artificial fibres.

mariatrucha
    Participant

It’s quite frustrating how clueless are doctors when it comes to chronic health issues. And it’s being a really long journey for me too (more than 4 years). I’ve spent houndreds of hours researching too and that’s how I discovered I have issues with histamine and methylation. If I had waited for doctors to tell me what was wrong with me, I would have died with all the symptoms making my life miserable. I know I still have work to do but at least my symptoms are much milder than one year ago. What usually works really good for my genital itching is boric acid ovules. I don’t like using the for too many days but they give me a lot of relief.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.